Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

I've done plenty of pictures, not that the daft cunts on here will remember them though.  In my day... :lol:

Anyway this was my first mention of it:

Bloody Big Show.  Hate him, he's like Shola.

Doesn't really work now like, since I still hate Big Show but am in one of my good phases with Shola.

Just looking back at the start of this thread, when people wanted him sold or shipped off to the arse end of Sudan.

Since then, he's really not improved statistically, yet has developed full-blown cult hero status.

Why do people think that is?  Personally, I love Shola despite his faults now.  Has everyone just given up hope and accepted him for what he is. :lol:

Cos he has found his role within the team - 20, 30 mins towards the end where he can be an impact sub and where it doesn't kill his body. A lot of the frustration came when he was a regular in the side, pushing his limited fitness and not having much contribution most of the time.

There's no target man similar to him that we have on our books so he can be an effective Plan B when he comes on. Oh, and the mackem-slaying too.

Just looking back at the start of this thread, when people wanted him sold or shipped off to the arse end of Sudan.

Since then, he's really not improved statistically, yet has developed full-blown cult hero status.

Why do people think that is?  Personally, I love Shola despite his faults now.  Has everyone just given up hope and accepted him for what he is. :lol:

Think we've just given up hope of him ever leaving, realised he'll play here until he retires so we might as well embrace the lunacy rather than attempt to fight it.

It's the "If you can't beat them, join them" mentality.

Proper implementation of his limited skill set and endurance. He's fantastic at what he does, and he gives all he has in these short appearances.

Breaking mackem hearts.

Proper implementation of his limited skill set and endurance. He's fantastic at what he does, and he gives all he has in these short appearances.

I think his performances have improved dramitically since he became a 20 minute sub. We often dont have to rely on him, so its easier not to get frustrated. But yeah, in general, he comes on for 20minutes and does very little wrong and when he does things right, like Monday, people love him for it.