Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Guest bimpy474

Aye, I've seen the picture. Seems pretty harmless to me. :dontknow:

It is and i think it's nothing to worry about imo but in this climate, the PC brigade go mental. That shit has been allowed to run riot in the last few years. Over sensitive self appointed policemen.

Shame but that's the reality of the today.

Fuck off man bimpy :lol:

I seriously doubt there was any malice on Taylor's part but I wouldn't say "oh, it's nothing to worry about". Okay, it was probably a private joke but on a public forum, without any context it is simply Steven Taylor taking the piss out of black people. And some of our fans were fucking patting him on the back with their inane "omg Stevie #lad epic #banter" type responses, which does nowt for our reputation either.

He really needs to engage his brain (if he has one).

Erm that's what i said like. I think it's nothing to worry about.  But you simply cant do that these days because of over reactions to things like that. Your right it has to be in context.

I played for a football team that was over 50% Zimbabwean, we turned up for a game on a very hot day and our kit clashed with the oppos. One of our team said we could play skins.

I said we cant as we would be in different kits.......just a joke but you could imagine someone nowadays saying it was racist.......unfortunately while it's obviously right to stop racism, it has gone too far the other way.

He's an idiot. If you had a public job, you wouldn't post that type of banter on Twitter or FB. You would keep it Whatsapp or whatever.

He's making jokes about their blackness and given Papiss some comic lips. IMO he deserves whatever criticism he receives.

Personal "bants" is just that but when it's public it becomes an issue. He's a moron.

It is and i think it's nothing to worry about imo but in this climate, the PC brigade go mental. That shit has been allowed to run riot in the last few years. Over sensitive self appointed policemen.

I seriously doubt there was any malice on Taylor's part but I wouldn't say "oh, it's nothing to worry about". Okay, it was probably a private joke but on a public forum, without any context it is simply Steven Taylor taking the piss out of black people. And some of our fans were fucking patting him on the back with their inane "omg Stevie #lad epic #banter" type responses, which does nowt for our reputation either.

Erm that's what i said like. I think it's nothing to worry about.  But you simply cant do that these days because of over reactions to things like that. Your right it has to be in context.

I played for a football team that was over 50% Zimbabwean, we turned up for a game on a very hot day and our kit clashed with the oppos. One of our team said we could play skins.

I said we cant as we would be in different kits.......just a joke but you could imagine someone nowadays saying it was racist.......unfortunately while it's obviously right to stop racism, it has gone too far the other way.

I disagree. People still get racially abused, people still get beaten up and even killed because of their skin colour.

You said it's nowt to worry about because people are too PC, I'm saying the complete opposite. It is something to worry about and being an absolute dolt is nee excuse.

It is and i think it's nothing to worry about imo but in this climate, the PC brigade go mental. That s*** has been allowed to run riot in the last few years. Over sensitive self appointed policemen.

f*** off man bimpy :lol:

I seriously doubt there was any malice on Taylor's part but I wouldn't say "oh, it's nothing to worry about". Okay, it was probably a private joke but on a public forum, without any context it is simply Steven Taylor taking the p*ss out of black people. And some of our fans were f***ing patting him on the back with their inane "omg Stevie #lad epic #banter" type responses, which does nowt for our reputation either.

Exactly, the only reason why I'm not totally offended is that 1. I know he's a complete idiot 2. I've assumed they are friends and that's how they banter.

But as a standalone picture, it's pretty fucking racist.

I disagree. People still get racially abused, people still get beaten up and even killed because of their skin colour.

You said it's nowt to worry about because people are too PC, I'm saying the complete opposite. It is something to worry about and being an absolute dolt is nee excuse.

You just can't call a digging implement a shovel these days.

If that Lawyer for Black People comes on SSN

:spit:

Sorry it's actually the 'Society for Black Lawyers'. The blokes a tool who gets himself on SSN at any little sniff of racism.

Peter Herbert he's called - absolutely hate the bloke. He loves to be offended.

Guest bimpy474

I'm looking at this in two ways.

Point 1. Is Saylor racist and means it in a racist way..........no imo.

Point 2. He meant it as a joke and it's backfired because he was too thick to see why, and he's apologised as i've just seen.

Now what i detest is the self appointed spokesman who is outraged on behalf of people who aren't actually outraged as they understand point 2.

When i said it's nothing to worry about, that is exactly what i meant, it'll be all over in a day or two, hence nothing to worry about it.

I just can't understand why people are still so fascinated or obsessed with skin colour in this day and age.

You'd think Steven Taylor had never seen a black person before he met Sissoko, Cisse, Haidara and Anita.

Just think it's really weird behaviour.