Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Shola Ameobi - All 72 goals for newcastle on a popular video hosting website. Such a wonderful way to spend 11 minutes. :smitten:

#11 :smitten:

Also, it makes me laugh how many goals he has scored as he's in the process of falling over.

He scores quite a few with his left too, fair play to him.

Shola Ameobi - All 72 goals for newcastle on a popular video hosting website. Such a wonderful way to spend 11 minutes. :smitten:

You're welcome.

top work  :thup:

Like many of us have said all along - look at how much of a different build & style he had. Imagine had he not had all of those injuries and bulked up like a tank. Some of his early goals were outstanding if im honest it looks like the last 2 years he's really gotten much bigger.

Watching through this again, his Champions League and Uefa Cup goals were troll-tastic. His Mackem slaying too goals of course...His 46 and 50 PKs, 51-53 in the Championship hat-trick,  the 2 vs the Mackems in 2010, and of course 71 and 72  :love:

Little titbit for you but when I was in Primary school, me and my little brother would wave to Ameobi out of the back of the car window when he was a 17 year old going to the bus for training and we were getting dropped off at school. He always smiled, sometimes laughed at us, great bloke even as a young lad.

This is where he lived before the family moved to my neck of the woods in Fenham:

northcote street - Google Maps

Thanks for the video Sewelly, it's a reet bobby dazzler.

Two things i noticed:

1) he doesn't score a header in the first 8 years of his career

2) he definately has a favoured penalty, but jesus wept what a penalty it is. How many keepers go low to their right but still can't get there as it slips inside the post.

Little titbit for you but when I was in Primary school, me and my little brother would wave to Ameobi out of the back of the car window when he was a 17 year old going to the bus for training and we were getting dropped off at school. He always smiled, sometimes laughed at us, great bloke even as a young lad.

This is where he lived before the family moved to my neck of the woods in Fenham:

northcote street - Google Maps

In Blackburn?

Pisses me off seeing him start games like tonight. He's just not up to it and should be saved for the last 20 minutes of Premier League games should we need to go route one.

His movement is really poor unless you can manage to drop the ball within 12" of his body or he's running on to a ball in space and heading towards goal.  Against the mackems, he's motivated and a totally different player but we only play them twice a season.

Guest frazernufc

Obviously we know he isnt to much of a goal threat upfront on his own and I thought he played his usual role quite well in terms of giving the defence a physical battle, cant remember him losing a header. Would like to see him have a game along side Ba or Cisse.

Thought he won a lot of headers tonight it just so happened that no one was gambling on them so they went to no one.  We have a severe problem in our squad with ball watching.  They did have a bunch of kids out there in the back four though so I would expect him to win most of the headers and also do something with them.