Newcastle United 0 - 2 Blackpool - 11/9/10 - post match reaction from page 20

JH

Nolan is never going to be dropped. He wasn't even subbed yesterday.

While he is fit he will play. He even choses when we make subs, so he's the first name on the team sheet.

There was just something in the air yesterday that told me we weren't going to score no matter how hard we tried. So from that point of view, I'm not too disheartened.

Exactly. pretty much ten minutes after half time, it was obvious this was going to be one of those days.

Guest neesy111

There was just something in the air yesterday that told me we weren't going to score no matter how hard we tried. So from that point of view, I'm not too disheartened.

Exactly. pretty much ten minutes after half time, it was obvious this was going to be one of those days.

Good effective use of subs can change that quickly though.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Chris didn't make good effective subs yesterday though

Guest neesy111

Chris didn't make good effective subs yesterday though

That's is what I'm saying, saying it's just one of those days doesn't buy it for me.  We didn't try to change the game into our favour effectively, so you can't use that as an excuse.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Houghton should have taken Nolan off for BA like, and Smith was pants. I hope he's not going to be worried about upsetting them by making changes next week? What's the point in having new additions if you're not gonna use them.

If we drop Smith and Jonas Nolan and bring in Tiote and Ben Arfa, I'm sure we can get a good result against Everton. Don't know if we should start Campbell though.

You know as well as I know that Nolan won't be dropped.

And if it's not Nolan it should be Jonas because Barton and Routledge are two of our best players.

Was working yesterday so after taking extreme precautions not to hear our result I stayed up the whole night til the 09:00 replay of the match. Haven´t felt this shit in ages  :lol:

No idea what Smith was thinking as we had like 13 defenders guarding the guy and then he comes flying in and kicks him in the shin when there is absolutely no danger at all. Still think we would have won this 9 times out of 10, bad misses from Nolan, Barton and Carroll in their 1on1 situations not to mention our header off the post and the clearance off the line, crazy that we didn´t get at least one goal in.

It´s getting comical how bad Jonas is at passing, shooting and crossing.

Yeah, his clinical reverse pass at Wolves to play in Routledge was just so bad.  He aint perfect, but it is a gross simplification to claim he can't pass at all

Worst performance since Liverpool/Portsmouth 2007/2008 at home IMO

The performance against Liverpool was shocking though, we literally looked clueless. Remember Geremi looking puzzled as to whether we were setting up 4-5-1 or 3-5-2. This performance was far better as we had the lion share of the chances. The two don't compare.

EDIT: In fact, if I'm thinking of the right game, we had no shots on target all game, apart from Viduka netting two when he'd drifted about three yards offside like a Sunday morning player. The team performance was shit and we were dominated from start to finish. Totally different.

I see this as one of those irritating results you get on FM, you have more shots and possession and ultimately lose to a crap team. It's immensely frustrating but it simply happens from time to time.

Worst performance since Liverpool/Portsmouth 2007/2008 at home IMO

The performance against Liverpool was shocking though, we literally looked clueless. Remember Geremi looking puzzled as to whether we were setting up 4-5-1 or 3-5-2. This performance was far better as we had the lion share of the chances. The two don't compare.

I see this as one of those irritating results you get on FM, you have more shots and possession and ultimately lose to a crap team. It's immensely frustrating but it simply happens from time to time.

Yep. A combination of things- us not helping our selves at the best of times- but it was just one of those days where the ball just wont go in. Most frustrating thing in the world, though.

Its early doors yet, but we've only made the other games against Wigan, WBA, mackems, West Ham etc much more important.

As far as I'm concerned, I was sure Villa would beat us and that we'd beat Blackpool. In terms of our points total (yes, I am aware that Blackpool having three points off us is worse than Villa having them) it changes little in my eyes.

I'm not saying it was wrose than those games, i'm simply saying it was the worst since. Yes it was frustrating and we did miss chances etc, but the way we were set up to play was shokcing. Barton and Smith, nowhere to be seen. Carroll again having to chase his own flick ons, Enrique was lack lusture, Perch can f**k off. The team really didn't get into gear today and when BA came on straight away he actually brought others into the game.

Yes it was frustrating, but nontheless a very poor performance individually and as a team