Transfer Window slams shut; makes huge f*ck off slamming sound

Guest BooBoo

Yep, and in all seriousness, did anyone think 4-6 weeks ago the only positions we'd be worried about today were striker and left back? Carroll is obviously the biggest concern but we've done a fucking good job this window, hopefully get 1 or 2 more in come January too. I'm pretty chuffed with the business we've done.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

My word, David Craig knows nothing. He knows less than we know. How is this guy on the telly?

"Unless there's a last minute change; Newcastle are closed for business for in coming." COVER ALL THE BASES!

Guest GAMMELL

Would be an added bonus to get Paddy Van Aanholt in on loan for the season imo, that would conclude a very very decent summer for us.

My word, David Craig knows nothing. He knows less than we know. How is this guy on the telly?

"Unless there's a last minute change; Newcastle are closed for business for in coming." COVER ALL THE BASES!

The thing is all summer we have said that we arn't interested in anyone, no one knows anything. For all we know Ashley has finally found that £1bn he lost down the sofa and has bought Messi.

There's an awful lot of Aston Villa chat out there. Caretaker-boss Kevin MacDonald is believed told Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner that he wants to be considered for the post on a permanent basis. There's some horror to the links with Alex McLeish and Steve Bruce earlier (see 0805), but better reaction for David Moyes (apart from the Everton fans, clearly). Texters have just added the names of Steve Coppell and Dennis Wise to those boys.

:lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8954459.stm

Goalkeeper

1. Harper

2. Krul

(Forster - emergency)

Right back

3. Perch

4. Simpson

5. R Taylor

Centre back

6. Coloccini

7. Williamson

8. Campbell

9. S Taylor

(Perch)

(Simpson)

Left back

10. Enrique

(Perch)

(R Taylor)

(Simpson)

Wide midfield

11. Routledge

12. Gutierrez

(R Taylor)

(Ben Arfa)

(Gosling)

Central midfield

13. Barton

14. Smith

15. Tiote

16. Gosling

17. Guthrie

(Nolan)

(Ben Arfa)

Second striker

18. Ben Arfa

19. Nolan

20. Lovenkrands

21. Xisco

Centre forward

22. Carroll

23. Ameobi

24. Best

25. Ranger

Probably our 25?

Edit - I realise a few of these don't have to be registered under the new rules, meant more in terms of squad size and cover.

Goalkeeper

1. Harper

2. Krul

(Forster - emergency)

Right back

3. Perch

4. Simpson

5. R Taylor

Centre back

6. Coloccini

7. Williamson

8. Campbell

9. S Taylor

(Perch)

(Simpson)

Left back

10. Enrique

(Perch)

(R Taylor)

(Simpson)

Wide midfield

11. Routledge

12. Gutierrez

(R Taylor)

(Ben Arfa)

(Gosling)

Central midfield

13. Barton

14. Smith

15. Tiote

16. Gosling

17. Guthrie

(Nolan)

(Ben Arfa)

Second striker

18. Ben Arfa

19. Nolan

20. Lovenkrands

21. Xisco

Centre forward

22. Carroll

23. Ameobi

24. Best

25. Ranger

Probably our 25?

Good shout Dave.. looking at that I think we can say nailed on no more in

I was going to say that a few on Dave's list are exempt under the Premiership rules and therefore there is room for a couple more if any more business was going to be done today.....

I think the loan window remains open for a little while longer as well.

I see Hoffenheim have just spent a similar amount to Ben Arfa's rumoured permanent cost on Gylfi Sigurdsson of Reading. He looks a decent prospect but not exactly the same pedigree.

I was going to say that a few on Dave's list are exempt under the Premiership rules and therefore there is room for a couple more if any more business was going to be done today.....

Just because there are spaces doesn't mean we can/want to afford the wages. Looking at it in a list like that I don't think we'll be bringing anyone else in unless we can find some desperate last-minute bids for our shite players.

Just because there are spaces doesn't mean we can/want to afford the wages. Looking at it in a list like that I don't think we'll be bringing anyone else in unless we can find some desperate last-minute bids for our shite players.

If Hughton had that 25 set out in front of him I think he would want to get in another LB and MAYBE a striker