Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

I just wish I knew what's stopping Shola being actually a good player... it's a mystery we'll all take with us to our graves.

he's had some bad luck with the timing of injurys in that he's had them when he's been on good runs of form the rest of the time god knows

Guest hobshobs

I just wish I knew what's stopping Shola being actually a good player... it's a mystery we'll all take with us to our graves.

Ray Wilkins gave part of the answer today saying he needs to be stronger, he goes over far to easily. Would have to agree that is a part of it. The rest is his lack of awareness and attitude which is shocking at times.

Was excellent today. I thought when Sammy came on it was beautiful. It was like watching the alpha male show his young cub how to do stuff. In fact if the Ameobi pride had longer on the pitch together I reckon they would have well wildebeasted Terry and Alex.

Was excellent today. I thought when Sammy came on it was beautiful. It was like watching the alpha male show his young cub how to do stuff. In fact if the Ameobi pride had longer on the pitch together I reckon they would have well wildebeasted Terry and Alex.

:lol:

i'm sure after the 5-1 win over the mackems when he was interviewed he said he was nervous when taking the penalty as he'd practiced a few the day before and missed them all!!

All the more credit to him for taking it on the day.

Le Tissier was once asked for the secret to taking a good pen, and he said that too many players were worried about missing. He always had in his mind beforehand, a picture of the ball hitting the net, the cheering crowd, the congratulations from team mates etc

Shola is one of nature's positive thinkers. With the amount of abuse he takes from fans, he ought to be the last one that would volunteer for a penalty. But he obviously sees it as an opportunity, not a risk. Not long ago, he was talking about getting a call-up to the England squad, and being Newcastle manager one day. We can all laugh, but there's nothing wrong with having an aim and being positive.

On the pitch, he and the team can be having a terrible day, but he'll keep showing for the ball, and keep trying things. This season, we've seen him risk his long-term fitness by playing before a facial injury has fully recovered. I'm sure that in the past, he's turned out when only half-fit, in situations where other players might have ducked out. I would love it if his spirit is rewarded in the end by a really great moment, like the winning goal in a Cup Final.

I do have a picture of an older Shola, standing on the touchline dressed in a suit, a hat on and and apple in his hand in my head now. :lol:

aint checked the thread but did anyone else here shola having a go at the linesman sayin "eh you winding me up? you winding me up?" could be heard clearly on the telly in his classic shola style. tickled me abit :)

he's had some bad luck with the timing of injurys in that he's had them when he's been on good runs of form the rest of the time god knows

p*ss off. He hasn't looked genuinely like a PL striker in about 5 years. Injuries play a very small part; lack of dedication, focus and talent complete the picture.

Aye, it's completely baffling how a striker with no pace, balance, intelligence or goalscoring threat isn't actually a good player.

Guest Heneage

I just found him to be lazy today, it's one thing to be slow, it's another thing all together to just not bother chasing.

Aye, it's completely baffling how a striker with no pace, balance, intelligence or goalscoring threat isn't actually a good player.

Guest johnson293

According to someone on Twitter, Shola has been called up to the Nigeria squad again.

:frantic:

Could it happen....

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a249/johnson293/ameobi.jpg

According to someone on Twitter, Shola has been called up to the Nigeria squad again.

:frantic:

Could it happen....

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a249/johnson293/ameobi.jpg

:fwap:

f*** that, they should give him Number 9

Content to persevere with his ‘lucky’ squad number of 23, the homegrown striking ace says nine is just not the number for him.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/2011/05/15/shola-ameobi-on-importanc-of-no-9-shirt-79310-28694935/

homegrown striking ace  :lol:

http://www.balljersey.com/product_images/uploaded_images/newcastle-home-2010-2011-football-shirts-jerseys-kits-ameobi-23.jpg http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/140/376852-michael_jordan_jersey_large.jpg

:snod:

I think the question we all want to know is this...

IS SAMI ELIGIBLE?

For what? The number 9 shirt hell why not, he's already been capped by Nigeria at under 21 could see both Ameobi's at the ACN :fwap: