Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

I could be wrong but I don't think Nolan or Barton signing a contract will be enough to persuade Enrique to stay if he thinks playing for a high profile glamour club is key to getting international honours. Nolan will be key to players like Barton, but Enrique himself is probably more important for the likes of Jonas or Coloccini.

Perhaps not.

But Nolan signing may very well lead to Barton signing - which Barton has allegedly said himself in talk-ins.

Those two are central planks to the (whatever you want to call it) "club culture". Admittedly, this might not mean so much to Enrique, but surely it has to have some weight when the two most senior players commit to the club? Especially if "the big clubs" are slow coming in with bids?

Colo is a different case - I'm pretty sure I said when Williamson signed that five year contract it was a big flashing sign that Colo wouldn't get a new contract, and I stick to that. I think The Curly One might be offered around half of what he is on now (if it's true he's on 80k), which sucks big donkey's balls, but it is the new Mike Ashley reality.

Besides which, I said "if" Nolan's re-signing meant "one of" Barton/Enrique/Colo staying it would be worth it ;)

Barton should accept a new 2 year deal and i dont see the problem with nolan who still have 2 years left. how good is barton in 2 years time (probably same level IF he stays out of trouble and do we really want nolan as a starter 2 years from now.

I can understand if the club isn´t trying too hard to get them to sign new deals now, i guess.

Worst case is they could end up with very good deals and barton goes mental again and nolan isn´t good enough for the starting 11.

that said i wouldn´t mind them signing new deals. Barton 3 years  tops and nolan im not sure about?

Guest Roger Kint

Barton should accept a new 2 year deal and i dont see the problem with nolan who still have 2 years left. how good is barton in 2 years time (probably same level IF he stays out of trouble and do we really want nolan as a starter 2 years from now.

I can understand if the club isn´t trying too hard to get them to sign new deals now, i guess.

Worst case is they could end up with very good deals and barton goes mental again and nolan isn´t good enough for the starting 11.

that said i wouldn´t mind them signing new deals. Barton 3 years  tops and nolan im not sure about?

Barton was offered a 2 year extension not a deal ending in 2 years.

Guest axel

So where would the signing of Cabaye leave Nolan?

Bench.

That would be a big call considering his status at the club and season just gone.

They didn't hesitate on doing it to JB. Wouldn't surprise me if Nolan's next.

the advanced mc iin a 4-3-3... could work

Ben Arfa would probably have that one covered. Nolan was often too easy to pick up and man-mark this season when put in a more forward minded position, he has to come from deep down and ghost into his positions.

Tioté - Cabaye

Ben Arfa  Nolan    (Gervinho)

(Gameiro)

Think I'd rather have Jonas on the wing and HBA in the middle though.

I don't know what sort of contract was put in front of Nolan but he hasn't exactly rushed to sign it. If Cabaye is going to sign it means that we aren't going to give him an improved offer, assuming the initial offer is still on the table. Nolan will have to make a decision whether he is happy to be a squad player or would prefer to leave.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Cabaye Tiote Nolan

Gervinho                  Ben Arfa

Gameiro

Bench.

That would be a big call considering his status at the club and season just gone.

Huge, huge difference between Barton and Nolan though, in virtually every aspect.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Cabaye Tiote Nolan

Gameiro

Pardew has said he sees Ben Arfa as a #10 just behind the striker though.

I think it'll be the 4-3-3 formation Pardew's planning us for though. Gervinho definitely fits that.

Cabaye Tiote Nolan

Gameiro

I think it'll be the 4-3-3 formation Pardew's planning us for though. Gervinho definitely fits that.

But I imagine it would be Ben Arfa in the centre ahead of Tiote and Cabaye with Gervinho and Jonas (or N'Zogbia) on the wings.

Cabaye Tiote Nolan

Gameiro

But I imagine it would be Ben Arfa in the centre ahead of Tiote and Cabaye with Gervinho and Jonas (or N'Zogbia) on the wings.

Probably not, probably going to be a la Chelsea 4-3-3. Tiote behind Cabaye/Barton and Nolan/Emana ;) and then Ben Arfa and the other winger behind the striker.

Bench.

Huge, huge difference between Barton and Nolan though, in virtually every aspect.

True that, Barton is not a bad footballer. Seriously though if we can put out a team where Nolan is on the bench (something he said himself he accepts will happen) then surely we're fielding a better team.

Nolan has two years remaining on his current deal and was open to extending it by a further two years.

But the club has shelved plans to discuss his contract until the end of next season ­leaving Nolan in complete limbo.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Kevin-Nolan-considering-Newcastle-future-after-contract-snub-article744289.html#ixzz1OLeMgOge

Seems reasonable to me.

Guest Loven11

Nolan has two years remaining on his current deal and was open to extending it by a further two years.

But the club has shelved plans to discuss his contract until the end of next season ­leaving Nolan in complete limbo.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Kevin-Nolan-considering-Newcastle-future-after-contract-snub-article744289.html#ixzz1OLeMgOge

Seems reasonable to me.

I thought so too, he has 2 years left on his contract so don't know what the problem is.

As Fenham said, a load of crap.

How can it be considered a "contract snub" when he's still got two years left to run on his current deal? To my mind the decision to leave talks of a new contract until next season is perfectly reasonable.