Transfer Window slams shut; makes huge f*ck off slamming sound

Guest BooBoo

Anyone reckon the fans will turn on Wenger if the trophyless run continues?

Wouldn't have thought so like, after all he's done for Arsenal, but you never know with some fans...

EDIT: Basically same question as Otter :lol: but more a case of turning on Wenger specifically, rather than the board/players etc.

The thing with Arsenal is they have a very tidy squad and a generally fantastic manager but whose stubbornness at times actually negates some of the otherwise good work he does.

Dont know if its already been mentioned but i see Spuds are saying that a "technical hitch" stopped them getting the VDV deal done in time and want special dispensation

Redknapp's Cayman Island branch shut on Tuesdays?

This is such a pointless transfer. It also proves that 'Arry is a total bellend and will buy anyone with a name if it is a deal. He admitted he hadn't even thought of the player until Madrid had contacted him. I imagine the situation was Real Madrid getting desperate to get rid of a named player they didnt want and the phone call was as below (they got a cockney from Real Madrid to phone him for the sake of making a deal happen).

RM: Hi is this 'Arry?

HR: Wotcha, this is 'Arry.

RM: 'Arry me old mucka, I've got a fackin belting deal for ya.

HR: I'm all steers and queers my son.

RM: Right, just yesterday, i was daaawn the transfer market speaking to those german cunts at bayern munich offering our lad RVDV at 18 million of the queens finest paaands. When I fought to myself. I daaant want to sell this lad to the fackin jerrys. Next fing i know i cancel the fackin deal.

HR: So whatcha given me a ring for then?

RM: Well 'Arry, when I got back to spain the bosses said they want fackin shot of the lad at any cost. And thats when I thought about you 'Arry.

HR: Hold on a fackin minute, are you calling me a wheeler fackin dealer? Ive made my name as a top fackin manger.....

RM: Calm daaan Arry, im calling to offer you the lad at a reasonable sum of fackin money.

HR: Well i've already got 30 attacking midfielders in my fackin squad so its gonna have to be a right fackin good deal.

RM: 8m of the queens finest Arry and the dutch lad is yours.

HR: Its a fackin wheelin fackin dealin deal my son.

RM: Nice one. Woops its past fackin 6pm.

HR: Daaant worry the prem league owe me a few favours after a few kick backs from player transfers.

RM: Sorted, phone ya in January for some more wheelin my son.

I would say that is about 97% accurate.

The voyeur has backed himself into corner with the Arsenal style but has enough brownie points in trophies, CL qualification & profit on transfers to see off any upset gooners. Miss out on the CL two years on the spin & then he may be up for the bullet or the move upstairs.

Guest Heneage

I'm confused, if Harry wanted VDV why lie about the Munich bid? Either way I don't care if they got him, just the lie seems weird...

From what I saw of the Blackburn game, Arsenal still have a soft centre. Centre back is such an important position and they don't look as strong as Chelsea or Man U in that area. I think that's what will let them down in the end.

I'm confused, if Harry wanted VDV why lie about the Munich bid? Either way I don't care if they got him, just the lie seems weird...

Cos he is a wheeler & deal & wants the world to know "It's a deal, it's a steal, it's the Sale of the fucking Century!"

Then on the other hand both Bayern Munich & Real Madrid will not be happy that Appy fucking Arry is saying he blagged a player a lot cheaper than one was going to buy & the other sell so both will be getting there PR out.

Song couldn't even get in Cameroon's midfield

That's hardly his fault though. I said during the World Cup that it was utterly criminal he was being overlooked.

The African nations at the WC learned the "Don't hire random foreign managers a month before the tournament" lesson at the World Cup. All of these new coaches didn't know their best team for the first match. You only get three. We should have fired the old incompetent ones before the ACN if at all. It's been two months, and I still have no idea what Le Guen was playing at.

As much as Arsenal fans are a bunch of obnoxious wankers, they seem to be quite an easy bunch to please, I get the impression that they're happy they can spout the holier than thou rubbish about their great football and that's enough for them. They're a novelty club.

Portsmouth have accused the Football Association of giving Tottenham preferential treatment on transfer deadline day. Spurs' £8m signing of Rafael van der Vaart from Real Madrid was only ratified a day later, while Portsmouth's move for Stoke City's Liam Lawrence failed after they missed the deadline by a minute. (Full story: Daily Star)

The van der Vaart deal really needs investigating. There's no way that deal was done on time and to use the "computer problems" excuse is hogwash. The deal has made a mockery of the so called deadline.

Didn't it involve Wilson going the other way?

So they've now lost Wilson but not gained Lawrence. Bit harsh like.

kitson was also going the other way with lawrence wasn he? did that move get through and if so how???

off topic..there is NO way that lawrence is Portsmouth standard

No sympathy for these teams who "just miss" the deadline, not enough time to sort out the transfer since the season ended? If you leave it until deadline day it's a gamble and by the nature of a gamble there is risk. If it doesn't happen tough shit.

No sympathy for these teams who "just miss" the deadline, not enough time to sort out the transfer since the season ended? If you leave it until deadline day it's a gamble and by the nature of a gamble there is risk. If it doesn't happen tough s***.

not if you're spurs mind.