Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

I fail to see how the club gains from this in anyway. Not even Ashley's pockets benefit in a manner that would be truly meaningful to him. It is just senseless destruction of something that was working for no particular reason. Awful decision from the club. If we are replacing Nolan with better players, let these players first display in NUFC's colours, that they are actually superior to Kevin Nolan.

if,say for example the fee is £2mill then his wages of, again for example £40kpw, there's over 4mill to reinvest in the club (hopefully)

Just stuff a shirt with £10 notes and stick it on the pitch.

or get a younger,better,cheaper player.

Gan on, then.

It's funny seeing how sentimental people get over players, especially average one's like Nolan.

It was what he had done in the last two years that generated such sentiment imo. He made a massive contribution in the Championship in getting us back up and all that.

Then he scored 12 goals last season, 3 of which were against the Mackems in one of the highlights of the season. Without his goals, we would have arguably went down.

Or with a decent midfielder that contributed more to our general play we might have finished top half.

We were two minutes away from the top half.

With a better midfielder instead of a passenger for the majority of the season who's to say we wouldn't have got it comfortably?

If's, but's and maybe's etc.

It was touch and go last season. The main goal was surviving really so finishing 12th was decent enough even though we could have finished 9th.

Nolan was a key player last season, yes he was often a passenger in games but he had a knack of being at the right place at the right time to score goals.

Goals wins you games strangely enough.

So why are there not Premiership clubs fighting over his signature if he's so good?

Stoke, Everton and Fulham were reportedly interested.

Fair enough, Nolan's general play leaves a lot to be desired but he was "right" for us somehow.

I fail to see how the club gains from this in anyway. Not even Ashley's pockets benefit in a manner that would be truly meaningful to him. It is just senseless destruction of something that was working for no particular reason. Awful decision from the club. If we are replacing Nolan with better players, let these players first display in NUFC's colours, that they are actually superior to Kevin Nolan.

if,say for example the fee is £2mill then his wages of, again for example £40kpw, there's over 4mill to reinvest in the club (hopefully)

Just stuff a shirt with £10 notes and stick it on the pitch.

it'd probably be more mobile.

Guest VegasToon

Absolutely love Nolan.  Have the bastard on the back of my tops, but I love Newcastle more.  I want Newcastle to succeed and get back to European play.  Nolan is limited on the field.  I doubt he would score 12 goals again next year, plus Ben Afra is going to play in the position he is best at.  We need better players to make a push.  I wish him well, and I will only make a judgement on this transfer after seeing who we bring in.

apparently he's gutted.........

stevewraith steve wraith

by NUFCThreatLevel

Hi folks...gutted Nolans gone..i've been in touch with him...he's gutted to

why does he only pop up at times like this

He's probably still trying to understand the difference between to and too.

No-one is forcing him to leave.  He could just see out the remaining two years of his well remunerated contract.

This almost never happens when a club doesn't want a player any more.

Is that how your negotiations work like? In mine, one party says what they want, the other says what they want and they meet in the middle.

Nolan was well within his rights to demand anything. 5/10/20 year extensions. I wouldn't give it to him, but there's no reason why he can't start high.

He's entitled to ask for whatever he wants, but its certainly not a good starting point IMO, even 4 years would be a terrible deal for the club.

No-one is forcing him to leave.  He could just see out the remaining two years of his well remunerated contract.

it's what bartons doing if you believe the conspiracists. and smith certainly is.

apparently he's gutted.........

stevewraith steve wraith

by NUFCThreatLevel

Hi folks...gutted Nolans gone..i've been in touch with him...he's gutted to

why does he only pop up at times like this

He's probably still trying to understand the difference between to and too.

Does he have any update on when Ben Arfa's getting his legs put on the right way?

On balance and if Nolan wanted a 4 or 5 year contract I think the club had to sell. Nolan could have stayed but once a bid was made and he wanted the longer contract it was always going to end up with him going.

It's not easy to swallow but I agree with the stance the club has taken. Bottom line for me is that if Nolan loved it so much here he would still be here. He's chosen to secure his future; good luck to him and thanks for the goals and chicken dance.

