Newcastle United 0 - 2 Blackpool - 11/9/10 - post match reaction from page 20

JH

The width was our friend last season, i think that's a mistake. To play narrow you need talented passers in tight spaces and nippy forwards with good movement. We've got quick wingers and basically one striker of note who is slow and great in the air. Really shot ourselves in the foot there imo, it's the exact opposite of how we should be approaching the game.

Unlucky?! He runs up and boots the bloke in the shin? Pity Williamson was covering or the ref could have done us one favour and sent the wanker off.

I've played it over a few times now. Believe me, his first contact is with the ball.

Trouble was the only contact with the ball was a little flick with the end of his boot, whereas the follow through on to the player's shin was very obvious and only a split second afterwards.

You can't say it was a bad decision, and you could say it was a reckless challenge. But he did touch the ball first.

Unlucky?! He runs up and boots the bloke in the shin? Pity Williamson was covering or the ref could have done us one favour and sent the w***** off.

I've played it over a few times now. Believe me, his first contact is with the ball.

Trouble was the only contact with the ball was a little flick with the end of his boot, whereas the follow through on to the player's shin was very obvious and only a split second afterwards.

You can't say it was a bad decision, and you could say it was a reckless challenge. But he did touch the ball first.

Didn't see any kind of contact with the ball. It's not even a tackle. He flat out kicked the guy for absolutely no sensible reason. He's a loon.

Some of the comments on here are just hilarious. We didn't play that badly as a team. On another day we would have put two of those chances away and we would have won the game. Their first goal was a moment of madness from Smith and their second was a result of us pushing players forward to get the equaliser.

I'm gutted we lost absolutely gutted we lost our unbeaten home record but it's just not as bad as some people are making out.

Some of the comments on here are just hilarious. We didn't play that badly as a team. On another day we would have put two of those chances away and we would have won the game. Their first goal was a moment of madness from Smith and their second was a result of us pushing players forward to get the equaliser.

I'm gutted we lost absolutely gutted we lost our unbeaten home record but it's just not as bad as some people are making out.

If we had scored two we wouldn't have won, we'd have drawn.  Also giving 3 points to one of our rivals at the bottom is just about as bad as it gets over 90 minutes at home.

The result was woeful, and overall I thought the performance was poor. I wasn't too pissed off at half time but it couldn't be denied that whilst we had most of the ball they had by far the better chances to score. We didn't play as bad as the result suggests granted, but it was pretty bad. We played too much long ball and not enough football.

I guess it's a bit obvious to say so but Ben Arfa transformed us in terms of attacking threat IMO. He looked really dangerous and they were scared of him. Should have been on earlier.

If we had scored two we wouldn't have won, we'd have drawn.  Also giving 3 points to one of our rivals at the bottom is just about as bad as it gets over 90 minutes at home.

If we'd scored earlier we wouldn't have conceded the second in that fashion so I think we probably would have won. It really really isn't as bad as it get's either. Losing while not creating any chances and get several bad injuries to key players would have been as bad as it gets.

Our team creating 4 or so clear cut scoring chances and their keeper having a blinder of a game is something else all together.

The result was woeful, and overall I thought the performance was poor. I wasn't too pissed off at half time but it couldn't be denied that whilst we had most of the ball they had by far the better chances to score. We didn't play as bad as the result suggests granted, but it was pretty bad. We played too much long ball and not enough football.

I guess it's a bit obvious to say so but Ben Arfa transformed us in terms of attacking threat IMO. He looked really dangerous and they were scared of him. Should have been on earlier.

Agree the result was crap but they had two proper chances I can think of. The Harper save and Campbell goal. We didn't play amazingly, there were a lot of mistakes most noticeably for me from Jonas, Perch and Barton but we still managed to make some decent scoring chances.

Completely agree with you on Ben Arfa he looked class when he came on.

If we'd scored earlier we wouldn't have conceded the second in that fashion so I think we probably would have won. It really really isn't as bad as it get's either. Losing while not creating any chances and get several bad injuries to key players would have been as bad as it gets.

Our team creating 4 or so clear cut scoring chances and their keeper having a blinder of a game is something else all together.

Did the Blackpool keeper have to dive to save anything or did the shots hit him?  I'll give you the point about injuries unless the injuries were to Nolan or Smith.

Did the Blackpool keeper have to dive to save anything or did the shots hit him?  I'll give you the point about injuries unless the injuries were to Nolan or Smith.

Howay man you have to admit the saves he pulled off for Barton's chance and Carroll's second chance were both awesome.

I've not seen any of the game yet, but hopefully this was just one of them days, Blackpool arn't going to go the rest of the season without winning, atleast I doubt it and anytime they do get points will be sort of a shock result. No need for the panick button, but we do need to learn from this game. HGopefully we can get a pojnt out of the Everton game and then we have to win against Stoke, if we get 3/4 points out of our next 2 Premiership games then we should be back on track again.

Howay man you have to admit the saves he pulled off for Barton's chance and Carroll's second chance were both awesome.

I thought that Harpers double save on 12 minutes was the best save of the game.

Carroll and Barton both had enough time and space to place the ball in an area where the keeper wouldn't have had a chance to save them. Poor finishes - Barton's more so.

Carroll and Barton both had enough time and space to place the ball in an area where the keeper wouldn't have had a chance to save them. Poor finishes - Barton's more so.

I agree. Barton should have used his left foot... some hope, he's only a professional footballer.

Fair enough but my point is on another day they would have put away those chances.

We were complacent today, no urgency at all in the first half we just strolled about casual as anything. Unfortunately they got the pen and then just sat back and absorbed the pressure from then on and we didn't have the creativity to open them up. We missed 2 glorious chances and a couple of other good half chances but we really need to be making more at home aginst teams like this.

All the movement and nice passing we've seen so far was non-existent, instead we just hoofed it up to Andy when we couldn't find another way through. I especially felt really sorry for Barton and Jonas, Barton constantly looked for the ball but when he got it, who was there? There was no movement so it's no wonder he played some wayward passes. It was the same for Jonas, he'd go past a few players look up to see 4 Tangerine shirts in front of him with no NUFC player within 10 metres, it was embarassing at times and he was wrongfully taken off.