Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

50K for Steven Taylor. Laughable.

I thought the days of us offering stupid wages for useless/average players had gone ???

But maybe if it means we get to sell him for a decent fee (instead of him walking out for not much or nothing) its worth the short term financial pain of paying him stupid wages  :shifty:

Guest neesy111

I thought the days of us offering stupid wages for useless/average players had gone ???

But maybe if it means we get to sell him for a decent fee (instead of him walking out for not much or nothing) its worth the short term financial pain of paying him stupid wages  :shifty:

How dare you think that the club is capable of cunning plans like that. :lol:

How dare you think that the club is capable of cunning plans like that. :lol:

I feel thoroughly ashamed of myself  >:D

Don't think he's worth £50kpw, but do think he's a good defender who'll improve massively in this team over the next couple of years.

He'd be daft not to take 50 imo, nowhere else is going to offer him much more, why bother with the upheaval? Only citeh would realistically offer him more than that in todays current climate and he'd just warm the bench, if that.

Sign up and have him and Carroll here for the next 5 years showing the youth coming through it can be done.

I dont believe in this day and age there are any clubs left willing to pay more than 30k aweek for a player like S. Taylor.

The money is just not there any more, we are not the only ones having to rein in the daft wages.

If he leaves now It may be for other reasons than the money on offer. (hard to take in that 30K a week is not enough to get by on isnt it)

I hope he signs though because he was just starting to look nicely up for it and dominant as a centre back before he got the shoulder injury.

I don't think he's worth 50k a week but then again I don't think Coloccini is worth 75k a week.  Taylor is probably pissed off some players earn more but he's also got to appreciate Simpson, Williamson etc. will be on a pittance.

I don't think he's worth 50k a week but then again I don't think Coloccini is worth 75k a week.  Taylor is probably pissed off some players earn more but he's also got to appreciate Simpson, Williamson etc. will be on a pittance.

That's been my main argument. There's players that are on the ridiculous wages from the past regime and the beginning of Ashley's. And I hoped we havn't bowed to his pressure, as he needs to know that those days are over, and it's not going to be a never-ending cycle of 'he gets more than me, I should get more'.

Don't have a problem with £50k for him, he's probably just about worth it.

He could still force his way into the first team and get in the England squad if he plays his cards right.

Offer him £35k-ish, and if he gets into the England squad then he's earned a payrise to £50k. To give a player who's proven to be no more than a decent mid-table to bottom-half Premier League centre-back (up to now) £50,000 a week is ridiculous.

f*** an improved contract.  If he doesn't want to sign for what we feel is reasonable then he can do one.  Much rather see Kadar as our 3/4th choice anyways.

which do we feel is reasonable, the unknown previous offer or the unknown new offer ?

Where has the club suggested a figure? And it clearly shows they're doing everything to keep him when they're putting him on the transfer list when he refuses their offer. Not digging at you magorific, I just don't really understand your post.

f*** an improved contract.  If he doesn't want to sign for what we feel is reasonable then he can do one.  Much rather see Kadar as our 3/4th choice anyways.

which do we feel is reasonable, the unknown previous offer or the unknown new offer ?

Whatever the club had offered him initially.  And what's wrong with Kadar as 4th choice?  He'll hang round a hell of a lot longer than Taylor in that spot.

Whatever the club had offered him initially.  And what's wrong with Kadar as 4th choice?  He'll hang round a hell of a lot longer than Taylor in that spot.

taylor is much the better player and is only 24.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Kadar as 3/4th choice for the Premier League? No way man.