Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Guest palnese

I never want him start. Ever.

People would have said the same for Willo at the start of the season. He's won people around though. Shola is performing well and we are winning matches, he's putting a good case forward for himself.

That's true, but I stand by what I said.  :lol:

Guest dazzanufc1892

had thousands of chances, time to finally move on from this living tragedy.

Dont care how well he plays, he offers nothing to us in the long, or maybe even short term, put the trust in those that can grow.

had thousands of chances, time to finally move on from this living tragedy.

Dont care how well he plays, he offers nothing to us in the long, or maybe even short term, put the trust in those that can grow.

It's a good sentiment, but who?

Pardew said in his post-match interview on Radio Newcastle that Shola would definitely be starting against West Brom.

Deserved. He was the best player out there in the first half, and he's in good form.

Pardew said in his post-match interview on Radio Newcastle that Shola would definitely be starting against West Brom.

Deserved. He was the best player out there in the first half, and he's in good form.

:thup:

(didn't think i'd ever be giving a thumbs up for a post advocating a shola start)

As long as we are getting results, and he puts in decent performances i am happy for him to start for now. I hope we still push for two forward players in january, like we should (yes i know, we will be lucky if we even manage to get one player in).

He only lasts a max 60mins anyway. The problem is it should be Ben Arfa who comes on straight away not Cisse.

The problem is Ben Arfa and Cisse don't have the same attributes (winning headers and being able to hold the ball up) that Shola has so when Shola comes off our system has to change. Remy likes to play in the number 10 role so I'm sure he likes playing off Shola. Shola is our only striker who is good in the air and can hold the ball up. That's one of the main reasons why we need to replace him with Gomis or a similar type of striker.

Guest reefatoon

After his performance against Norwich, are people content/happy for him to start against West Brom? I didn't want him starting against Norwich but i actually wouldn't want him dropped on Saturday now.

Have you never watched him/us over the years?  The bloke puts in one half decent performance once in a blue moon, then it's back to the shambles we all are used too. Don't think now after a decade of his shite that all of a sudden he is going to start being a consistent performer.

After his performance against Norwich, are people content/happy for him to start against West Brom? I didn't want him starting against Norwich but i actually wouldn't want him dropped on Saturday now.

Have you never watched him/us over the years?  The bloke puts in one half decent performance once in a blue moon, then it's back to the shambles we all are used too. Don't think now after a decade of his s**** that all of a sudden he is going to start being a consistent performer.

Never said he would be :undecided:

I just think he's been decent since Man City and has helped us in the system of 4-4-2 and Remy has worked well off him when they have played along side each other. I'm happy to stick with it against West Brom rather than change formation and tactics to get rid of Shola after Norwich game.

Guest reefatoon

Better than Cisse atm

And doesn't this just make you want to weep.  To be in the year 2013 and Shola being our best striker is probably going to be the biggest tragedy of the decade.  Unbelievable how this has happened.

He is going to score the winner in the world cup final against England isn't he?

No.

He'll score against England but it won't be in the final.

It will be in the group stages to prevent England qualifying for the next round.

Guest firetotheworks

He is going to score the winner in the world cup final against England isn't he?

No.

He'll score against England but it won't be in the final.

It will be in the group stages to prevent England qualifying for the next round.

No.

Guest firetotheworks

My reaction when he scored against Italy was something along the lines of laughing whilst saying "fuck off man, Shola"

I reckon it would be something along those lines. He's the great pretender like. Sometimes you just have to laugh with the career he's had, but it's mostly just utterly annoying to the extent that you're raging at someone that is quite clearly a lovely man.

Guest reefatoon

My reaction when he scored against Italy was something along the lines of laughing whilst saying "f*** off man, Shola"

I reckon it would be something along those lines. He's the great pretender like. Sometimes you just have to laugh with the career he's had, but it's mostly just utterly annoying to the extent that you're raging at someone that is quite clearly a lovely man.

I say that when he scores for us.

Loved the way he pointed Gouffran to go to the front post while he attacked the back and resulted in the second goal.

Do you think he learned that from Shearer or Kluivert?

Neither, he taught them.