Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

and am still not sure bringing him on was the right thing to do.

Eh? He scored, and played well. It was absolutely the right thing to do. :lol:

only in hindsight. i'm normally someone who gives him a chance but even i think thought bringing him on wasn't the right thing to do. sometimes you can do the wrong thing and it works.

only in hindsight. i'm normally someone who gives him a chance but even i think thought bringing him on wasn't the right thing to do. sometimes you can do the wrong thing and it works.

what hva you been smoking

nowt, only had 2 pints pre game aswell due to early start in the morning.

Completely agree with madras. Come on, who thought it was the right move to bring him on? Just need to look in the match thread to see what people thought of that sub.

He was fucking fantastic today though, great goal as well.

He's right, Shola will more often than not let us down.  Him scoring once in a blue moon and doing reasonably well about as often means he should rarely get any game time.

Great cameo and goal from Shola today. :thup: Wasn't it Bobby Robson who best described Shola as a 'Riddle wrapped in an enigma'?

Think it was 'A riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a used nappy on a bike eating an apple"

better ?

I was surprised how good he looked even before the goal. One of those days when he really looked up for it, I'm not sure how others saw it differently. It looked a terrible decision to bring him on, but once he got on the pitch he absolutely justified it.

Up there with his strike against Chelsea (that game where Shearer also scored a cracker) as one of the best Sho-Stopper moments.

That 20 min spell from Shola must be how he's played in training for the last 12 years and why every manager still picked him,  it was like he was giving a masterclass in playing the lone frontman,  never gave the ball away, battered the centre halfs, linked the play with the midfield and then when presented with a chance produces a wonder striker with his weaker foot!

Either that or someone told him we were playing Sunderland and not Spurs.

You're assuming that Pardew had absolutely no idea that Shola was really up for it today, and just got lucky, which may not be true.