Newcastle United 0 - 2 Blackpool - 11/9/10 - post match reaction from page 20

JH

Harper 7, kept us in it on 12 minutes when Williamson was out of position and Harper had to make a double save.

Perch 6, was often playing right wing with Routledge nowhere to be seen.

Jose 6, tried his best but had nothing to aim at when he got forward.

Coloccini 7, probably our best defender but could have been shown a red card.  His tackle was one of those tackles which sometimes get the team going but he was playing with a very poor team today who just didn't react to it.

Williamson 5, didn't have a good game and looked worried that he might be about to lose his place.  If he has more games like that then that's exactly what will happen.

Smith 1, Pile of shite, chased and rarely got anywhere near the ball.  I counted him on the ball 3 times and the ball always went backwards or to the side.  The rest of the time he was chasing shadows.

Barton 5, he played far too many balls straight to the opposition but he did get involved and had nothing around him to lay the ball off to so was always looking for a pass which wasn't really on.

Routledge 5, had a bit of a mare, I don't think he found a team mate today but he kept trying.  He got upset over what looked like a nothing challenge.

Jonas 6, he tried and was all over the place, he did try too much at times but he had nothing to aim at far too often.  Both he and Enrique were struggling to find anybody in space.

Nolan 2, he's an abortion of a footballer and although Smith was worse I think the position Nolan has been given and failed to play made him worse because we had no link between midfield and Carroll.

Carroll 6, I felt sorry for him having to play with Nolan backing him up, or trying to.

Lovenkrands 3, a stupid substitution and one which started us off looking lost.  Bringing him on for Smith was madness as we had to try and change too much for 1 change.

HBA 6, he looked like he had a good turn of pace but Messi would have struggled today, he must replace Nolan.

Shola 4, why?  :lol: I wouldn't even have him on the bench as he offers nothing and when we had 3 forwards on they were within a few feet of each other and we had holes all over the pitch.  Playing 3 forwards resulted in us letting the 2nd goal in as we were like a group of kids having a game of kick and rush on a school field.

Hughton 0, I can't think of anything which he did right today and he needs to do something different for our next day as we've just handed Blackpool a massive 3 points.

Bafra has to start. It's a titanic waste having him on the bench.

Guest malandro

We made the mistake of giving Blackpool too much respect imo. Last season, the big guns of the Championship were turning up at SJP and we treated them like we were playing the under-11s.

We had no swagger today, which is bizarre after our last result here.

Agreed, the difference today from our first 3 games was that we rarely hassled an opposition player when he had the ball.

But is that about respect or attitude? It not likely we’d show Blackpool more respect than MU.

Poor performance. Ridiculous missed chances cost us. Barton and Nolan's in particular, f*** me, you've got to be putting those away.

Harper      - 7 - Did fairly well, good save in the first half.

Perch        - 5 - Caught out of position a few times, absolutely useless going forward.

Coloccini   - 5 - Did okay, very little he could do about both goals. Him and Williamson were split a few times and caught out. Lucky not to be sent off for a stupid tackle

Williamson - 4 - Poor. Gave away needless fouls. Someone needs to tell the lad to stop just whacking the ball forward. Whenever he is in possession he just launches it up to Carroll instead of building from the back.

Enrique     - 5 - Dissapointing today. Got forward but to no real avail. Gave away possession too cheaply.

Routledge - 6 - Fairly decent, especially considering he gets no support from Perch. Crainey did nothing but kick him, referee offered him no protection. Still needs to create more.

Smith        - 1 - f***ing useless in every aspect.

Barton      - 5 - Poor. Worked hard, sprayed a few passes about. Missed an absolutely criminal chance, absolutely criminal.

Jonas        - 5 - Lack of end product. Pretty much the same as every other week.

Nolan        - 3 - Missed two good chances. The first of which, if your playing up front, you must be scoring. It was a simply finish and he fluffed it, an absolute sitter. Ineffective.

Carroll       - 5 - Another one that missed a great chance. Won his fair share of headers but still should have scored.

Lovenkrands - A few decent runs, maybe could have done better with a few chances.

Ameobi         - Lumbered about for the last 10 or so minutes

Ben Arfa       - Looked bright. Few decent runs and passes, though at times he had the ball and our players simply weren't making the runs.

Hughton - It's easy to criticize for playing Nolan and Smith but I'd have kept the same team considering we were in decent form. Too slow to change it for me, Ben Arfa looked bright, should have put him on instead of Lovenkrands on 65min. He's got no excuses for playing Nolan and Smith now, the test is to see how we bounce back from this.

It's a shame because thats a lot of our hard work undone. If we do go down we'll look back on this game and question how we didnt win it. Disgraceful amount of missed chances, two fo which were outrageous. However for me, we still lack someone other than Carroll to score goals

I don't know where you sit or how good your eyes are but Perch was often bombing down the right and getting crosses in while I struggled to see where Routledge was. 

Honestly, I think you're confusing the two.

Guest neesy111

But is that about respect or attitude? It not likely we’d show Blackpool more respect than MU.

I'm not sure if it was respect or attitude, something was different and wrong.

Nervous being favourites for the first time this season perhaps?

Manager is paid so that his team are in right frame of mind etc to win the match.  Can't use that as an excuse IMO.

Guest malandro

But is that about respect or attitude? It not likely wed show Blackpool more respect than MU.

Perhaps it was knowing there were two players on the bench looking to take your place in the first team?

Nervous being favourites for the first time this season perhaps?

Manager is paid so that his team are in right frame of mind etc to win the match.  Can't use that as an excuse IMO.

I'm not using it as an excuse.

We played 4-4-2 today.

i don't think nolan is a striker, cos there wasn't 2 strikers in the starting 11

Well, he spent most of todays game further up the field than Carroll.

This is typical Newcastle. Most of us believe we are going to win with 3 or more goals, then we end up playing bad and loosing. We aint better atm, we need to show class more than one game to stay in the premiership. Alan Smith had a really bad game, and it shows that he hasnt played to long as a def. midfielder, because u dont make a tackle like that in ure own penalty box. I really hope our new signing Tiote can do more than just tackle.  I also think Barton is getting threated bad by other teams, and the referees doesnt protect him like they should.

I dont understand C.H substitutions today. Nolan isnt a Central midfielder, and Lovenkrans is to lightweight for my like. Especially when we had Ben Arfa on the bench. And why is Shola getting games? he is one of the worst players in the game.

Very bad game imo, by everyone..  :kasper: :kasper: :kasper: :thdn: :angry: :doh: :no: :harry: :kinnear: :dowie: :facepalm: