Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Simpson's getting far too much praise in my opinion. He was absolutely woeful against Man City.

Did any of the Man City goals come down our right?

As Dave said. He was nowhere to be seen for the first goal, no idea why he decided to wander up the field. As for the third, his positioning/backing off throughout the period that Man City had the ball around our box was terrible. The way he backs off worries the life out of me and I dread to think what Bale will do to him today.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Better in the air, much better in the tackle than Taylor (going to ground) as well. Would say Taylor gets in front of more (world class blocker /James) and is more aggressive in the oppo box.

Despite Williamson being 6'4, he's pretty weak in the air. He's not too strong either, Saylor is better suited to physical battles.

Simpson's getting far too much praise in my opinion. He was absolutely woeful against Man City.

As Dave said. He was nowhere to be seen for the first goal, no idea why he decided to wander up the field. As for the third, his positioning/backing off throughout the period that Man City had the ball around our box was terrible. The way he backs off worries the life out of me and I dread to think what Bale will do to him today.

How on earth would he be at fault for the first goal? Krul shouldve had it booted into row Z removing any danger. Simpson has been more than good enough for us this season and was fine against City. Made some timely tackles and interceptions which prevented a few dangerous attacks.

How on earth would he be at fault for the first goal? Krul shouldve had it booted into row Z removing any danger. Simpson has been more than good enough for us this season and was fine against City. Made some timely tackles and interceptions which prevented a few dangerous attacks.

Where did I say he was at fault for the goal? It doesn't alter the fact that he was well out of position and contributed to compounding the error made by Krul.

Where did I say he was at fault for the goal? It doesn't alter the fact that he was well out of position and contributed to compounding the error made by Krul.

Are you not saying he was at fault for the goal? Seems very much like you are from those two posts.

Better in the air, much better in the tackle than Taylor (going to ground) as well. Would say Taylor gets in front of more (world class blocker /James) and is more aggressive in the oppo box.

Despite Williamson being 6'4, he's pretty weak in the air.

no he isnt

The first goal wasn't his fault but he could have made a decision which prevented it. Not sure what he was doing but he just stepped out for no reason.

He probably thought that we were going to be attacking and moved out because of that, I did.

The first goal wasn't his fault but he could have made a decision which prevented it. Not sure what he was doing but he just stepped out for no reason.

He probably thought that we were going to be attacking and moved out because of that, I did.

Didn't even realise you were on the pitch ;)

I am nailed on for funniest poster of the year.

This was when Tevez had the ball. He could have tried closing down Tevez, kept an eye on Barry...but he just seemed to step forward.

Forget the result today, what Pardew will ultimately be judged on is his decisions regarding players. Taylor is obviously rated very highly by him, something I don't agree with, so that worries me in the same way Souness' proclamations of greatness about certain players did. Let's hope Pardew's judgement is proven right and we don't end up losing precious points because Taylor and Coloccini was a disaster in the premiership last time round.