Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Forget selling him,  the time to do that has gone. He's part of the fabric now and anyway we won't get anyone guaranteed to do better at this stage - Shola and us will live and die together.

What a load of rubbish..

Ok explain how in 5 days we will get someone guaranteed to do better for us, who that player will be and how much they will cost.

Bothroyd would be better than Shola IMO, especially with Carroll out.

If we can get a good fee for him we should take it.

So Bothroyd is proven at this level and guaranteed to be better?

Glad I said that.

Forget selling him,  the time to do that has gone. He's part of the fabric now and anyway we won't get anyone guaranteed to do better at this stage - Shola and us will live and die together.

What a load of rubbish..

Ok explain how in 5 days we will get someone guaranteed to do better for us, who that player will be and how much they will cost.

As far as I am concerned if somebody is willing to pay good money for him I wouldn't pass on the opportunity to finally rid ourselves of him, even if that means risking a small step backwards in the short term. More arguments here: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,68821.msg2761262.html#msg2761262

The rubbish remark was more to do with your 'part of the fabric' melodramatic nonsense.

He should actually sell if we coulda gotten any better, but we ain't, if we had sold it would go to Fat Mikes gambooling habits unfortunately :(

So it's all in all a good deal that we actually have a semi-fit striker left in this club.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

You just know if we did sell Shola he'd score 9 goals against us every game, all of which would be in the Goal of the Season poll at the end of the season, and probably win FIFA's GOAL of the Season too.

Scottwilsonecho Scott Wilson

And #NUFC braced for another Birmingham approach for Ameobi. No desire to sell though, especially from Pardew.

I should think fucking not n all since our squad is beyond piss poor weak.

He should actually sell if we coulda gotten any better, but we ain't, if we had sold it would go to Fat Mikes gambooling habits unfortunately :(

So it's all in all a good deal that we actually have a semi-fit striker left in this club.

:facepalm:

Don't you know, all Mike's money belongs to Newcastle, the two accounts are fungible!  :lol:

Guest hobshobs

Get rid. How many sitters has he missed in recent games alone. Shocking workrate. Always injured. Never from being tackled mind you. Always a pull or a strain. God only knows how? Too laid back. Couldn't care less attitude. Not much better than Owen and Viduka in the relegation season. An acceptance of what Ameobi produces or doesn't produce may be nearer the mark is an example of why we have been where we are for years. Please somebody come and take him from us.

Don't you know, all Mike's money belongs to Newcastle, the two accounts are fungible!  :lol:

Mike Ashley owns NUFC, and he owns the stadium, and he owns us the fans. He owns our homes, our cars, our wives/birds, he owns the lush lasses thread, and the lush lasses in the thread. And he won't stop until we're all crushed into smithereens and recycled in his factories to form his minions, and with the help of his minions, he can only then buy out Dave Whelan and JD Sports. All part of the 5 yr plan. Watch this space  :pow:

What a load of rubbish..

As far as I am concerned if somebody is willing to pay good money for him I wouldn't pass on the opportunity to finally rid ourselves of him, even if that means risking a small step backwards in the short term. More arguments here: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,68821.msg2761262.html#msg2761262

The rubbish remark was more to do with your 'part of the fabric' melodramatic nonsense.

There was no intended melodrama in my comment, simply stating facts. Like it or not he's been here all his career and has played for Christ knows how many managers, all of them have had the opportunity to offload him and, apart from a brief loan spell at Stoke, none of them have. They all knew his limitations like the rest of us do, but they also knew he could do a job for us. Offloading him at this time of year would be madness unless we can find a replacement who can be guaranteed to do better and, given the few players on the market and the sort of money likely to be available, we won't.

Guest Stephen927

I feel like I'm a housewife, and Shola is my abusive husband. It just doesn't seem there are other options than him at the moment. There is always other options, it's just easier to stick with what you have, what you know.

I have Stockholm syndrome with Shola, I've fallen in love with someone who has caused me a lot of hassle.

Let's face it, he's not really a top-level striker, but then neither are a lot of the forwards knocking about the lower reaches of the Premier League.

He's served us well on the odd occasion he has played to his full potential, and he deserves respect for always giving us his all and helping us out with some important performances/goals.