Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Last night was not the game for Shola IMO. He did ok but it was a Shola performance when what we really needed were strikers who would have really got at their inexperienced back four and given them a hard time.

Shola is probably more effective and a greater asset when we're playing against a tough unyielding back four who he can upset with his physicality and holding the ball up to bring others into the game.

Pisses me off seeing him start games like tonight. He's just not up to it and should be saved for the last 20 minutes of Premier League games should we need to go route one.

This is it like, we need a young up and coming striker who's ready for first team games asap.

I can see it now - Pards takes us to the CL final in 2020, a 38 year old Shola leading the line after star striker Adam Campbell forgets to put on his factor 150 sunscreen and gets very badly burnt, his ginger skin just not capable of coping with the Mediterranean heat. The match takes place in the Nou Camp - the venue to one of Shola's finest hours. He nets a hat trick in what the media describe as one of the most staggeringly brilliant performances ever seen. At the end of the game Pards and Shola lift the European Cup together. Newcastle fans go wild. But what's this? A tear begins to roll down Pardew's cheek. An official hands the visibly choked Alan a microphone. He then begins to explain that when he signed his new contract back in September 2012 there was one clause both he and Ashley insisted was written up - come 2020 Pardew would step down and Shola Ameobi would be given the chance to manage his boyhood club. Shola pumps his guns, eats an apple and cycles off into the sunset with the European Cup strapped to his back as the fans roar.

Or something like that, yer kna.

I can see it now - Pards takes us to the CL final in 2020, a 38 year old Shola leading the line after star striker Adam Campbell forgets to put on his factor 150 sunscreen and gets very badly burnt, his ginger skin just not capable of coping with the Mediterranean heat. The match takes place in the Nou Camp - the venue to one of Shola's finest hours. He nets a hat trick in what the media describe as one of the most staggeringly brilliant performances ever seen. At the end of the game Pards and Shola lift the European Cup together. Newcastle fans go wild. But what's this? A tear begins to roll down Pardew's cheek. An official hands the visibly choked Alan a microphone. He then begins to explain that when he signed his new contract back in September 2012 there was one clause both he and Ashley insisted was written up - come 2020 Pardew would step down and Shola Ameobi would be given the chance to manage his boyhood club. Shola pumps his guns, eats an apple and cycles off into the sunset with the European Cup strapped to his back as the fans roar.

This is so beautiful :weep:

Pisses me off seeing him start games like tonight. He's just not up to it and should be saved for the last 20 minutes of Premier League games should we need to go route one.

Load of bollocks. He played his role well, as usual.

He set up that chance that Gosling fluffed in the first half and won a vast percentage of his headers. His touch, control and passing were spot on too. The error was not replacing Gosling or Vuckic with Cisse earlier.

Guest Argileye

I will get this tattooed on my back...

Guest frazernufc

This is the best story I have ever read.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mazkaovmVX1qmje97.gif

So beautiful  :weep:

Guest Howaythetoon

Shola did very well last night and played the role he was asked to do without too many errors or faults. He rarely wasted a ball, held it up well, won almost everything in the air and was even a goal threat. The biggest trick we missed was having no-one close to him and nothing from the flanks until Ferguson came on.

Load of bollocks. He played his role well, as usual.

Yeah, as a striker with no goal threat. He may play the role well, doesn't mean we have to like it or accept it in a game where that type of contribution is obsolete.

http://i.imgur.com/ti7ps.gif

http://buzzworthy.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/2450di1.jpg