Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/nov/29/premier-league-10-things-this-weekend

How perverse that Alan Pardew's counter-intuitive decision to drop Hatem Ben Arfa, his most talented player, has led to Newcastle winning their past three matches and rising to eighth place, two points off Manchester City in fourth. That's football for you – in total defiance of logic again. Yet just as significant as Ben Arfa's absence has been the inclusion of Shola Ameobi in all three of those matches, the striker's strength and deceptive intelligence giving Loïc Remy the time and space to score goal after goal after goal. Papiss Cissé might be a better finisher than Ameobi, who has not scored in the league since March 2012, but his all-round game is inferior and Newcastle often look like they are playing with 10 men with him in the side. With Ameobi in the team, Newcastle have greater balance. Watch out, West Brom. Shola is back.

I'd argue Shola is a better finisher than Cisse tbf. How many sitters do you see Shola miss?

How many times does Shola fall on his arse and lose the ball in positions that many strikers may have made useful?

I think some of the talk surrounding Cisse, Shola, and Ben Arfa and the last three results has confused correlation with causation.

I'd argue Shola is a better finisher than Cisse tbf. How many sitters do you see Shola miss?

How many times does Shola fall on his arse and lose the ball in positions that many strikers may have made useful?

I think some of the talk surrounding Cisse, Shola, and Ben Arfa and the last three results has confused correlation with causation.

How many sitters do you see Shola miss?

On that Cabaye feature on Football Focus it was showing the players huddled together prior to a recent match (not sure which one), and Shola was quite clearly the one leading the teamtalk. Whilst I totally appreciate the input he has on that side of things as an senior player and good on him, it's concerning that we still need a player that should be miles away from being good enough to start for us in the Premier League to gee up the team on the pitch.

He does it because apparently he's very good at it, but it's a bonus, we don't fall apart without his pre match huddle. Not really all that concerning to exploit one of his strengths as long as he's here/in the team.

Love Colo, but he doesn't strike me as much of an orator tbh. :lol: