Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Whilst I still don't agree with the transfer, I can understand the reasoning behind it for both the NUFC board and Nolan.

I've got no ill feelings towards Nolan mind so good luck to him. Thanks for the last two years, I shall miss the Chicken Dance.

Now that it's confirmed, would just like to repeat what I said last night really. Fantastic servant for the club and I definitely wish him all the best.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-D4ETKzWKvpE/TZeORCVEuZI/AAAAAAAAAGs/sxZYolMydfY/s1600/toon+2.jpg

:icon_salut:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Much respect to Kev. Brilliant goals and leadership through some very tough times.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Fond memories.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n203/Chriswok/nolanhattrickbonus.png

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n203/Chriswok/NolanGoal.png

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n203/Chriswok/Nolanvomit-1.jpg

All the best. Wish he'd given us another season but I wouldn't want to have him on the wage bill in 2016 still, so if West Ham consider its worth spending 16 million on giving him a retirement paycheck we can't be expected to match it.

A little gutted about this.

Maybe a little naive given how things have turned out but would really have hoped club and player would have found a way for him to stay one more season.

Guest Problem Chimp

Sad to see him go and appreciate all he's done. In some ways the club have done him a favour by letting him get his 5 year contract now. He was never going to get it from us and if his form/fitness declines to the level that a fair few think it could, then it's less likely he would find someone else to offer it, in a year or two.

Good bloke, good player, will get filed somewhere near Warren Barton, Gavin Peacock and Philip Albert for me.

Guest Antec

£5m he'll have made in wages as a Championship player with ourselves & West Ham for two years work.

:lol: :lol:

Worth every penny if he gets them promoted

Maybe a little naive given how things have turned out but would really have hoped club and player would have found a way for him to stay one more season.

I think the club's offer of £55k until 2015 was more than fair.

Don't forget that part of AP's contract involves redducing our overall cost base.

:sadnod:

Indeed but quoting M4 again:

Yeap, yeap certainly. As I said, probably naive and idealistic to expect any different given what West Ham have been willing to offer him.

Don't forget that part of AP's contract involves redducing our overall cost base.

If you believe that, fair play to you, but all we have is your word on that.

I don't really take Nolan's decision to take the offer of 5 years at a championship club as much evidence for it, if that's what you are implying, either.

Why did we offer him this contract then? I can't imagine the club had any idea someone would offer him a deal like what he's got.

There's absolutely bundles to thank him for if you ask me. Pretty well gutted that he's gone tbh; can't believe he's at fucking West Ham.

Oh well. Not irreplaceable but i fear for the impact this will have on the rest of the squad.

If you believe that, fair play to you, but all we have is your word on that.

I don't really take Nolan's decision to take the offer of 5 years at a championship club as much evidence for it, if that's what you are implying, either.

Golfmag has been proven right in the past, I tend to believe him.