Wolves 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 28/08/10 - post match reaction from page 22

Dave

Shearer was an excellent servant to the club in his playing days and one of the greatest strikers of all time.

However, his spell in charge of us can only be described as inept.  His treatment of Barton was nothing short of a farce and, funnily enough, that description is also relevant to his punditry.  I think calling him a w***** is justifiable.

His treatment of Barton, is Barton the prick who was needlessly sent off while we were struggling to avoid relegation?

It wasn't a sending off.

If it had've been anyone else,the yellow would have been shown imo.

i've seen others sent off for it.

I saw 2 or 3 yesterday against us who didn't even get booked for it though.

not foot up in the way barton did.

I know he got booked for the Barton tackle but Henry was just about to go foot up on Smith when play got stopped.

I know he got booked for the Barton tackle but Henry was just about to go foot up on Smith when play got stopped.

Barton did go in two footed against Alonso though, was it next to the corner flag?

Guest localhero87

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1307290/Wolves-1-Newcastle-1-Karl-Henry-insists-tackle--like-Joey-Barton.html

'He (Barton) seems to think he's a bit of a player who puts his foot in. But I didn't see any of that from him. I saw him shoving players off the ball a lot.

'Me? I love getting stuck in. I enjoy these games. There wasn't too much quality, but I knew it was going to be physical with Alan Smith and him in there. I've got a lot of time for Smith. He was saying, "Well done, good battle", and he loves it. He loves getting tackled as much as he tackles.

'I'm the same, I love a good honest tackle. I don't mind getting tackled, either. But Barton was in the ref's ear all the time and not happy about getting put to the floor.

'We'll have more of the same when we go up to their place. He was even whining at the end. Something was going on with our gaffer (Mick McCarthy), a lot of talk. And, as usual, nothing to back it up.'

w*****.

He's setting himself up.  :lol:

Yep. I would put money on Karl Henry leaving St James on a stretcher.

Guest firetotheworks

I still fucking love that tackle by Guthrie on Fagen. Absolutely unprofessional and all, but he did exactly what all of us would have done in that match, and with what was going on.

Guest VegasToon

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1307290/Wolves-1-Newcastle-1-Karl-Henry-insists-tackle--like-Joey-Barton.html

'He (Barton) seems to think he's a bit of a player who puts his foot in. But I didn't see any of that from him. I saw him shoving players off the ball a lot.

'Me? I love getting stuck in. I enjoy these games. There wasn't too much quality, but I knew it was going to be physical with Alan Smith and him in there. I've got a lot of time for Smith. He was saying, "Well done, good battle", and he loves it. He loves getting tackled as much as he tackles.

'I'm the same, I love a good honest tackle. I don't mind getting tackled, either. But Barton was in the ref's ear all the time and not happy about getting put to the floor.

'We'll have more of the same when we go up to their place. He was even whining at the end. Something was going on with our gaffer (Mick McCarthy), a lot of talk. And, as usual, nothing to back it up.'

w*****.

Isn't this the main reason we got Tiote?  Y :snod:

Guest localhero87

I still f***ing love that tackle by Guthrie on Fagen. Absolutely unprofessional and all, but he did exactly what all of us would have done in that match, and with what was going on.

Yep. Awful to say but it was one of the only highlights of that season.

Guest localhero87

w*****.

Judging by his handling of Elano....I'd answer that with a resounding Yes.

w*****.

Judging by his handling of Elano....I'd answer that with a resounding Yes.

Tiote to Hughton...which legs do I break boss

Hughton (with LOTR music in the background)...all of them!

I still f***ing love that tackle by Guthrie on Fagen. Absolutely unprofessional and all, but he did exactly what all of us would have done in that match, and with what was going on.

Couldn't have said it better, honestly.

And also, even the commentator here in Sweden was feeling sorry for Barton and impressed with the calmness of Barton. He thought Barton was going to explode and thought Hendry had a lucky day as he didn't get booked twice (before the one he actually got booked for).

Wolves was the dirtiest team I've seen us play in a long time, and i hope we crush them when they come to St James Park.

Barton should stay away in the return leg, leave the revenge to Tiote and Smith. The refs will no doubt have this feud in their pre match briefing and will be looking out for Joey.

Better still, just hammer wolves and don't get involved at all.

Just seen the highlights since i wasn't able to catch the game and how the hell did that Hendry fellow stay on field after some of those tackles?

And then Barton gets a yellow as soon as he touches anyone, fucking amazing stuff.

Please don't, I am only just managing to stop shaking from rage.

Guest firetotheworks

It just shows how fuckin susceptible the pundits opinions are. That it's funny when it happens to Barton/Arsenal because it's tactical, but when it's anything else it's a disgrace.

It's like an alternate reality within our own at times. Even with Shearer ffs.

That Stuart Atwell must be the worst ref going like, f***ing dreadful.

I don't actualy blame Wolves for there completely non-footballing tactics, if the referee is blind enough to let it carry on then fair enough, but the comments afterwards by Mick McArthy and Karl "I cannot pass a ball" Henry were just completely disrespectful. Mick effectivly just said "Well Barton isn't an angel so we should technicaly be alled to kick the f*** out of him on the pitch", and Henry just had a meaningless pop at Barton after he'd just spent 90 minutes trying to kick the fuck out of him.

And the sad thing is if Barton had attempted any sort of retribution he would have been sent down the tunnel, and that is something the FA realy need to adress.

Barton should stay away in the return leg, leave the revenge to Tiote and Smith. The refs will no doubt have this feud in their pre match briefing and will be looking out for Joey.

:nods: Teamwork required. Will be very happy if Barton knows to let someone else have the pleasure for him. If he did too good a job, we could be looking at a 9 game ban or something, headlines for months.

Guest malandro

If I was Mick McCarthy (perish the thought) I‘d play Karl Henry up front in the return, see how many cheap free kicks in and around the box NUFC concede trying to settle a score.