Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Another prick with similar guff last week.

Far from seeing the good that Nolan and Barton have done for Newcastle, Ashley views them as a pair of senior shop stewards who have the audacity to question his methods.

Methods like pushing through a cost-cutting business model which dictates that when your best and most senior players ask for a bit too long on their contract sack them and look for cheaper, younger replacements.

A model which is about as ludicrous as the image of Joey Barton publically slamming it while wearing a top hat and tails at Ascot.

A model that may well see Nolan waving at Newcastle next May as he passes them on his way back up to a league they've just dropped out of.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/brian-reade/Brian-Reade-column-Aston-Villa-fans-are-right-to-protest-Alex-McLeish-and-Newcastle-supporter-demos-should-be-next-article748359.html#ixzz1PpvLrbvh

Trouble is the fat c*nt has to write something to fill up the newspaper and the Nolan story has had a lot of coverage so he's obviously going to go for it. Ignoring the pro West Ham stuff in that article, there are are plenty of people who think what he says about Nolan leaving us is bang on the money (our own fans included). So it's an obvious angle for a journalist to take.

It would have been far more original if he'd said Newcastle would have been mad to offer Nolan a 5 year contract on £50k a week or more and contracts like that have caused the club to be stuck with expensive hasbeens (and neverweres) well past the time that were any use to the club. But if he'd written that it would be implying that West Ham have again fallen for the same type of thinking that saddled them with Dyer, McCarthy, Boa Morte, Ljundberg etc. and which led to their previous financial meltdown.

:thup:

Guest Stephen927

Just going on the reactions in this thread, the journo has completed the task he set out to do when he wrote the article.

Interesting update: I work in the Wimbledon Media centre and ran into Martin Samuel this morning when he came to pick up his order of play. Said I was a toon fan and wanted to pick him up on his article - he was very affable and perfectly willing to discuss. I forwarded to him that Nolan leaving was more due to the ridiculous contract West Ham were prepared to give him, us cashing in when he would be most valuable and that he would no longer be first choice due to Cabaye - he insists Newcastle offered him only £5000 a week left and were willing to go five years. He also insists that there is no way that Cabaye would be picked ahead of Nolan - he called him "untested", "lightweight" and believed he was bought as an understudy for this year to replace Nolan in the future. Maintained that West Ham were a more attractive club to play for due their preferable ownership (really).

Interesting update: I work in the Wimbledon Media centre and ran into Martin Samuel this morning when he came to pick up his order of play. Said I was a toon fan and wanted to pick him up on his article - he was very affable and perfectly willing to discuss. I forwarded to him that Nolan leaving was more due to the ridiculous contract West Ham were prepared to give him, us cashing in when he would be most valuable and that he would no longer be first choice due to Cabaye - he insists Newcastle offered him only £5000 a week left and were willing to go five years. He also insists that there is no way that Cabaye would be picked ahead of Nolan - he called him "untested", "lightweight" and believed he was bought as an understudy for this year to replace Nolan in the future. Maintained that West Ham were a more attractive club to play for due their preferable ownership (really).

Ha ha

What a fat cunt!

The owners are a right pair of dicks and have shotgun brady as their growler.

Samuel: what a t***.