Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

It's funny seeing how sentimental people get over players, especially average one's like Nolan.

Weird isn't it, you'd think he'd scored 30 goals for us from centre midfield in the last 2 seasons or something.

:lol:

Nah man. fuck these players that care and have team spirit. They won't take us forward. Give me cheap, foreign mercenaries any day! :laugh:

I won't settle til the players are paying us to pull on the shirt. Bin the lot of them, get 20 young, remember they must young so you can sell them on, local lads paying £100 quid a pop to play and we'd top of the Barclays Balance Sheet Premiership in no time.

Nobody is unaware of his limitations. Nobody claims he is some sort footballing phenom.

Would it not have been beneficial to keep him as a squad player though?

always knew nobody knew f*** all, psycho scando git that he is.

Nobody is unaware of his limitations. Nobody claims he is some sort footballing phenom.

Would he have been happy to have been a squad player though?

For what it's worth he's quoted as saying yes.

It's funny seeing how sentimental people get over players, especially average one's like Nolan.

Weird isn't it, you'd think he'd scored 30 goals for us from centre midfield in the last 2 seasons or something.

Tell me about it, still you can't stop your best players leaving when the top clubs come in for them.

It was only natural that he would be in such demand after scoring so many goals.

:lol: Such a WUM.

You were confused as to why he's so highly regarded amongst our support, I gave you 1 reason.

For what it's worth he's quoted as saying yes.

I remember those quotes and I'm sure he said further down the line. I don't think he was expecting to be replaced in the starting XI this quickly.

Guest johnson293

Does that mean we should be giving him a 5 yr deal then?

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

Nolan on way to West Ham for medical. Those criticising him for 5yr deal request - it was a negotiation! Would have taken less, but wanted time so could get family settled in schools etc. Once club accepts bid writing on wall.

Perhaps if his negotiation tactic had been a bit more realistic, rather than going straight in asking for 5 years, then it may have been more successful.

Tell me about it, still you can't stop your best players leaving when the top clubs come in for them.

It was only natural that he would be in such demand after scoring so many goals.

:lol: Such a WUM.

You were confused as to why he's so highly regarded amongst our support, I gave you 1 reason.

The piss thing played a part tbf.

A good few grand a week and access to Cabaye's knickers, why wouldn't he be?

It was what he had done in the last two years that generated such sentiment imo. He made a massive contribution in the Championship in getting us back up and all that.

Then he scored 12 goals last season, 3 of which were against the Mackems in one of the highlights of the season. Without his goals, we would have arguably went down.

Or with a decent midfielder that contributed more to our general play we might have finished top half.

We were two minutes away from the top half.

With a better midfielder instead of a passenger for the majority of the season who's to say we wouldn't have got it comfortably?

If's, but's and maybe's etc.

It was touch and go last season. The main goal was surviving really so finishing 12th was decent enough even though we could have finished 9th.

Nolan was a key player last season, yes he was often a passenger in games but he had a knack of being at the right place at the right time to score goals.

Goals wins you games strangely enough.

How was your round the world cruise btw Baggio? You know, the one where you conveniently missed our entire relegation and season in the Championship before coming back when we were back in mid-table of the Premier League. Did you bring us back any rock?

The thought of reading a depressing 86,000 posts from some chap that grew up a Leeds fan didn't fill me with much enthusiasm to be honest, Dave.

That and some warning I received for something I didn't even do.

I fail to see how the club gains from this in anyway. Not even Ashley's pockets benefit in a manner that would be truly meaningful to him. It is just senseless destruction of something that was working for no particular reason. Awful decision from the club. If we are replacing Nolan with better players, let these players first display in NUFC's colours, that they are actually superior to Kevin Nolan.

It was what he had done in the last two years that generated such sentiment imo. He made a massive contribution in the Championship in getting us back up and all that.

Then he scored 12 goals last season, 3 of which were against the Mackems in one of the highlights of the season. Without his goals, we would have arguably went down.

Or with a decent midfielder that contributed more to our general play we might have finished top half.

