Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I thought Tiote played quite well.  ???

Taylor was a bit sub-standard but nothing to whinge about. City made life easy for themselves by capitalising early and never really put us under sustained pressure simply because they didn't have to. The defence for the last 85 mins was fine.

Just read some of the in play match comments - fucking he'll lads your stream must have been shite; Taylor did alright, it was poor play by others & Tevez having too much space in front of the defence that was the problem. Pardew could have asked Tiote to do a job on him instead he spentblarge parts of the 1st half chasing space & having a battle with Toure.

Im pretty sure Tiote surrended possession for the second goal.

That happened like 40 meters from our goal so there are a lot of time to chase the ball back...but noone did that they just backed off when Tevez started to advance

I thought Taylor did well - he is strong and good in the air - he kept it basic yesterday and I was impressed - if you consider the opposition and his lack of match sharpness it was a really good performance - not sure what his critics are looking for him to do - I don't like his pointing and heroic stuff but I was never unduly worried that they were going to get past us after the first 10mins- good stuff

mixed feelings, happy that he's signed because we need the cover, but i'm afraid that he'll be first choice. whatever the differences of opinion on him and williamson, i fail to see how anyone can argue we look a better team with taylor in the side.