Wolves 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 28/08/10 - post match reaction from page 22

Dave

Barton is a changed man. Even before a ball was kicked this season his whole demeanour was different. It came across in every interview and on the field he's a different player.

to be fair he has always interviewed well.

Barton is a changed man. Even before a ball was kicked this season his whole demeanour was different. It came across in every interview and on the field he's a different player.

to be fair he has always interviewed well.

He has aye. But the last few months i honestly think he's changed, he just seems really relaxed.

The treatment of Barton today was nothing short of disgusting. Every time he got anywhere near the ball, Karl Henry was on top of him and then proceeded to chop him down. Mick McCarthy no doubt instructed him to do so but it was embarrassing how much he got away with. Could and should have been booked about five times - an absolute joke how he stayed on the pitch.

Wolves are a hard working bunch who hustle and press but have no flair. We had the individuals in our side to make the difference in Routledge, Jonas, Barton and also Carrol with his presence.

Mcarthys tactics to kick Barton off the park from the start in order to wind him up to get sent off were deplorable.

Bartons restraint in the face of these premeditated assaults was commendable. it is going to be a very hard season for him away from home if this is anything to go by

The critisism of the ref is unfair as he picked up every foul and booked most of the Wolves team. It was reminisent of the job Webb had on his hands in the world cup final in the face of thuggish tactics. The home crowd bayed disgust at the ref over every correct decision.

Mcarthy subbed 3 of his players one at least was heading for a sending off if he hadnt. It was noticable that one sub came on and was booked instantly for ripping Jonas for the resulting free kick we scored from.

Perch played well I thought, and if the penalty claim is what I think it was then it was a good tackle by him from where I was.

It pains me to say it because he is a big personality but Hughton has got to make a big decision and axe Nolan. The bloke cannot run and we would have won this game with a more mobile partner for Carrol

Wolves are a hard working bunch who hustle and press but have no flair. We had the individuals in our side to make the difference in Routledge, Jonas, Barton and also Carrol with his presence.

Mcarthys tactics to kick Barton off the park from the start in order to wind him up to get sent off were deplorable.

The critisism of the ref is unfair as he picked up every foul and booked most of the Wolves team. It was reminisent of the job Webb had on his hands in the world cup final in the face of thuggish tactics. The home crowd bayed disgust at the ref over every correct decision.

Mcarthy subbed 3 of his players one at least was heading for a sending off if he hadnt. It was noticable that one sub came on and was booked instantly for ripping Jonas for the resulting free kick we scored from.

Bartons restraint in the face of these premeditated assaults was commendable. it is going to be a very hard season for him away from home if this is anything to go by.

Perch played well I thought, and if the penalty claim is what I think it was then it was a good tackle by him from where I was.

It pains me to say it because he is a big personality but Hughton has got to make a big decision and axe Nolan. The bloke cannot run and we would have won this game with a more mobile partner for Carrol

nolan could have had 3 or 4 given better finishing.

McCarthy is an utter utter c*** for storming over to Barton there at full time.

He's got a f***ing nerve. Joey Barton has been a saint today in comparison to how he was targetted. f***ing disgusting.

Barton was great for keeping his composer.  I am still shocked how Wolves still had 11 men at the end of the game.

He did well, you'd think he would get his own Bach. Could have easily started Chopin them down in retaliation.

very, very good

Bartons restraint in the face of these premeditated assaults was commendable. it is going to be a very hard season for him away from home if this is anything to go by.

nolan could have had 3 or 4 given better finishing.

My take on this is that our response to Wolves' anticipated long ball tactics was to do the same thing and hope that we were more efficient than them in converting chances – basically that we'd be lucky. I'm ambivalent about the whole thing: I can understand on one hand that going that way will see us pick up a few points from teams around us and probably ensure avoiding relegation; however, we did have more flair than Wolves and, if we got the ball down and passed it, could turn matches like these from a lottery (or more aptly: pinball) into probable wins. (For an extended version of this:  http://eintrachtnewcastle.wordpress.com/2010/08/28/wolves-1-1-newcastle-we-have-never-been-modern/ )

Guest Rey Mysterio

Harper - 5

Perch - 6

Williamson - 6

Colo - 7

Enrique - 7

Routledge - 8

Smith - 7

Barton - 7

Jonas - 7

Nolan - 3

Carroll - 8

Would have taken a point before the game but left disappointed as we should have really taken all three.

As the Wolves fans correctly pointed out (for the wrong reasons) the referee was a wanker. It's a wonder Barton wasn't injured by the end of 90 minutes.

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy laughed off complaints from Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton that he had been singled out for rough treatment from Wolves players during the 1-1 draw at Molineux.

Barton was on the receiving end of several committed challenges during a game where 12 players were shown yellow cards by referee Stuart Attwell.

He was seen to exchange words with McCarthy near the tunnel at the final whistle.

But McCarthy made light of the claims of the former England midfielder.

McCarthy said: "We were only laughing. I think he was complaining about one or two of the tackles.

"I said to him 'you are hardly a shrinking violet yourself Joey so come on mate'.

"He just said about my team and tackling and I thought there is the kettle calling the pot black if ever I heard it.

"We were laughing about it. It was nothing at all in terms of harsh words. I was laughing at the fact he even said it."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/10/08/28/SOCCER_Wolves_Quotes.html&TEAMHD=premiership

:bs:

He didn't deny it - the wanker.

Think it's disgusting and if Barton had committed even one of the challenges that he received, McCarthy would be the first to be fucking complaining. Dirty cunts.

They were constantly trying to destroy Joey Barton out there, and especially their captain Karl Henry. That stupid fuck should have been sent off, no doubt. The ref lost control of the game at the end I think, and both sets of players were really frustrated.