Are Mike and Del Boy Forgiven Now?

MyPalAl
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do managers show players loyalty when they get promoted? You can to an extent but if you really want to push on you have to improve. Imagine if Keegan had this mentality and kept Peacock & Kelly rather than get in Andy Cole and then Beardsley, or if Keegan stuck with Sellars rather than buy Ginola, etc? Same happens with managers, Hughton's unproven although he done a good job for us. It might have been the case that we wanted to wait until January before negotiating his contract, but then this chance came along.

Like I said, I don't think this is in the thinking at all, but if it is, you can't knock wanting a better manager who they think can take the club even higher.

What if we hadn't stuck with Keegan?

We were challenging the top end of the table within months and it was clear it was going to work out.

Anyway, moot point. There was no plan, they're cunts.

Do managers show players loyalty when they get promoted? You can to an extent but if you really want to push on you have to improve. Imagine if Keegan had this mentality and kept Peacock & Kelly rather than get in Andy Cole and then Beardsley, or if Keegan stuck with Sellars rather than buy Ginola, etc? Same happens with managers, Hughton's unproven although he done a good job for us. It might have been the case that we wanted to wait until January before negotiating his contract, but then this chance came along.

Like I said, I don't think this is in the thinking at all, but if it is, you can't knock wanting a better manager who they think can take the club even higher.

What if we hadn't stuck with Keegan?

Ashley would have bombed him out for not winning the league in the first season.

A manager is a long term commitment, you can get a player on a month long loan - the comparison is laughable.

I meant first time round.  Op. Nut was saying there's nothing wrong with dispensing players after promotion and Keegan did this successfully therefore the same principle should apply to managers.  I was saying that we could've used that logic when Keegan got us promoted but what good would it have done us?  Would we have finished runners up and played in Europe if we'd dispensed with Keegan?  Obviously it wasn't an option as we hit the ground running, but I don't agree with Nut's point.

So did I!

I was agreeing with you btw.

Ah, it makes sense re-reading it now.  :razz:

Obviously it was too much to expect this to be what he was thinking but point stands in general terms. If a better manager becomes available who you think can take the club further than your current one, when the current manager is nearly out of contract, then I'm all for it.

It's been quite good this past year or so. He's been quiet and as a result, so has the 'drama' that usually follows him around.

Everything's ticking along quite nicely atm, we only see him when he flies in on his helicopter, or Sky catches a glimpse of him in the director's seats. Why not just leave it at that? If it ain't broken etc. etc.

Just looked at this thread for the first time in a while and this is the first post I read :(

Assuming Pardew is hired, I think those of us who said that Ashley's actions were, in the main, motivated by sheer spite have been vindicated.

I got mocked once for saying that.

Nobody can be that thick without having other motives.

the "love them to bits" option  :lol:

Hey, this is an equal opportunites forum. No reason disabled people shouldn't get a vote.

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/1412/sealclappingfinslgwht5b.gif

Right, we can safely assume there's no point in hoping Ashley finds a braincell and does anything reasonable like realising he's not got a clue and selling the club, putting his business interests before his mates, investing and showing ambition, letting a football professional deal with the football, so what about the other direction?  How much of an unbelievable moron can he be before it comes full circle and starts to work in our favour again?  Say, if he goes to jail for professional fuckwittery (fiddling accounts, using his position to arrange Pakistan-cricket style betting shenanigans, nothing would surprise me) what happens to the club?  Is there any kind of serious misconduct which would result in him retroactively failing a fit and proper test, or making his position completely untenable, rather than just untenable to any normal person with a modicum of self respect?

Guest GeordieAce

Just defies all logic. Obviously the board have no faith in Hughton to take the club forward and then decide the man to do that is Alan Fucking Pardew. He has done absolutely nothing in his managerial career to suggest he is anything other than a woeful manager.

the "love them to bits" option  :lol:

Hey, this is an equal opportunites forum. No reason disabled people shouldn't get a vote.

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/1412/sealclappingfinslgwht5b.gif

True, but why does Cronky vote count as 15?

Assuming Pardew is hired, I think those of us who said that Ashley's actions were, in the main, motivated by sheer spite have been vindicated.

Nah, I don't think I'll ever believe that no matter what he does. Pretty much everything he has done (especially in the last couple of years) can be explained away by the way he runs his other business. It's worked for him there and he's arrogant or thick enough to believe he can successfully run a football club in the same way.

I'd claim great powers of foresight if it wasn't so fucking predictable:

Ashley must be fuming, it appears he's lost his position as the stingiest and stupidest owner in the league.  :kasper:

Blackpool players were offered a bonus last year if they managed to avoid relegation and stay in the Championship, but because they got promoted and so didn't "stay in the Championship" the club tried to get out of paying the bonus (and risked breaching the players contracts thus allowing them to leave for nowt).  :cheesy:

I doubt Mike will stand for this for long though, I'm sure he'll come up with something soon to get his title back.

Fact is no matter what good Mike Ashley has done this summer he's always likely to hit the self destruct button. If we're safe at the end of the season then maybe he's forgiven.

Nailed it

he is just running the club in a manner that he thinks will give him the best chance of re-couping his money. Anything good that comes of it is entirely coincidental.

Nailed it harder