Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Massive gamble that imo.

We of course have players like Gosling, Cabaye and certainly Ben Arfa who - in theory- are all better players than Nolan.

On the other hand, Gosling hasn't played a full game of football for how long? More than 1 year surely.

Cabaye will need time to adapt to the PL and with Ben Arfa you never know after his injuries and setbacks.

Nolan would have been proven and a safe option for next season. Big gamble that we let him leave.

Nice Sig Ember

Now I have got over the initial shock that we may be selling Nolan, We don;t know what plans are in the pipeline, hell, we don't even know what Wham have bid do we? maybe he is a counterweight in another deal (Hopefully not Ba).

I would think that is highly likely. They're not happy about him going for free, there must be some compromise including the two clubs.

I was one of his biggest critics this season due to his inability to keep up with the pace but you can't deny he has been one of the most important players in our resurgence since we were relegated.

I think I'm gonna miss him, west ham are getting a top class player and person in nolan

Amazing the over-reaction yet again like.

The number of systems, first XIs, etc. I've seen on here for next season, can't recall many including Nolan's name.

We've got 10 weeks to sign another central-midfielder to replace him. Panic....

He's the club captain and the only player with leadership abilities. Great move, like replacing an ageing Gary Speed with Nicky Butt.

Or an ageing Kevin Nolan with Yohan Cabaye/Hatem Ben Arfa?

Nah.

The number of systems, first XIs, etc. I've seen on here for next season, can't recall many including Nolan's name.

10 weeks to sign another captain and leader you mean?

This club is pretty f***ed if we rely on one bloke this much.

It's not about that though. I didn't think I'd be that bothered (as previous posts have shown), but now reality is hitting home now. It's not about replacing him, of course he can be replaced. Easily in-fact.

These tweets sum it up for me:

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

Nolan's departure a sad day for #NUFC - will go down as one of most important captains in their history & that's no exaggeration. Top bloke.

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

Without Nolan, Harps, Joey, Smith & Hughton,club wouldn't be in position they are now. Shouldn't be forgotten. Nolan gutted by contract row.

How far do you think we could go with them? Barton's the only one at a push I could see in a top 6-8 side which is where we're aspiring to be.

The club were always going to come out of this situation looking the bad guys and I've no doubt they could've done more but Nolan has just asked for a 5 year extension to his deal :lol:

And? He still had two years to go on his current deal. There was no need to do anything until next Summer at least.

10 weeks to sign another captain and leader you mean?

This club is pretty fucked if we rely on one bloke this much.

Who else can you call a true leader on the pitch? How are we going to buy leadership and integrate it into the squad within 10 weeks? Terrible move from us if you ask me. You need people like Nolan at a football club, always have done and always will.

tbh i dont mind selling if the price is right and it means we spend on someone better....can only hope!

think is madness to sell under 3 mill. money has to be spend on a new attacking player!

We have money.

but there are much better players out there, than nolan. he only works as a amc imo and except from getting goals (important i know) he offers little.

can easily be replaced...but i still think we should keep him if the offer is under 3 mill. good sub!

Total misunderstanding of how football works from people on here like. It's a team game, not a computer game where you can sign a load of foreigners, throw them on the field and expect it to just work.

How far do you think we could go with them? Barton's the only one at a push I could see in a top 6 side.

At the risk of repeating myself, it's not about that.

Just because you bring in a better player, doesn't mean there is a need to get rid of Nolan. Especially with two years of his contract still to go. It just doesn't make sense.

The club were always going to come out of this situation looking the bad guys and I've no doubt they could've done more but Nolan has just asked for a 5 year extension to his deal :lol:

And? He still had two years to go on his current deal. There was no need to do anything until next Summer at least.

That's debatable, surely, either Nolan was asking for an extension now or the club would be reluctant to let his contract run down and reduce his value further.

This time next year he might be completely useless as a footballer as well, not impossible given his condition now.

Pretty gay this like.

Certainly not going to have much depth next season.

So far two midfielders in, one out. :lol:

Not forgetting Ben Arfa and Gosling who didn't play last season.

The point is, Nolan would have been fantastic cover next season.

It may be the case that we begin next season with a strong starting XI, but it's going to be difficult to have a strong bench if we sell the likes of Nolan.

Not too arsed about this one to be honest.

Pardew had made it clear he wants more pace and creativity in the team and I think we'd all agree with that. Nolan doesn't really provide either and if he doesn't fit into the system we'll be playing next year he'll be a very expensive bench warmer.

Admittedly it is a risk given the number of goals he scored but let's see what we do in the next couple of months before we all go into meltdown.

Total misunderstanding of how football works from people on here like. It's a team game, not a computer game where you can sign a load of foreigners, throw them on the field and expect it to just work.

I think the vast majority of people recognise Nolan's importance off the field.

I agree completely, although I'd be very surprised if Nolan's agent wasn't sounding out alternative deals elsewhere once talks broke down. We can't put a gun to a players head and force them out, just look at Smith.

His dressing room influence cannot be underestimated.

If Barton and Nolan go, we’ll be in trouble like. Especially if we’re insist on replacing them with cunts like Ben Arfa and Zog like.

Harsh on Ben Arfa and N'Zogbia. Agree with it, though.

Pretty bad sale given that Nolan was effectively a combination of Abraham Lincoln, Mahatma Ghandi, Winston Churchill, Julius Cesar, Mother Teresa, Nelson Mandella, Napoleon, Salah ad Din, Joan of Arc, Ghenghis Khan, Albert Einstein, and Jabba the Hut in the dressing room. He was like the female pre-cog in Minority Report. Without him the other two pre-cogs (Smith and Barton) are useless, as he was the brains of the operation, the hive mind they fed off. Now we have no hope without Nolan to guide the way and show the other players how to do things like stay fit - a true leader by example he was. What are our players to do now? They will be lost. They won't know how to kick a ball. It's impossible for them to function - the hive mind has gone.

:weep:

That's debatable, surely, either Nolan was asking for an extension now or the club would be reluctant to let his contract run down and reduce his value further.

This time next year he might be completely useless as a footballer as well, not impossible given his condition now.

But what does it matter? He's our player regardless. There's no difference to giving him an extension now and in 12 months time.