Newcastle United 0 - 2 Blackpool - 11/9/10 - post match reaction from page 20

JH

Just got back......they closed the A1 at lemming bar, so had to go home via Middlesbrough. I thought Blackpool got their tactics absolutely spot on. They knew our main threat was down our left so they banked up defensively on Jose and Jonas. They also knew our weakness was on the right which is where their main threats in the first half came. See how many cross field balls they played towards Perch! They probably also played on the fact that the Toon always disappoint when everyone expects of them, by keeping the ball and creating all the early chances. They managed to keep the crowd quiet and prevented early hysteria. To add to this too many of the team failed to turn up first half, possibly expecting Blackpool to lay down and die. Perch is definitely not good enough. Living in Nottingham, the locals were pleased to see him go as they never thought he was consistent enough to make the championship, let alone the premier. Why don't managers change at half time if it's not working.it took Nolan's intervention before subs appeared (Has Nolan become coach as well as player). Fresh blood, and someone with some passion was needed......bring on Stroller!!! Their keeper didn't have a blinder......see how many of those 14 shots went straight at him. I thought Barton was by far our best player, even though he misplaced many a pass.....at least he showed some passion. On reflection this was possibly the worst game to follow VILLA, as everyone was expecting!!! if we were playing Spurs or Everton, i' m sure we would have been up for it more. Next few weeks will show what Hughton is made of.

My EYES.  Please try to use a good format next time, makes it easier to read.

:lol: Oh the fucking irony.

Guest malandro

I cannot believe that he brought on Lovenkrands ahead of Ben Arfa. Is he an imbecile or what?

Picking his favourites tbh.

Or showing some loyalty to the players who served him well last season? Giving them an opportunity to rise to the challenge rather than dumping them without a chance?

I’ve got my doubts about CH but I’m sure he knows HAB is a better player than Lovenkrands, and that today’s decision to bring PK on first was just good man management. The Nolan issue on the other hand appears to be something different altogether.

Good manager's are ruthless, and been pointed out Keegan did the same by selling our Top Goalscorer when we last got promoted.  It's a professional game and no manager should be showing any loyalty.

Sold him being the key difference. LK is still here, still taking part in training, still mates with various squad members, still likely to be needed if we have even a small injury crisis. Showing him a little respect isn’t a bad thing.

And CH isn’t KK. They’re chalk and cheese. Keegan was a charismatic motivator with a slightly gung-ho approach. Hughton is a reserved organiser with a very cautious style of management. It’s only natural CH sticks with what he does best, if he tries to be something he’s not the players will soon become confused.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Just got back......they closed the A1 at lemming bar, so had to go home via Middlesbrough. I thought Blackpool got their tactics absolutely spot on. They knew our main threat was down our left so they banked up defensively on Jose and Jonas. They also knew our weakness was on the right which is where their main threats in the first half came. See how many cross field balls they played towards Perch! They probably also played on the fact that the Toon always disappoint when everyone expects of them, by keeping the ball and creating all the early chances. They managed to keep the crowd quiet and prevented early hysteria. To add to this too many of the team failed to turn up first half, possibly expecting Blackpool to lay down and die. Perch is definitely not good enough. Living in Nottingham, the locals were pleased to see him go as they never thought he was consistent enough to make the championship, let alone the premier. Why don't managers change at half time if it's not working.it took Nolan's intervention before subs appeared (Has Nolan become coach as well as player). Fresh blood, and someone with some passion was needed......bring on Stroller!!! Their keeper didn't have a blinder......see how many of those 14 shots went straight at him. I thought Barton was by far our best player, even though he misplaced many a pass.....at least he showed some passion. On reflection this was possibly the worst game to follow VILLA, as everyone was expecting!!! if we were playing Spurs or Everton, i' m sure we would have been up for it more. Next few weeks will show what Hughton is made of.

:mackems:

I'd love to see Neesy reading a book.

"What the fuck is this paragraph?! Its like 6 sentences long. Oh my god, FORMAT IT MAN! 2 Sentences per paragraph, please. For fuck sake."

