Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Guest firetotheworks

Whether we think he's racist or not doesn't really matter imo. If it was just banter between players then that's fine, but posting it on Twitter opens it up to people being offended by it without it just being by the P.C Brigade.

In essence, he's a fucking idiot and whether it's racist or not is completely open to interpretation.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

"However the FA subsequently confirmed that a charge of racism had been issued against Taylor, who has until Wednesday to respond."

from .com

Great. A 6-8 match ban incoming.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/computer-close-hulk.gif

What sort of position is he in? How's he going to respond? "It was just banter." What else can he say?

What a f***ing idiot to have brought this on himself and, by extension, the club.

He's going to present a slideshow featuring Africans, with a subliminal "not a racist" message, then he'll say "the blacks, a great bunch of lads" and offer everyone a drink.

:lol:

http://www.fifpro.org/img/uploads/image/Red%20Card2-515.jpg

"And as you can see here..."

Look at his face. :lol:

Taylor is a tool for bringing this on himself, and the club by association, he must be as thick as pig shit.  Is he a racist?  That will depend on what people class as being a racist or racism.  I think it's at least bordering on racism because he's singled a black player out for his colour but I doubt that he's realised what he was doing.

I don't know for sure where I stand on this, should friends not be able to take the piss out of each other?  I think they should but why would anybody think colour is a reason to take the piss and has he even done that?  I wouldn't think my black mates were being racist if they tweeted a picture of a white person and said it was me but that's easy for me to say as I've never had my colour used against me as far as I'm aware.

It's a mess.

Taylor is a tool for bringing this on himself, and the club by association, he must be as thick as pig s***.  Is he a racist?  That will depend on what people class as being a racist or racism.  I think it's at least bordering on racism because he's singled a black player out for his colour but I doubt that he's realised what he was doing.

I don't know for sure where I stand on this, should friends not be able to take the p*ss out of each other?  I think they should but why would anybody think colour is a reason to take the p*ss and has he even done that?  I wouldn't think my black mates were being racist if they tweeted a picture of a white person and said it was me but that's easy for me to say as I've never had my colour used against me as far as I'm aware.

It's a mess.

Ok, I'm confused. Is it racism? He's not said he hates them because they are black. In fact, it's quite clear he doesn't hate them because they are larking about and they've been ribbing him for his crap attempts at speaking French. So is he racist? Are they xenophobic for mocking an Englishman for his inability to speak another language. I thought racism was racial hatred? Or am I completely wrong?

Guest chicken little

I thought racism was racial hatred? Or am I completely wrong?

Pretty much, aye.

Much like saying all black people must be able to do the hundred in ten seconds, or all Indians are good at maths, or Jews are good with money, it's all racist shit and it doesn't have to be motivated by any sort of maliciousness.

On a slightly related point, take note of all the white people saying they see nothing wrong with, and aren't offended by this kind of crap.

I thought racism was racial hatred? Or am I completely wrong?

Pretty much, aye.

Much like saying all black people must be able to do the hundred in ten seconds, or all Indians are good at maths, or Jews are good with money, it's all racist s*** and it doesn't have to be motivated by any sort of maliciousness.

On a slightly related point, take note of all the white people saying they see nothing wrong with, and aren't offended by this kind of crap.

So if it had been the other way round and Haidara had posted a picture of 4 stereotypical white guys to take the nick out of willo, Taylor, colo and cabaye would that be racism? Would you be offended?

What sort of position is he in? How's he going to respond? "It was just banter." What else can he say?

What a f***ing idiot to have brought this on himself and, by extension, the club.

He's going to present a slideshow featuring Africans, with a subliminal "not a racist" message, then he'll say "the blacks, a great bunch of lads" and offer everyone a drink.

:lol:

http://www.fifpro.org/img/uploads/image/Red%20Card2-515.jpg

"And as you can see here..."

"I forget his name, BUT WE GOT ON VERY WELL"

Ok, I'm confused. Is it racism? He's not said he hates them because they are black. In fact, it's quite clear he doesn't hate them because they are larking about and they've been ribbing him for his crap attempts at speaking French. So is he racist? Are they xenophobic for mocking an Englishman for his inability to speak another language. I thought racism was racial hatred? Or am I completely wrong?

He's singled Anita out for being black but he hasn't used his colour against him.  Different people have different definitions for racism.  Like I said, it's a mess.

You can't really make 'jokes' in the public arena with regard to peoples colour, especially if you are a footballer and all the race based issues that have been flying around lately. The FA have no choice but to react to it. "Like to see you guys smile" is rooted in a casual racist comments that were popular decades ago and that in itself is very poorly thought through. If something about a person is joke worthy that is fair game, but it can never be about skin colour.

You can't really make 'jokes' in the public arena with regard to peoples colour, especially if you are a footballer and all the race based issues that have been flying around lately. The FA have no choice but to react to it. "Like to see you guys smile" is rooted in a casual racist comments that were popular decades ago and that in itself is very poorly thought through. If something about a person is joke worthy that is fair game, but it can never be about skin colour.

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/4195/9uce.jpg

Guest bimpy474

Can you say or do something racist accidentally not meaning it in a racist way.

Is that what Saylor did, it's whether people choose to believe he was thick enough to accept that as an excuse or reason.

What has happened is probably a joke between friends which wasn't intended as racism, one of those on the receiving end has said as much.  Why should white people be offended if somebody on the receiving end isn't?

Get a grip.

People can interpret it as being racist, even if he didn't directly mean to offend anyone. Like Mick says, it's a mess but has to be dealt with because you can't get away with shit just for being an incredibly thick idiot. I think the best thing to do is bury Taylor alive and forget he ever existed.

Can you say or do something racist accidentally not meaning it in a racist way.

Is that what Saylor did, it's whether people choose to believe he was thick enough to accept that as an excuse or reason.

You can offend people at anytime without meaning it so I don't see why not in this instance.

That's bollocks, you can hurt a fat person as much by taking the piss out of him for being fat or a ginger kid for being ginger.  Why is one fair game while the other isn't?  I'm neither by the way so I'm not biting.