Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Guest Haris Vuckic

so you respect their opinions because they're the same as yours? i go to games as well, i think shola's s***. there's nothing embarrassing or pathetic about it. most of your responses seem to be aimed at 'people' or 'fans' when i'm engaging you in debate about what YOU'RE saying, if you did the same we might get somewhere.

I'm not saying he's mint on his day he's worse than useless . I'm saying people celebrating injury is less than pathetic.

so you respect their opinions because they're the same as yours? i go to games as well, i think shola's s***. there's nothing embarrassing or pathetic about it. most of your responses seem to be aimed at 'people' or 'fans' when i'm engaging you in debate about what YOU'RE saying, if you did the same we might get somewhere.

I'm not saying he's mint on he's day he's worse than useless . I'm saying people celebrating injury is less than pathetic.

i agree, you've also said people are using him as a scapegoat and that fans should boo players they don't think are very good.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I'm not saying he's mint on he's day he's worse than useless . I'm saying people celebrating injury is less than pathetic.

i agree, you've also said people are using him as a scapegoat and that fans should boo players they don't think are very good.

Again - I'm saying that if people are claiming to be so passionate against Shola why don't they substantiate their claim and do something about it? That's a lesser a point & to summarise, rather than say promote uproar the purpose of my defence of Ameobi would be to promote synergy, move in one direction rather than petty people on here spilling milk because we don't have Shearer up front anymore.

What happens to Leon Best after his purple patch?

Don't understand why Haris is having a breakdown over Shola like.

When he plays well of course we're gonna cheer him i.e Mackems at home, but everyone who knows Ameobi knows he only has 2 or 3 good games a season and the rest of the time he's absolute piss.  He's the most infuriating player at the club and he shouldn't be anywhere near a starting place.

However, just because he's a terrible footballer doesn't mean people should be walking up to him when they see him in the street and informing him that he's a useless dickhead that shouldn't be playing for NUFC, or abusing him every minute he's on the pitch, because that would be the behaviour of a twat of the highest order. 

Football forums were created so fans can air their grievances and complain, doesn't make them keyboard warriors.

You're the definition of a keyboard warrior, especially with fans of other clubs. Apparently the respect campaign you're preaching doesn't quite extend to them.

Which fans are these sorry? :lol:

That daft mackem, plus this: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,63745.msg2231476.html#msg2231476

Think you've improved as a poster recently, tbh, but you're in absolutely no position to accuse folk of keyboard warriors when all they've done is voice opinions about a player they pay to go and see.

Noticed a few comments along the lines of:

-When ben arfa is back our front options will be great and shola (lumbering one) + Lovenkrands will hopefully become history.

:undecided: while I'm not advocating he's our number 9, I still think he's a vastly superior option to Lovenkrands and can still get 5-10 goals for us this season. Also, he's a great role model for younger players (see: Sammi) and how to conduct themselves off the pitch (and by all accounts, at training).

For whatever reason, the consistency isn't there, but he's still a good enough squad player for the next couple of seasons - along with Guthrie.

-When ben arfa is back our front options will be great and shola (lumbering one) + Lovenkrands will hopefully become history.

:undecided: while I'm not advocating he's our number 9, I still think he's a vastly superior option to Lovenkrands and can still get 5-10 goals for us this season. Also, he's a great role model for younger players (see: Sammi) and how to conduct themselves off the pitch (and by all accounts, at training).

For whatever reason, the consistency isn't there, but he's still a good enough squad player for the next couple of seasons - along with Guthrie.

Being a role model off the pitch isn't enough to be a Premier Leauge player, not for me. Shouldn't have been offered the contract, shouldn't be on the pitch.

Na they are both players who are expendable but only providing players come in. Shola should have been let go years ago but he has given us some memorable performances since.

Guthrie would be a top player in the championship but you have to say his time is up with Cabaye and Tiote at the helm, as well as Abeid and Vuckic coming through the ranks.

We need to get Shola as far away as possible from Sammi. And Shola is certainly not a "vastly superior" player to Lovenkrands.