Does that mean we should be giving him a 5 yr deal then?

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

Nolan on way to West Ham for medical. Those criticising him for 5yr deal request - it was a negotiation! Would have taken less, but wanted time so could get family settled in schools etc. Once club accepts bid writing on wall.

Perhaps if his negotiation tactic had been a bit more realistic, rather than going straight in asking for 5 years, then it may have been more successful.

Is that how your negotiations work like? In mine, one party says what they want, the other says what they want and they meet in the middle.

Nolan was well within his rights to demand anything. 5/10/20 year extensions. I wouldn't give it to him, but there's no reason why he can't start high.

He's entitled to ask for whatever he wants, but its certainly not a good starting point IMO.  Even 4 years would be a terrible deal for the club IMO.

He's entitled to ask for what he wants, but the club is just as entitled not to give him it. You can't blame him for trying to cash in on last season but there wasn't exactly a stampede of premier clubs rushing to offer him a better deal than we did.

it's what bartons doing if you believe the conspiracists. and smith certainly is.

Which clubs have made offers for Alan Smith? Nobody wants him so we're stuck with him.

If an offer comes in for Barton we'll sell him. He said as much today.

Disappointed he seemed to want to stay, probably deserved to be treated a bit better considering what he's contributed.

Going forward though, I don't think he would have scored nearly as many next season, which covers up his piss poor game overall.

Honestly, the off the pitch thing is not reason enough to keep him, especially with the expected in flux of new players who may have not gelled with him anyway. Like it or not the squad is moving in a new direction and he's not good enough to keep on big wages at the expense of someone like, Gardner say, who is a better player and has more years left at the top.

Does that mean we should be giving him a 5 yr deal then?

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

Nolan on way to West Ham for medical. Those criticising him for 5yr deal request - it was a negotiation! Would have taken less, but wanted time so could get family settled in schools etc. Once club accepts bid writing on wall.

Perhaps if his negotiation tactic had been a bit more realistic, rather than going straight in asking for 5 years, then it may have been more successful.

He's entitled to ask for whatever he wants, but its certainly not a good starting point IMO.  Even 4 years would be a terrible deal for the club IMO.

He's entitled to ask for what he wants, but the club is just as entitled not to give him it. You can't blame him for trying to cash in on last season but there wasn't exactly a stampede of premier clubs rushing to offer him a better deal than we did.

Yep, there was only one club thick enough to offer him what he wanted, West Ham.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Interesting that the club used Nolan as the main model for our new kit's advertising. It was obviously initally thought he would definately be here for at least another season.

Bit of photoshop'll fix that.

It's funny seeing how sentimental people get over players, especially average one's like Nolan.

It was what he had done in the last two years that generated such sentiment imo. He made a massive contribution in the Championship in getting us back up and all that.

Then he scored 12 goals last season, 3 of which were against the Mackems in one of the highlights of the season. Without his goals, we would have arguably went down.

Or with a decent midfielder that contributed more to our general play we might have finished top half.

We were two minutes away from the top half.

With a better midfielder instead of a passenger for the majority of the season who's to say we wouldn't have got it comfortably?

If's, but's and maybe's etc.

It was touch and go last season. The main goal was surviving really so finishing 12th was decent enough even though we could have finished 9th.

Nolan was a key player last season, yes he was often a passenger in games but he had a knack of being at the right place at the right time to score goals.

Goals wins you games strangely enough.

So why are there not Premiership clubs fighting over his signature if he's so good?

Stoke, Everton and Fulham were reportedly interested.

Fair enough, Nolan's general play leaves a lot to be desired but he was "right" for us somehow.

So does he see West Ham a better option to them or can't they afford what West Ham are paying?

Or was it paper bollocks?

Interesting that the club used Nolan as the main model for our new kit's advertising. It was obviously initally thought he would definately be here for at least another season.

Bit of photoshop'll fix that.

"That Cabaye looks a bit fat, doesn't he?"