Taylor Swift

Last seasons top scorers:

Nolan 12 - gone

Carroll 11 - gone

Ameobi, Lovenkrands, Best 6 - woohoo

Barton 4 - lets see if he's still here

Jonas 3 - lets see if he's still here

Taylor 3

f***ing rank this like, the bloke is an absolute legend. All I can (rather callously) say is that I hope we've forgotten all about him come Christmas, simply because we're doing so well that it doesn't even register and that he's not missed.

But really it is a shame if he is forgotten so easily, been involved in some of the happiest times of my Toon-supporting life. The hat-trick against the Mackems alone should put him into the "cult hero" bracket at the very least.

You knock up a little shrine if it makes you feel better Rich. Candles on top of an empty KFC bucket.  :weep:

:lol:

Why can't it ever just be the right time to part ways? I honestly think if he'd have spent any longer here he'd have become unhappy due to not playing as much. As it is he's played a major role in the club, helping us through some rough times and brought some good memories like the Sunderland goals, winning countless points in the Championship with important goals etc.

He'll go down a bit of a legend, as in some ways Hughton has, and will stay that way because he didn't stay long enough for the downturn in form/importance.

The only disappointing thing for me is the probable smear campaign from Ashley/Llambias which will ensue, when in reality they should be thanking him for what he's done and explaining to fans the reasons for wanting rid.

Yes.

Said it before but the lack of any kind of communication from the top makes every situation we go through 10 times worse.

I don't expect anything else from cretins like Llambias and Ashley, and they've already tried to undermine him by leaking his 5 year contract request. as soon as that was made public i knew it was inevitable what was coming.

it's when a segment of the fans carry on that like which makes it worse for me. I just don't understand it.

by Dyl on Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:18 pm

if this goes through it will be one of, if not the greatest and most unbelievable signing in this club's history. Nolan is a premiership player, and a very good premiership player at that. Wonderful news

Surely not true?!

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

by Dyl on Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:18 pm

if this goes through it will be one of, if not the greatest and most unbelievable signing in this club's history. Nolan is a premiership player, and a very good premiership player at that. Wonderful news

Surely not true?!

:lol:

Guest Recoba

Disappointing he's off.  Will miss his goals and character (in that order).

Ultimately though he is a limited player and must know his legs are going and this is his last chance for a big contract.

He will be an initial success for Wham but I reckon by 2013 he will be another overpaid has been.

Still would always give him a warm reception and consider him a legend despite his limitations.

Guest Chris P

If there is one thing Nolan did it was organise. He's a great footballer with a fantastic footballers brain and sadly I can't see anyone in our squad at the moment that can fill that role. I would't describe him as a creative MF but by fuck he could play football. Gutted.

Last seasons top scorers:

Nolan 12 - gone

Carroll 11 - gone

Ameobi, Lovenkrands, Best 6 - woohoo

Barton 4 - lets see if he's still here

Jonas 3 - lets see if he's still here

Taylor 3

That says it all really.

Taylor goes up front. :thup:

I worry, what affect Nolan's loss will have on the team morale but isn't it Pardew's job to look after the morale ? I realise, that players like Nolan help, as he is on the same level as the other players, having said that if our team spirit goes  we will, imo be relegated unless we can get real quality particlularely in the goal scoring department. Nolan is a very limited player but he knows what he can and can't do, despite being limited in his skill movement and passing has an 82 % succesful pass ratio which incidentally is the same as Cabaye's i believe, though admittadly i would imagine Cabaye is much more ambitious with his passing.

Is it wrong I think he may struggle in West Ham's side?

He'll be reet. Good replacement for Parker in the dressing room too. Lardy will build the team to his strengths. Big plank up front, lots of set-pieces etc. etc.

Why can't it ever just be the right time to part ways? I honestly think if he'd have spent any longer here he'd have become unhappy due to not playing as much. As it is he's played a major role in the club, helping us through some rough times and brought some good memories like the Sunderland goals, winning countless points in the Championship with important goals etc.

He'll go down a bit of a legend, as in some ways Hughton has, and will stay that way because he didn't stay long enough for the downturn in form/importance.

The only disappointing thing for me is the probable smear campaign from Ashley/Llambias which will ensue, when in reality they should be thanking him for what he's done and explaining to fans the reasons for wanting rid.

An old baseball General Manager lived by the creed, "Better to get rid of a player a year too early rather than a year too late."

It doesnt' suprise me. The perception outside the club is that hes a much better player than he is. Was the same with Smith until folk cottoned on a bit. Will be missed. Thanks or the mammaries you fat bastard  O0

The perception on here is that he's barely any better than James Perch. As usual the truth is somewhere in between. He'd have remained an excellent squad member even if not starting every game.

It doesnt' suprise me. The perception outside the club is that hes a much better player than he is. Was the same with Smith until folk cottoned on a bit. Will be missed. Thanks or the mammaries you fat bastard  O0

The perception on here is that he's barely any better than James Perch. As usual the truth is somewhere in between. He'd have remained an excellent squad member even if not starting every game.

Aye.

Only thing that will stop me being upset about this transfer is if we sign somebody soon. Muppet that I am.

It's funny seeing how sentimental people get over players, especially average one's like Nolan.

It was what he had done in the last two years that generated such sentiment imo. He made a massive contribution in the Championship in getting us back up and all that.

Then he scored 12 goals last season, 3 of which were against the Mackems in one of the highlights of the season. Without his goals, we would have arguably went down.

Or with a decent midfielder that contributed more to our general play we might have finished top half.

We were two minutes away from the top half.

With a better midfielder instead of a passenger for the majority of the season who's to say we wouldn't have got it comfortably?

If's, but's and maybe's etc.

It was touch and go last season. The main goal was surviving really so finishing 12th was decent enough even though we could have finished 9th.

Nolan was a key player last season, yes he was often a passenger in games but he had a knack of being at the right place at the right time to score goals.

Goals wins you games strangely enough.

So why are there not Premiership clubs fighting over his signature if he's so good?

Stoke, Everton and Fulham were reportedly interested.

Fair enough, Nolan's general play leaves a lot to be desired but he was "right" for us somehow.

So does he see West Ham a better option to them or can't they afford what West Ham are paying?

Or was it paper bollocks?

Probably the latter tbh, guess West Ham were prepared to offer the terms Nolan wanted - ie. a long-term contract compared to the contract we offered him (only a year's extension).

My general feeling is we should have rejected any offer that came in for Nolan. I'd have been content in letting him run down his contract and leave on a free.