Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Steven Taylor is set to be fined by Newcastle United after posting a desperately ill-judged joke picture on Twitter apparently mocking four black team-mates.

Taylor was quick to apologise for his response to a message from Massadio Haidara, who teased him about his attempts to learn French, and is understood to feel remorseful about a tweet taken in good humour by his black colleagues Papiss Cisse, Vurnon Anita, Moussa Sissoko and Haidara but which can clearly be construed as crudely racist.

Retorting to Haidara's dismissal of his linguistic skills, the centre half wrote: "It's always good to see you guys smiling" and attached a picture depicting stereotypical black faces, presumably meant to resemble Haidara, Anita, Sissoko and Cisse. One had afro hair, another dreadlocks, a third was wearing a black mask while displaying bright white teeth and the other was apparently dressed in African tribal clothes.

:lol: :lol:

Where's that from? :lol: 'another had dreadlocks', FFS.

Guest MidlandMag

Steven Taylor is set to be fined by Newcastle United after posting a desperately ill-judged joke picture on Twitter apparently mocking four black team-mates.

Taylor was quick to apologise for his response to a message from Massadio Haidara, who teased him about his attempts to learn French, and is understood to feel remorseful about a tweet taken in good humour by his black colleagues Papiss Cisse, Vurnon Anita, Moussa Sissoko and Haidara but which can clearly be construed as crudely racist.

Retorting to Haidara's dismissal of his linguistic skills, the centre half wrote: "It's always good to see you guys smiling" and attached a picture depicting stereotypical black faces, presumably meant to resemble Haidara, Anita, Sissoko and Cisse. One had afro hair, another dreadlocks, a third was wearing a black mask while displaying bright white teeth and the other was apparently dressed in African tribal clothes.

:lol: :lol:

Fuck me... :iamatwat:

Be funny if he had just Googled "black lad with dreadlocks" and a picture of Anita had come up, so Taylor thought "canny likeness that mind, that's more or less exactly what Vurn would look like if he did have dreadlocks" and went with it. :lol:

I don't understand the "banter between friends" thing.  What is the joke then?  I'm sure it is banter, and i'm sure Taylor isn't an actually racist person, but the only joke I see, friendly or not, is a racist joke.

Haidara says on Twitter that it was banter

If the black players in our team banter about with Taylor regarding skin colour then that's fair enough BUT Taylor was stupid for posting it in the public domain

I don't understand the "banter between friends" thing.  What is the joke then?  I'm sure it is banter, and i'm sure Taylor isn't an actually racist person, but the only joke I see, friendly or not, is a racist joke.

Haidara says on Twitter that it was banter

If the black players in our team banter about with Taylor regarding skin colour then that's fair enough BUT Taylor was stupid for posting it in the public domain

It's still racist banter, whether friendly.  You're right though, if it was private then it's up to them, but the bell end made it public.

Aye, I've seen the picture. Seems pretty harmless to me. :dontknow:

It is and i think it's nothing to worry about imo but in this climate, the PC brigade go mental. That s*** has been allowed to run riot in the last few years. Over sensitive self appointed policemen.

Shame but that's the reality of the today.

Aye, that's the real shame of today :lol:

Taylor's being a f***ing idiot. I doubt there's malice, but it's racist. It's clearly highlighting people because of their race, grouping black europeans and indigenous Africans and additionally has an image that looks reminiscent of minstrel style stuff. If you can't see how that can be offensive, that's just ignorance. Baffles me how people can think of 'political correctness' as a bad thing - note the 'correct' part.

Doesn't make him a bad person, but makes him at least bloody ignorant and in the need of some education.

edit:

The fool's not even apologised. He said 'Apologies if my tweet offended anybody.' That's not an apology for his tweet, it's one of those slimy politician apologies.

Guest bimpy474

Aye, I've seen the picture. Seems pretty harmless to me. :dontknow:

It is and i think it's nothing to worry about imo but in this climate, the PC brigade go mental. That s*** has been allowed to run riot in the last few years. Over sensitive self appointed policemen.

Shame but that's the reality of the today.

Aye, that's the real shame of today :lol:

Taylor's being a f***ing idiot. I doubt there's malice, but it's racist. It's clearly highlighting people because of their race, grouping black europeans and indigenous Africans and additionally has an image that looks reminiscent of minstrel style stuff. If you can't see how that can be offensive, that's just ignorance. Baffles me how people can think of 'political correctness' as a bad thing - note the 'correct' part.

Doesn't make him a bad person, but makes him at least bloody ignorant and in the need of some education.

edit:

The fool's not even apologised. He said 'Apologies if my tweet offended anybody.' That's not an apology for his tweet, it's one of those slimy politician apologies.

Being politicially correct is fine, it's just when it goes rabid. I guess we know Saylor as an idiot and not a racist, so we're a little biased. Not an excuse obviously.

Funny thing is, he's always called thick about just about everything, yet this for some that isn't good enough for today. Yet this is the thickest of thick things to do.

I agree with Beren, he is embarrassing.

It's worth all the hassle for the terminal aneurysms it'll bring on from the mackems who'll suffer cognitive dissonance.

"I hate Steven Taylor, but I also hate darkees..."

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120914120351/uncyclopedia/images/b/b5/Exploding-head.gif