We were two minutes away from the top half.

With a better midfielder instead of a passenger for the majority of the season who's to say we wouldn't have got it comfortably?

If's, but's and maybe's etc.

It was touch and go last season. The main goal was surviving really so finishing 12th was decent enough even though we could have finished 9th.

Nolan was a key player last season, yes he was often a passenger in games but he had a knack of being at the right place at the right time to score goals.

Goals wins you games strangely enough.

So why are there not Premiership clubs fighting over his signature if he's so good?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/05/06/cheick-tiote-hails-midfield-partner-kevin-nolan-72703-28646286/

CHEICK TIOTE reckons that his central midfield partnership with Kevin Nolan will be even stronger next season.

But he wants to make sure that the dynamic duo sign off from the current campaign with a bang – starting against Birmingham City tomorrow.

The Blues were no match for the Toon pair back in February when United triumphed 2-0 at St Andrew’s.

And after some outstanding displays by Tiote in front of the back four and 12 goals from Nolan this season, the Ivory Coast warrior has revealed his desire to keep the partnership going next season.

He told the Chronicle: “Kevin Nolan’s my man in midfield! He’s helped me, and done everything for me.

“I want to say thanks to him for that.”

Guest Antec

I fail to see how the club gains from this in anyway. Not even Ashley's pockets benefit in a manner that would be truly meaningful to him. It is just senseless destruction of something that was working for no particular reason. Awful decision from the club. If we are replacing Nolan with better players, let these players first display in NUFC's colours, that they are actually superior to Kevin Nolan.

Sounds like another gamble, hope it works out

How was your round the world cruise btw Baggio? You know, the one where you conveniently missed our entire relegation and season in the Championship before coming back when we were back in mid-table of the Premier League. Did you bring us back any rock?

The thought of reading a depressing 86,000 posts from some chap that grew up a Leeds fan didn't fill me with much enthusiasm to be honest, Dave.

That and some warning I received for something I didn't even do.

Wahey!

Does that mean we should be giving him a 5 yr deal then?

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

Nolan on way to West Ham for medical. Those criticising him for 5yr deal request - it was a negotiation! Would have taken less, but wanted time so could get family settled in schools etc. Once club accepts bid writing on wall.

Perhaps if his negotiation tactic had been a bit more realistic, rather than going straight in asking for 5 years, then it may have been more successful.

Is that how your negotiations work like? In mine, one party says what they want, the other says what they want and they meet in the middle.

Nolan was well within his rights to demand anything. 5/10/20 year extensions. I wouldn't give it to him, but there's no reason why he can't start high.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/05/06/cheick-tiote-hails-midfield-partner-kevin-nolan-72703-28646286/

CHEICK TIOTE reckons that his central midfield partnership with Kevin Nolan will be even stronger next season.

But he wants to make sure that the dynamic duo sign off from the current campaign with a bang – starting against Birmingham City tomorrow.

The Blues were no match for the Toon pair back in February when United triumphed 2-0 at St Andrew’s.

And after some outstanding displays by Tiote in front of the back four and 12 goals from Nolan this season, the Ivory Coast warrior has revealed his desire to keep the partnership going next season.

He told the Chronicle: “Kevin Nolan’s my man in midfield! He’s helped me, and done everything for me.

“I want to say thanks to him for that.”

Sorry Cheik, it's not going to happen now :(

if,say for example the fee is £2mill then his wages of, again for example £40kpw, there's over 4mill to reinvest in the club (hopefully)

if,say for example the fee is £2mill then his wages of, again for example £40kpw, there's over 4mill to reinvest in the club (hopefully)

Just stuff a shirt with £10 notes and stick it on the pitch.

Just stuff a shirt with £10 notes and stick it on the pitch.

or get a younger,better,cheaper player.

Nolan obviously didn't fancy starting next season on the bench or he could easily have refused to move like Smith and Barton are threatening to do. It's not all the club's fault. Unless you consider the Cabaye deal was unnecessary, but not many people are saying that.