Guest neesy111

I cannot believe that he brought on Lovenkrands ahead of Ben Arfa. Is he an imbecile or what?

Or showing some loyalty to the players who served him well last season? Giving them an opportunity to rise to the challenge rather than dumping them without a chance?

I’ve got my doubts about CH but I’m sure he knows HAB is a better player than Lovenkrands, and that today’s decision to bring PK on first was just good man management. The Nolan issue on the other hand appears to be something different altogether.

Good manager's are ruthless, and been pointed out Keegan did the same by selling our Top Goalscorer when we last got promoted.  It's a professional game and no manager should be showing any loyalty.

Sold him being the key difference. LK is still here, still taking part in training, still mates with various squad members, still likely to be needed if we have even a small injury crisis. Showing him a little respect isn’t a bad thing.

And CH isn’t KK. They’re chalk and cheese. Keegan was a charismatic motivator with a slightly gung-ho approach. Hughton is a reserved organiser with a very cautious style of management. It’s only natural CH sticks with what he does best, if he tries to be something he’s not the players will soon become confused.

You look at any team that's stayed in the premiership for a good period, they vastly changed their teams when they went up.

true but not in a way that would have affected the result.

Did Carroll not get taken out in the box?  It looked more of a penalty then the one they were given from where I was sitting.

where was that ?...mcloven had a decent shout for a drag back when going for a header but it's not like the ref was crap all the way through and in the end we got what we deserved really.

There was a jumper at Durham station too apparently.

Guest neesy111

:mackems:

I'd love to see Neesy reading a book.

"What the fuck is this paragraph?! Its like 6 sentences long. Oh my god, FORMAT IT MAN! 2 Sentences per paragraph, please. For fuck sake."

:lol:

and a sweatshirt at chester le street.

You look at any team that's stayed in the premiership for a good period, they vastly changed their teams when they went up.

birmingham and wolves didn't and thats just the recent ones who stopped up.

That joke is already in General Chat where said jumper has been discussed.

Guest neesy111

Sorry

I'm typing this on an iPad.

I don't often write.......perhaps it'll be a few more years before I'll respond again, when I learn how to format a response.

Fair enough if it's on a shitty iPad  :rolleyes:

That joke is already in General Chat where said jumper has been discussed.

was it a 3 star ?

Some people need to get a grip. We weren't great today but by the same token we could easily have won. It was a performance far better than than those that took us down. We now have a testing time; we will play worse and win. Fortune smiled on Bpool good luck to them; I didn't think they'd win 2 away games all season.

wtf Smith was thinking for the penalty I simply do not know.

Guest neesy111

birmingham and wolves didn't and thats just the recent ones who stopped up.

Erm, i said good period, not just one season.

I.e. Sunderland, Stoke, Wigan are a few that spring to mind.

Some people need to get a grip. We weren't great today but by the same token we could easily have won. It was a performance far better than than those that took us down. We now have a testing time; we will play worse and win. Fortune smiled on Bpool good luck to them; I didn't think they'd win 2 away games all season.

wtf Smith was thinking for the penalty I simply do not know.

for the penalty ??????

what about the other 89mins 59secs ?

Sorry

I'm typing this on an iPad.

I don't often write.......perhaps it'll be a few more years before I'll respond again, when I learn how to format a response.

You're doing well and have already posted more today than your monthly average since joining.

for the penalty ??????

He didn't play the full game, he wasn't even on the pitch at the end and probably had a better last 20 minutes than he'd had during the rest of the match.

for the penalty ??????

He didn't play the full game, he wasn't even on the pitch at the end and probably had a better last 20 minutes than he'd had during the rest of the match.

:razz:...you got my point though.

I can understand the overreactions. This is essentially our worst result in almost two decades. Too many of those players have no place in a PL squad let alone a starting Xl. Hughton will have to learn and find his bollocks fast.

Hell's horses. You're like a walking rent-a-bollocks-quote...