Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

He's been excellent the last two games and IMO it's no coincidence that it happened when he was moved back into midfield.

Like Lampard, Nolan finds better goalscoring positions coming from midfield (i'm not suggesting Nolan is as good as Lampard by the way). His lack of pace and movement make him too easy to mark when he plays up front.

Plus, with Carroll and Ameobi being a massive handful up front, they pull defenders out of position which creates openings for the midfielders

He's one of those players who fans of other clubs who don't watch him week in and week out will soon be saying 'he deserves a shout of an England call up'.

:lol: already seen one or two mentions on other club's message boards

He was excellent on Sunday, helped by some of the worst Premier League "defending" I've seen in years. Also important is the fact he was much better than he's been in most of your games, it wasn't like he's consistently played as well as he did on Sunday. Still, very well done to him, and he seems a top bloke to boot.

Guest elbee909

I've been thinking guys, we could maybe start playing Kevin off the front?

I think just ahead of midfield, behind the strikers, somewhere between the two wings ideally.

Guest firetotheworks

whats the difference between Andy Carroll and the Sunderland back 4??    the sunderland back 4 can't live with Kevin Nolan!!

i'll get my coat......

I think you left your coat at www.true-faith.co.uk :)

Will easily get 10 goals which makes his place in the team unquestionable. Tim Cahill does the same thing in a better team and nobody argues with it.

Guest VegasToon

Nolan explains his celebration:

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20101101/nolan-derby-treble-gave-me-wings_2281670_2204107

"It's called a 'quack'. One of the lads actually dances like that on a Saturday night!"

"When we go away every year, the lads decide what celebration I'm going to do next year and they picked that one, so I've got to do it!  But as I say, one of the lads actually dances like that, so you can imagine what he looks like on a Saturday night!"

My guess is Ryan Taylor.

Nolan explains his celebration:

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20101101/nolan-derby-treble-gave-me-wings_2281670_2204107

"It's called a 'quack'. One of the lads actually dances like that on a Saturday night!"

"When we go away every year, the lads decide what celebration I'm going to do next year and they picked that one, so I've got to do it!  But as I say, one of the lads actually dances like that, so you can imagine what he looks like on a Saturday night!"

My guess is Ryan Taylor.

First thought that popped into my head. :lol:

24 goals in 66 games is some return for a midfielder

For all the limitations we've seen, all them goals and this hat-trick are the stuff of legend. I reckon he's earned himself an nickname.

If Mick Martin could be Zico and George Reilly could be Rambo (after a spell as Mavis), any good suggestions for Kevin Nolan?