Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Shola's well off the pace at the moment. I might be tempted to start Ranger next weekend. It's not ideal though and Best might come back into the reckoning after making the bench today.

started reasonably well but the chelsea defence had him and ac9 shackled for most of the game

He missed a sitter in the first minute man. He was too deep for most of the game as well which suggested he was playing Nolan's role (not very well) in a 4-5-1 supporting Carroll.

he had one of those days today when nothing when right,  tripping over ball,  bad first touch etc.

he didnt want to know today. didnt fancy it. ok players can have a shit game. but the least he could do is use his size to knock a few people about.

If hes not gonna try- play someone who will

A shocker for the big lad today.

I feel for him in games like this TBH, he's a player that needs to feel in his head that he has the beating of the opposition, and also one that needs a few good touches and the freedom to lose possession a bit while he works himself into the game.

Neither thing he'll ever get against the better teams in the league.

They're calling for the jinx effect. Probably not fans of our team but the idea is that if you call a team/player useless, it/he goes on winning/scoring that exact game. Or they're just scum.

just arrogant scum tbh

To be fair, they've got an entire thread where they mockingly jip us in an attempt to reverse-jinx against Chelsea. They've also got one for Everton (Chelsea's next game).

The comments may be a carry on from there.

They're calling for the jinx effect. Probably not fans of our team but the idea is that if you call a team/player useless, it/he goes on winning/scoring that exact game. Or they're just scum.

just arrogant scum tbh

To be fair, they've got an entire thread where they mockingly jip us in an attempt to reverse-jinx against Chelsea. They've also got one for Everton (Chelsea's next game).

The comments may be a carry on from there.

i saw that and while that thread was obvious in its intent (daft thing to do if you ask me but each to their own), in that thread however i think were honest opinions (though im certain i saw a comment where smith would be a better option and didn't know whether it was sarcastic or not)

5 games, not a hint of a goal or an assist.

Then there's his work in general play, which resembles something you'd see from a half-cut, obese substitute in a sunday league game.

No doubt we'll hear from Hughton tommorrow that he's playing with an injury/through the pain barrier. Seriously, this useless bastard should have been sacked off years ago. It's only a matter of time before gangs of men start chasing him down the street again.

It always cracks me up (not really) when he has space to build up a counter attack. He will invariably fuck it up by taking way too much time to control the ball and moving sideways instead of forward, sometimes even knocking the ball out of play himself. He's at his absolute worst when other strikers are at their best: in space with time to run at defenders or come up with a counter attacking plan using people running forward from midfield..

So, basically, he's played well in 2 matches when everything went right for us. Other than that, he's not pulled his weight. Don't see why he should still be in the first team.

You could have said that in any of the last 10 seasons to be honest, we all that Shola isn't actually that good most of the time.

So, basically, he's played well in 2 matches when everything went right for us. Other than that, he's not pulled his weight. Don't see why he should still be in the first team.

He's well out of his depth at this level. The last thing we need is a striker more static than Viduka, with about a tenth of his talent.