Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Guest palnese

Can't get over how good his two goals were. Fucking expertly taken.

Superb assist for Nolan as well, the movement from the corner was great and the header was composed.

That corner move is genius. You can clearly see Colo taking out Sholas marker.

Superb assist for Nolan as well, the movement from the corner was great and the header was composed.

tbh judging by the way he wheeled off in celeb I think he was trying to score (and momentarily thought he did score) but the movement was top class alright

tbh judging by the way he wheeled off in celeb I think he was trying to score (and momentarily thought he did score) but the movement was top class alright

Oh yeah, I'm not suggesting he specifically headed it directly onto Nolan's head... but he did really well to direct it back across the goal.

Also, I never get tired of watching his second goal!

Oh yeah, I'm not suggesting he specifically headed it directly onto Nolan's head... but he did really well to direct it back across the goal.

Also, I never get tired of watching his second goal!

yup top class finish which he's always had (remember his goal vs forest i think it was last season where he just turned at the edge of the box and smashed it into the net), problem usually has been the rest of his game and his tendency to get caught offside and amble around aimlessly. But from what i've seen this season hes been working at those parts of his game it seems, he lead the line well vs city and vs west ham he chased everything which was pleasing to see as its not normally something he'd do but his workrate last few games has been very impressive

That corner move is genius. You can clearly see Colo taking out Sholas marker.

Yes, but now that Andy Gray has highlighted this we'll get pulled up for it like we did in the relegation season when Taylor scored against Boro and we tried the same thing on the satuday against Fulham and got done for it.

The contrast between page 1 and page 10 in this thread is absolutely ridiculous. Shola is an awful footballer, 1 good game, albeit very, very good, does not make up for 9 years of complete s**t.

The contrast between page 1 and page 10 in this thread is absolutely ridiculous. Shola is an awful footballer, 1 good game, albeit very, very good, does not make up for 9 years of complete s**t.

People are pleased when one of our players seems to improve. They express the honest hope that it will continue this way. What's wrong with that?

He's 29 years old, i don't think there's going to be too much more improvement. To be honest it's not so much the ott reaction that bothers me, more that this man has stolen a career when it has been crystal clear for at least 6 or 7 years that he is not good enough

Of course he's been poor for much of his career. I even believe he's still the same poor player - just that he's hit a good form now.

But regardless of how shit he is/was, he's pretty much the only option we have at the moment to play with Carroll.

He's 29 years old, i don't think there's going to be too much more improvement. To be honest it's not so much the ott reaction that bothers me, more that this man has stolen a career when it has been crystal clear for at least 6 or 7 years that he is not good enough

Shut up man, this is going to be the season he gets 20 goals and forces his way into the England squad...

He is right though. People need to remember what they were saying on the earlier pages.

Quite a few said he was a good squad player who chips in with goals when it matters especialy in derby games. Seems a fair assesment to me. It's more the fact that we have the likes of Best, Lovenkrands and Ranger as our other strikers why people are wanting him to start.

Ameobi and Carroll was relatively effective in the Championship, only in that it's two big bastards who'll both give defenders a hard time. I don't think it would work at all in this league.

Nom nom nom.

sometimes players can improve even at late age with good coaching and management, look at zamora last season

Still don't believe it was Shola playing. Didn't even look like the same bloke.

He looks a completely different player. Touch is better, but mostly he doesn't seem to stay off side as much or give away daft fouls. Maybe that's because we now use Carroll as our target man more, but it's still great not to have to witness Shola giving away possession when we're just about to start an attack.

Problem with Wor Shola is that he has one of these performances every so often, looks absolutely class then fails to do it for another couple of months, or goes out injured.

Hope he can keep it up, really do, but the past would suggest otherwise.