Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

These 7 goals he's got, does that include the one that was really a Caldwell og?

2 in the 5-1

1 today

1 from the spot after foul *ahem* on Taylor

1 header at the back post at their place

1 in the Emre game plus the Caldwell one

is that it?

These 7 goals he's got, does that include the one that was really a Caldwell og?

2 in the 5-1

1 today

1 from the spot after foul *ahem* on Taylor

1 header at the back post at their place

1 in the Emre game plus the Caldwell one

is that it?

Aye. Think so.

Legend.  Terrible every game until the two games a season he can write himself into history.  Legend.  Mackem Slayer, Geordie Champion, Hero.  I'm just glad we've got a spare for when this mountain of a man hangs up his boots.

Cannot believe he didn't take that penalty like.

:thup:

Ain't a dig at Pardew as such but if he'd been in the dugout for 3 or 4 years I think he'd have insisted that Shola took penalties when he was on the pitch.  I felt a sense of dread when Ba stepped up, just because I knew for sure that Shola was a better bet.

I don't think Pardew had anything to do with it.

Ba/Shola had the conversation. Ba decided he'd taken it because Shola hadn't trained all week and was a bit knackered from the challenge.

Really wish he'd insisted on taking it. If it wasn't him that had been taken down, I reckon he'd have grabbed the ball straight away.

Cannot believe he didn't take that penalty like.

:thup:

Ain't a dig at Pardew as such but if he'd been in the dugout for 3 or 4 years I think he'd have insisted that Shola took penalties when he was on the pitch.  I felt a sense of dread when Ba stepped up, just because I knew for sure that Shola was a better bet.

If there's two things Shola loves, hats aside, it's scoring pens and scoring against the mackems. Couldn't believe that he wasn't taking it, never felt confident when Ba stepped up for whatever reason.

Still feel so gutted for Ba. That interview pose after he says 'not really' :( :lol:

Shola vs Sunderland is the closest this world has to a modern day miracle. Every year, the stadium is full of disbelievers - whose faith in him is shook, who dismiss his run as luck, myth or coincidence - he is mocked, derided and plain insulted by his own - but every year he rises, and delivers [us from evil].

http://neilcranswick.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Shola-Ameobi-celebrates-t-006.jpg

He scores, so that we may continue to demonstrate our innate superiority.

Guest firetotheworks

It was mint when we won the penalty like. It went to Martin O'Neal and this proper timid old bloke who hadn't said a thing for the entire match screamed 'FUCK OFF YI SPECCY CUNT!!!' and then covered his own mouth in shock. :lol:

It's not even an 'in-joke' anymore - the media are starting to pick up on it now.

There's something class about a commentator screaming "The derby day hero does it again" :lol:

Performances like this make you all the more frustrated with Shola like, he's capable of so much more than he's shown over the past 10 years. I love how his celebration turns into some connection with a higher power, it's as if he's channelled the power of Christ into his perfomance and he's giving it back up there. :lol:

Shola is the like the ugly, vitriolic wife that you have been with for years. Everything you show to her externally burns of hatred and desperation for something different. Her presence alone reminds you of the hell she has put you through. Despite all of this, she will occasionally do something that makes you look deep into the eyes of your lover and realise that the heart still yearns for her, and that your life would not be as full if she weren't around.

I really do dislike this guy almost all of the time, but he's been an important figure for the majority of my life, and whenever he does well I cannot help but smile.