Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Ameobi has scored 49 goals in 250 games spanning 11 years, that an average of 0.196 goals per game, I just don't know how he can have a record like that and yet still get onto the team sheet.

We will be told soon that he has a dodgy hip or something again and that he is "playing through the pain barrier" for us while the lads are away at the cup of nations and that we should all be thankful to lord shola

Ameobi has scored 49 goals in 250 games spanning 11 years, that an average of 0.196 goals per game, I just don't know how he can have a record like that and yet still get onto the team sheet.

Danny Murphy surpassed him today with 50 league goals to Shola's 49

When I see players like him and Obertan (just another example, chillax, there is still time for him.) on this level, I'm thinking; "The f***? So there really is hope for everyone." Then I think how sad it is that they get paid good money, plays for 50k every week, living the dream 'n stuff blablabla, and yet they have no skill, literary none. On top of that they're not interested or/and capable of putting in a minimum of effort to look like football players or at the very least athletes. f*** sake.

What's even worse is that, despite how appalling he has been described on this thread, he's still 100000x the footballer any of us will ever be :(

Guest optimistic nit

the most annoying thing about shola is not that he is shit but that he is occasionally very good. if he was plain shit we'd have got rid years ago, but the potential for one good performance keeps us addicted.

the most annoying thing about shola is not that he is shit but that he is occasionally very good. if he was plain shit we'd have got rid years ago, but the potential for one good performance keeps us addicted.

No. 'you' maybe.

He is plain shit. I'm not addicted to watching the gormless knacker at all.

We should do something to let Pardew know exactly how we feel about him. Surely there is something the fans can do w/o going to the extreme of booing(which I think he deserves at this point, but I still believe you shouldn't boo your own players.)

That's just embarrassing.

Guest optimistic nit

No. 'you' maybe.

He is plain shit. I'm not addicted to watching the gormless knacker at all.

after he came on at spurs i would have liked him in the starting XI, and i doubt i was the only one. had some good periods last season as well

When I see players like him and Obertan (just another example, chillax, there is still time for him.) on this level, I'm thinking; "The f***? So there really is hope for everyone." Then I think how sad it is that they get paid good money, plays for 50k every week, living the dream 'n stuff blablabla, and yet they have no skill, literary none. On top of that they're not interested or/and capable of putting in a minimum of effort to look like football players or at the very least athletes. f*** sake.

What's even worse is that, despite how appalling he has been described on this thread, he's still 100000x the footballer any of us will ever be :(

:okay:

So true :lol:

The absolute worst player to ever play Premiership football could probably run circles around all of us.

Guest pintofscottsellers

The disallowed goal he scored against Fulham was pathetic, miles offside. Also when Ben Arfa hit that strike in the first half that the keeper saved, where was Shola for the rebound man, he was not even close to the 18 yard box, Risse even had the time to slide his whole body against the floor and nod it into the keepers hands ffs

The absolute worst player to ever play Premiership football could probably run circles around all of us.

Whilst I don't doubt there is a huge gulf between Prem players and us fuckwits, I can't subscribe to this. There has been some total total dross on PL pitches, youth players who were never gonna make it, crazy fake Liberian superstar cousins, that kinda shit. I reckon we could take on a team of Jamie McClen's. We'd still get butchered, but he's not running circles round anything. Ever.

Whilst I don't doubt there is a huge gulf between Prem players and us fuckwits, I can't subscribe to this. There has been some total total dross on PL pitches, youth players who were never gonna make it, crazy fake Liberian superstar cousins, that kinda shit. I reckon we could take on a team of Jamie McClen's. We'd still get butchered, but he's not running circles round anything. Ever.

First thing that came to mind. :lol:

Nah, there's Alan Smith.