Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Guest BooBoo

Twitter man. Fuck's sake.

Bingo.

Needs obliterating from the face of the earth.

#cheerupmanyapairofpoofs

I can't understand some peoples ease of acceptance towards letting Barton & Nolan go. I'm sure everyone agree's they need upgrading, they are both at the wrong end of their 20's and limited already. However, replacing performers with unknowns will probably see us tumble fast enough to not realise the potential in any replacements signed, leading to yet another untimely upset.

There's no denying in the past 3 seasons we have come to appreciate, if we didn't already, the positive influence on performances squad cohesion has, and how often, it is bigger contributing factor to the sum of parts.

It is certainly not the time to be making such gambles with such uncertainty ahead. We need to hold on to as many givens as possible, and in my opinion keeping attitudes like Barton and Nolans as a big part of our team are an absolute must.

I can't understand some peoples ease of acceptance towards letting Barton & Nolan go. I'm sure everyone agree's they need upgrading, they are both at the wrong end of their 20's and limited already. However, replacing performers with unknowns will probably see us tumble fast enough to not realise the potential in any replacements signed, leading to yet another untimely upset.

There's no denying in the past 3 seasons we have come to appreciate, if we didn't already, the positive influence on performances squad cohesion has, and how often, it is bigger contributing factor to the sum of parts.

It is certainly not the time to be making such gambles with such uncertainty ahead. We need to hold on to as many givens as possible, and in my opinion keeping attitudes like Barton and Nolans as a big part of our team are an absolute must.

I think the answer is some people are more talented at managing than others.

Spot on.

Spot on.

Agree.

There is no guarantee that new players coming in will adapt to the Premier League or settle in Newcastle and if they do well, they might want to move on to a perceived bigger club ASAP.  It would be a huge risk to remove the experience from the squad.  The team needs to evolve rather than be radicallly overhauled each year.

I thought people wanted rid of Nolan because he 'did nothing when he doesn't score'.

with pardew saying he wants ben arfa playing off a striker you struggle to see where nolan fits in (first XI wise)

If there was a limitless pot of money I would agree with you. With Ashley in charge there clearly isn't, so either players lower their demands or some rich foreigner or NUSC buy out the club. Maybe for Joey and Nolan's sake the latter will finally get their arse in gear.

If there was a limitless pot of money I would agree with you. With Ashley in charge there clearly isn't, so either players lower their demands or some rich foreigner or NUSC buy out the club. Maybe for Joey and Nolan's sake the latter will finally get their arse in gear.

eh ?

eh ?

Ashley hasn't got a limitless amount of money he is prepared to spend on NUFC.

eh ?

oh right, just picked up on the "with ashley" and read it negativly in the sense that other owners provide a limitless pot.

eh ?

oh right, just picked up on the "with ashley" and read it negativly in the sense that other owners provide a limitless pot.

The only other owners who do provide a limitless pot are Man City and Chelsea. Most other clubs are working within a budget which it is difficult to accommodate ageing/declining stars on long term contracts. We had this same scenario with Owen and where is he now?

Nolan and Barton both leaving in one summer would be near catastrophic for the dressing room, and i'd expect others to go too.

I don't think either will, but if the club somehow conspires to having them both sold, it'd be one of the biggest jokes in the entire Ashley era.

It's absolutely vital that we keep, at the very least, Nolan.

This.

The more who leave or have an uncertain future, the more who will want to leave and we're only three or four key departures away from a squad which would sink like a stone.

It's going to be a very long and difficult 18 months for all of us if things continue to pan out.