Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

He's by no means irreplaceable, but he's a personality and has 'led the revolution' on the pitch in a way since the relegation.

Sad to see him go. Especially to West Spam.

The fact he was so integral on bringing a relegated team together is perhaps one of the reasons why that fat cunt wants him down there. West Spam are a complete shambles at the mo.

The good thing is I suppose he won't be lining up against us next year!

Will be quite worrying to lose him.

Never have rated him that much, and I think the chances of him repeating last season's goalscoring form were almost nil, but he's proven a very useful player to have on and off the pitch. Would have wanted us to keep him in the squad at least another year and try to phase him out of the first team gradually, looks like we're just cutting him loose completely.

Worried.

This will be disasterous.

Clearly a massive figurehead in the dressing room. He’s fairly limited as a player but by no means not good enough. He scored 12 goals last season, played a massive part.

If he goes it’s yet mroe evidence (like we needed anymore) of Ashley not having a fucking clue how to run a football club.

All about Nolan's greed again I see. :rolleyes:

Nothing to do with the club accepting an offer for yet another key player and by doing so making it clear he's not wanted.

Nolan's greed, Carroll's greed, Enrique's greed, Keegan's greed. In January it will be Ben Arfa or Tiote's greed no doubt.

I can't believe he's actually leaving. He's the club captain ffs.

If I had time, I'd do a search for the amount of people who have posted on the match day threads saying how shit Nolan is, and then cross-reference those posts with the posts in here saying that we couldn't possibly let him go.

Do people want us to keep him and keep him in the dressing room??

As much as I like him, he has already been replaced by (from all accounts) a much better player. If we can get the fee to near what we paid for Cabaye it's not bad business.

It's fucking shit business. Our squad has been too small for the last 6 years or so.

We should finally get new players in instead of only 'one-in-on-out'.

Nothing to do with the club accepting an offer for yet another key player and by doing so making it clear he's not wanted.

Nolan's greed, Carroll's greed, Enrique's greed, Keegan's greed. In January it will be Ben Arfa or Tiote's greed no doubt.

All about ambition of course. Leave Newcastle for West Ham. :lol:

:dowiespin:

How does selling the Premier League's top scoring midfielder show ambition?

Keep your best players, get rid of your poor ones. If Cabaye, who is obviously a cast iron certainty to be better in this league, is out, who replaces him? Ryan Taylor again then? Real strength in depth.

I can't believe he's actually leaving. He's the club captain ffs.

This is not good news if he leaves. He has been a key player for us for th last 2 seasons and to lose him this way is shocking. I am going to be pissed if they dont sell shola as well.......

Never have rated him that much, and I think the chances of him repeating last season's goalscoring form were almost nil, but he's proven a very useful player to have on and off the pitch. Would have wanted us to keep him in the squad at least another year and try to phase him out of the first team gradually, looks like we're just cutting him loose completely.

Worried.

This!

Keep your best players, get rid of your poor ones. If Cabaye, who is obviously a cast iron certainty to be better in this league, is out, who replaces him? Ryan Taylor again then? Real strength in depth.

And what about the player's ambition? Seems more concerned about the security of a long-term deal at West Ham in the Championship than captaining our side in the Premier League.

Nolan always said he would not hang around if he was not wanted.  If the club has opened talks with West Ham then it is an indication that he is not wanted.  I do not think he is a player motivated by money.  I think Allardyce is probably the main factor and at least he will know that the manager wants him.

I think this is a big mistake by the club.  They better hope that all the foreign players we are buying settle in quickly otherwise we will be up the creek.  Experience and leadership is needed but I guess the hierarcchy are nervous of players having an opinion.

Nope, Yup, Debatable, Nope. Simple really.

This.

Can't believe we're making the same mistakes year by year.

Look at 2007 - we sold Parker who was one of our best players and captain and got Barton.

Many said this would be good deal, but it would have been much better to have had both around.

Worried.

Basically how I feel, sad to see him go. Don't rate him highly as a player but we should be building on last season's squad not dismantling it.

Unless we have a number of excellent signings in the pipeline this could turn out to be a worrying summer.