Newcastle United 0 - 2 Blackpool - 11/9/10 - post match reaction from page 20

JH

I bloody hate playing against promoted teams early on the season..... they always seem to be playing above themselves. Twats.

I thought we are a promoted team as well? the least we can do was draw this game.

He was being ironic. I hope.

Why is it that shit-house visiting goal keepers keep coming to St James' and having matches of their lives.  It seems a definite trend that 3rd rate goalies keep coming to our ground and playing out of their skins... what the fark is going on?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I wonder this also.

Crossley,Gilks,Jukes ,Bywater....there's bound to be more.

Ben Arfa should have been on the pitch much more earlier. On the other hand, the Blackpool GK had the game of his life but thats not an excuse for us not to score. We have loads of chances we shld have convert at least one.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Ref was shite, but wouldn't have changed the score. If anything, the ref being shit seemed to allow Coloccini to remain on the pitch. His tackle looked horrible from where I was sitting - was it as bad as I think it was? I thought it was an instant red.

Blackpool had the better tactics, knew to pin our fullbacks back and every attack saw them hit really good diagonal balls between the FB and CBs. If not, then they'd switch play and use the width really well. They were never going to score that way, but it kept our defence busy and unsettled and ultimately led to the pen.

We could have played another 90mins but I doubt we'd have scored, their keeper was in fantastic form.

This definitely calls for 3 changes for the next game.

Smith <> Tiote

Williamson <> Campbell

Jonas <> Ben Arfa

Williamson was pretty good.

Aye, nowt wrong with Williamson today.

Just got back, Nolan, Smith and Jonas are so fucking terrible, they keep loosing the fucking ball in midfield so FUCKING MUCH. Can we please start Tiote and Ben Arfa next week instead of Jonas and Smith?

oh and their goalie had the game of his life, so unlucky for us not to grab a goal.

We were shit made them look way better than they were, cannot blame one player today for how poor we played. I think they thought it was going to be easy and did not put enough in from the off.

Had our chances mind they cleared off the line their keeper saved them a few times too.

All the Smith, Nolan threads are at it again when really Barton was just as shit as any of them.

hughton waited way to long to make the changes, then had to go all out and make daft changes instead of acting sooner and keeping some kind of shape.

Lets not fall apart, we lost a home game to a shit side wahooo, its the massive opposite reaction to beating Villa 6-0.. neither of the two games will shape our season.

We were shit made them look way better than they were, cannot blame one player today for how poor we played. I think they thought it was going to be easy and did not put enough in from the off.

Had our chances mind they cleared off the line their keeper saved them a few times too.

All the Smith, Nolan threads are at it again when really Barton was just as shit as any of them.

hughton waited way to long to make the changes, then had to go all out and make daft changes instead of acting sooner and keeping some kind of shape.

Lets not fall apart, we lost a home game to a shit side wahooo, its the massive opposite reaction to beating Villa 6-0.. neither of the two games will shape our season.

I thought Barton was woeful. A real return to form - he can do it every once in a while when he's got a bee in his bonnet and is centre of attention but week in, week out, just plain not good enough. He didn't look any better last year against similar standard opposition - Guthrie, on the other hand, pissed it. For me, he's a much better player than Barton.

Barton's set pieces are fucking terrible, so easy to defend.

My opinion is based on the result and limited commentry of the match but here goes:

We're back to square one, the good work of the previous results has been undone and it remains to be seen the state of our confidence. We simply have to beat teams like Blackpool on our own patch in a league where every point counts.

Smith has to go, by all accounts it sound like a a needless penalty to give away. He's a limited footballer and this is level is far beyond him. Tiote has had a week to settle and simply has to play at Goodison.

Hughton reacted far too late. At the latest changes should of been made at the hour make when it was evident things weren't working. This will be a week where he earns his money and the so called team spirit will be tested, if we get battered by Everton I'll start to worry but a fighting display, even if it ends in deafeat, shows we have a bit of metal and this result may not have done as much damage as it first appears.

We were s*** made them look way better than they were, cannot blame one player today for how poor we played. I think they thought it was going to be easy and did not put enough in from the off.

All the Smith, Nolan threads are at it again when really Barton was just as s*** as any of them.

Lets not fall apart, we lost a home game to a s*** side wahooo, its the massive opposite reaction to beating Villa 6-0.. neither of the two games will shape our season.

I thought Barton was woeful. A real return to form - he can do it every once in a while when he's got a bee in his bonnet and is centre of attention but week in, week out, just plain not good enough. He didn't look any better last year against similar standard opposition - Guthrie, on the other hand, pissed it. For me, he's a much better player than Barton.

Barton's set pieces are f***ing terrible, so easy to defend.

Guthrie is nowhere near the standard of Barton.

We were s*** made them look way better than they were, cannot blame one player today for how poor we played. I think they thought it was going to be easy and did not put enough in from the off.

All the Smith, Nolan threads are at it again when really Barton was just as s*** as any of them.

Lets not fall apart, we lost a home game to a s*** side wahooo, its the massive opposite reaction to beating Villa 6-0.. neither of the two games will shape our season.

I forgot about Guthrie. Sooner he gets back the better.

Exactly. He's miles ahead of it.

Based on what? Nothing I've ever seen in a black and white shirt, that's for sure.

Never has a player lived off reputation so much, even more than Smith and Nolan. "Best midfielder" my arse, he never hides to be fair to him but 9 times out of 10 he offers nothing.