Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

It's surely just a case of him being such a likeable, professional chap above all else? Granted he's come up trumps a few times, but for the vast, vast majority of his career here he has been a joke. He has shown some incredible bollocks in times of real need for us that I do feel I should be personally more grateful for (rather than falling into the set pattern of hurling abuse at him in bursts of frustration like the majority), but howay man, he's had plenty back in return.

I mean, he's probably got more hats than he knows what to do with by now, it's time to stop the madness. I do worry that Shola ceasing to be employed by NUFC may actually bring the 2012 prophecy into being, though.

Testimonial?

:troll:

He didn't get rid of him either.

As far as I remember, only KK has actively tried to do that.

kk had better options at that point than any of the others.  he had owen viduka and martins all involved, didnt he?  wonder whether he'd have peddled him in say, hughtons shoes 24 months ago?

Guest hobshobs

Tbf, he did show some promise under Bobby.

Francis Jeffers showed some promise at Everton.

He's washed up and forgotten now.

Like Shola should be but somehow this club persists with this non entity.

Shola will play for free man, all will be well. It wouldn't be right seeing him in other teams colours though. From the Champions League to the Championship, Nou Camp to Glanford Park (I do know he didn't actually play that night, but you get my point :lol:), through thick and thin Shola's been there.  :icon_salut:

It's surely just a case of him being such a likeable, professional chap above all else? Granted he's come up trumps a few times, but for the vast, vast majority of his career here he has been a joke. He has shown some incredible bollocks in times of real need for us that I do feel I should be personally more grateful for (rather than falling into the set pattern of hurling abuse at him in bursts of frustration like the majority), but howay man, he's had plenty back in return.

I mean, he's probably got more hats than he knows what to do with by now, it's time to stop the madness. I do worry that Shola ceasing to be employed by NUFC may actually bring the 2012 prophecy into being, though.

Testimonial?

I wouldn't rule out Ashley and Pardew thinking this is to keep fans happy... I mean Shola's name is chanted more than anyone else's.

We're not going to spend any money but we better tie down their favourite player :lol:

I can imagine that kind of idiocy

Anyway its about time Shola brings a book out

Ridiculous that KK has been our only manager who has seen through this joker. Yes he scores the occasional goal and puts in the occasional performance but dear lord this kid is a laughing stock and should've been flogged years ago nevermind in these 'super high wagebill' times which people now go on about constantly.

To be fair, Keegan was arguably the only manager to have Owen, Martins & Viduka fit and playing at the same time and on form, easy to cast him aside when that's the case.

Testimonial?

I wouldn't rule out Ashley and Pardew thinking this is to keep fans happy... I mean Shola's name is chanted more than anyone else's.

We're not going to spend any money but we better tie down their favourite player :lol:

I can imagine that kind of idiocy

Anyway its about time Shola brings a book out

More a case of with Shola we know what we get and it'll be easier to persuade him to be 3rd/4th choice here, than to sign a player and tell him he's not going to be in the first-team.

Not when he's on 30k+ a week.

If if he does get a new contract I can't imagine it will be anything like that. If the contracts Ashley is giving out are as heavily performance related as we are led to believe we won't end up paying him anything anyway.

Good stuff  :thup: Said it before that he gets far too much stick off some people. Far from a great footballer, but his hold up play is generally good, he's a decent finisher and terrific penalty taker. Useful player who can do a job for us if we want to compete in all 3 competitions this season.