Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Ffs man. He was very good on Saturday, people gave him credit for it. However for large parts of last season and this he's been poor, and the criticism is fully justified when it is given. Players get criticised when they play poorly and praised when they play well, it's a simple as that.

He's obviously not 'useless' but he's not exactly brilliant either. I think Tiote really helped on Saturday, and now we might have the legs in midfield to allow us to carry Nolan in the team. However we'll see, I'm not gonna forget the multitude of substandard performances and declare him an excellent player in one go, but if he keeps up his form from Saturday I'm happy to see him in the team.

Fat lazy Nolan being carried by Tiote:

http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/464/3653442585.jpg

All that proves is that Tiote spent pretty much the entire match within the middle 3rd of the field, where as Nolan spread himself out a bit more. If anything it suggests the exact opposite of what your trying to imply.

Fat lazy Nolan being carried by Tiote:

http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/464/3653442585.jpg

Maybe when we are playing teams with faster, younger midfielders Nolan can pull that graph out of his shorts and convince them to slow down.

Maybe when we are playing teams with faster, younger midfielders Nolan can pull that graph out of his shorts and convince them to slow down.

Is that what he did to get a couple against Villa like?

Just pointing out that a graph showing how much ground he covers doesn't mean much if he's chasing shadows. But then some people swear by stats so good luck to them.

I got a great idea, now that Newcastle are back in the premiership we can all slag off players who 'Stayed' with us when all the shit was going down, banged in a few goals (from a midfield area - sort of) and helped Newcastle ascend into the highest tier of english football.

I've got an idea, let's stop stereotyping people's opinions and let them give their fair responses to players' performances.

Just pointing out that a graph showing how much ground he covers doesn't mean much if he's chasing shadows. But then some people swear by stats so good luck to them.

I know words aren't your strong point so I thought a pretty picture might help, I forgot you would need to be able to read SOME words to make sense of it though. It's actually the passes he made, so not just "chasing shadows" but actually contributing significantly to the control of possession we had. Don't let that stop you thinking how fat and clapped out he is though.

I remember someone showed us one of those graphs but for tackling from the last game Nolan played for Bolton and he made two tackles in 90 minutes. :lol:

:colo:

http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/464/2432721219.png

:fishing:

Guest GallowgateKev

I got a great idea, now that Newcastle are back in the premiership we can all slag off players who 'Stayed' with us when all the shit was going down, banged in a few goals (from a midfield area - sort of) and helped Newcastle ascend into the highest tier of english football.

Mong

Don't know if it was because we were playing in Liverpool but Nolan put in a hell of a lot more running than usual. He chased down as best he could and got himself about. I'd go as far as say he had a good game and deserves to keep his place on that performance.

He's been pretty poor in the other games.

I got a great idea, now that Newcastle are back in the premiership we can all slag off players who 'Stayed' with us when all the s*** was going down, banged in a few goals (from a midfield area - sort of) and helped Newcastle ascend into the highest tier of english football.

Mong

Bit Harsh . . . . . . . . .

My point was, and it was said by someone else earlier in this thread, it gets annoying listening to the same old negative vibes about KN. He is no spring chicken but I think he has been something different for us at times. He gets into good positions (whether he means it or not) and can hold the ball up better than Sham-eobi

I remember someone showed us one of those graphs but for tackling from the last game Nolan played for Bolton and he made two tackles in 90 minutes. :lol:

:colo:

http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/464/2432721219.png

:fishing:

He fouled DJ Campbell with a slider so that can't be right, surely? For what it's worth I wasn't having a go at Nolan there.

I genuinely cannot believe the amount of people still criticising our lads - Especially the likes of Nolan. I really do wonder if it's people who never actually watch us play, or just old miserable fuckers who have been there and seen it all before.

It's almost as though people watch MOTD, Nolan (for example) doesn't feature in the shitty 20 seconds of highlights much, so they then assume he's had a shit game.

Spackers.

I genuinely cannot believe the amount of people still criticising our lads - Especially the likes of Nolan. I really do wonder if it's people who never actually watch us play, or just old miserable fuckers who have been there and seen it all before.

It's almost as though people watch MOTD, Nolan (for example) doesn't feature in the shitty 20 seconds of highlights much, so they then assume he's had a shit game.

Spackers.

i like how you are calling people "spackers" based off a scenario you've just invented in your head and have no idea whether or not it is true.  :lol:

I haven't seen too much criticism, just some people pointing out limitations, others taking offence at it. There's similar threads about Jonas regarding the fact he can't cross for his life, should we object to those as well? The fact is he can't cross...or shoot particularly well. It's also a fact that Nolan is slow and it means he's played up front to compensate his lack of mobility. What is wrong with pointing it out?

Spackers.

i like how you are calling people "spackers" based off a scenario you've just invented in your head and have no idea whether or not it is true.  :lol:

Also, if anything Nolan looks better on highlights than he looks in real life.