Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Don't understand how he can perform so well against one team. Just another reason to hate him, man. :lol:

Has prob wasted much of his talent due to his mentality & we dont see it. Like Spurs earlier in the season, hes just a different player against Sunderland.

Must be motivation/confidence linked somehow.

Yes, quite the enigma... Was brilliant against Spurs.

Love his goal celebration. It means so much to him. Cabaye was trying to tear him away so we could get a winner, but his hands were outstretched to the heavens and they refused to come down as he basked in the sweet divine presence working through him on Derby Day. Possessed :lol:

Shola defies logic and belief in a Tyne Wear derby yet again.

his entire career has been a defiance in logic and belief in that how can he be so good in some games (once every 10 by my count) and really look utterly unplayable and produce what he does the rest of the time.

Shola loves Derby Day - he'll have been up all night eating raw steak and watching videos of mackems torturing baby animals.

Bring him off the bench late on, just so he can do this again:

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2012/03/02/1226287/420692-shola-ameobi.jpg

He's justified a careers earnings off the back of 7 goals against the Mackems.

It's the two games a season I don't mind seeing him.

Agreed, I wish he was as motivated in other games because he can do it when he wants to, it's just that 2 or 3 games a season isn't enough.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Well done mate. I'm full of the whole "Ah fuck off Shola man let's have proper players for this derby" before the game but he did himself proud. Knew he'd score. :smitten: :lol:

Shola "Ah fookin hate Sunderland Me" Ameobi.

Why didn't he take the penalty? He always takes the penalties! Great cameo. He held the ball up (which Cisse and Ba weren't doing), won a penalty and scored the goal.

Someone should photoshop Pardew breaking the glass on the "In case of Derby break glass" picture.

Guest BooBoo

The stadium was fucking loving him when he scored. Such an outpouring of love for him. All his sins forgiven in a moment.

If only he could play like it's a derby every week he would be/have been some player.

He's always played his best when he's been able to raise his aggression level, either in a derby or when someone or something has pissed him off during a game.

I think he could be described as an enigma.