Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Nolan always gives 100% and his attitude has never been in question on the pitch. However we want to be like his idols Liverpool "a great club" which means we'll no longer require the services of the likes of Nolan who just isn't good enough to be at an ambitious club.

Nolan always gives 100% and his attitude has never been in question on the pitch. However we want to be like his idols Liverpool "a great club" which means we'll no longer require the services of the likes of Nolan who just isn't good enough to be at an ambitious club.

TBF that is what he is saying really.

Great words from a great captain.

He's a player who fans of other clubs seem to rate very highly, not surprising really considering his goals tally from midfield.

I hope Nolan has a long association with NUFC in whatever capacity, his honesty, mental strength and character will be a very positive asset.

He's a strange one with me because I am a big fan of his personality and can see he brings a huge amount to the spirit within this group of lads. Great captain. Still not a fan of him as a footballer though and he doesn't do enough for me to be a central midfielder in a side looking to finish in the top 8 in the league. His goals are great when they come though and he is a good option to have because his ability to arrive in the box at the right time is second to none and he is a nuisance from any type of set piece into the box.

He's a Newcastle player through and through. Most of our most revered players have had flaws, and that's why we love them, because irrespective of whatever flaws they had, their love and passion for their game at this club has elevated them above that. Nolan is one of those. I think we'd play worse football without him, I know that's ironic but I do think it's true!

Great words from a great captain.

He's a player who fans of other clubs seem to rate very highly, not surprising really considering his goals tally from midfield.

I hope Nolan has a long association with NUFC in whatever capacity, his honesty, mental strength and character will be a very positive asset.

Don't worry he won't be going anywhere because the big clubs won't want him.

Great captain and, for all those who don't think he deserves to be in the team, just look at our performances when he misses a game. Over the years, we've had many players in this mode, players who split opinion but are essential for the team. I, for one, will always remember his leadership when the club needed it and he has already achieved "always remembered Status" along side Stan Anderson, Jim Iley, Bob Moncur, Kevin Keegan, Killa Kilkline, Alan Shearer etc. etc. 

He's a great credit to the club. I can understand the criticism given his limitations as a player but the hostility shown to him on here at times is insane, given what he's contributed over the last 18 months.

I think it fairly obvious that if we want to improve then he cant be part of the first team in a couple of years time.

However, at the moment, his leadership is needed, there have been games where he hasnt played and we have looked a different team. And on a sidenote, (Liverpool quotes aside) ive always enjoyed listening to him talk. He loves the club and as mentioned, he will always be a bit of a hero for that hat trick.

“It was tough to take, but in retrospect we got top, top money for him. When me and him were talking about it, I said to him I would have accepted £25m, he said he’d have accepted £20m. I don’t think he could believe the sum.

:lol:

Id love to be able to see my career out here, but realistically that isnt going to happen.

If this club carries on going in the right direction, which I believe it will do, they wont want me.

In three or four years Ill be expected to leave. Im not going to hang around picking up my money. If Im not playing, Im one of those players who will move on.

I hope its not too soon, I hope Ive got three or four years left here and Im going to work hard to try and make that happen.

Even he knows he's s*** :razz:

The first two lines look like really good news, the third and fourth are killers.

Guest Wearside

How refreshing to see quotes like that though, positive stuff.

Didn't Carroll say he wanted to stay at Newcastle for life(or something similar) and then a few weeks later was gone in the blink of an eye?

Moral of the story is that don't believe a word what players come out with,they are all only interested in number one.

How refreshing to see quotes like that though, positive stuff.

Didn't Carroll say he wanted to stay at Newcastle for life(or something similar) and then a few weeks later was gone in the blink of an eye?

Moral of the story is that don't believe a word what players come out with,they are all only interested in number one.

I doubt there'll be any £30m+ bids for Kev nor do I envisage a reaction similar to that post Carroll should he leave. :lol:

Guest Wearside

Just out of curiosity Wearside, why do you post on here? Not having a go, I'm just wondering.

I read this messageboard for months(mainly in lead up to the 5-1 game) and just continued reading and then someone posted that not many Sunderland fans got on here so I registered.

I like it because it's clearly very well moderated and I don't have to trail through hundreds of the same threads,it's a good layout IMO.

I try not and go on threads mainly related to Newcastle because if I say something against the general opinion I would just get accused of being bitter,obsessed etc etc but I do read most of the threads.

I read this messageboard for months(mainly in lead up to the 5-1 game) and just continued reading and then someone posted that not many Sunderland fans got on here so I registered.

I like it because it's clearly very well moderated and I don't have to trail through hundreds of the same threads,it's a good layout IMO.

I try not and go on threads mainly related to Newcastle because if I say something against the general opinion I would just get accused of being bitter,obsessed etc etc but I do read most of the threads.

I hope that you hang around, it's always good to be reminded that no matter how bad thing get, it could all have been worse.

Just out of curiosity Wearside, why do you post on here? Not having a go, I'm just wondering.

have you been surprised that your every post isn't replied to with "fuck off mackem kernt" !

that'll make sense if you read RTG. :angel:

I think you're a funny fuck and probably in the %5 of Mackems that haven't been touched with the down's.  Post more, man, I'd rather read your jibs than some of the kneejerking that goes on here.  ;)

There was another Mackem at one time who was a decent chap, think he went by SAFC as a handle. Anyways, get to fuck, you SMB.