Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

I rate Nolan, but I still think Dyer was better.

The general negative perception of Dyer is because people have a grudge against him (for understandable reason) rather than the fact that he wasn't good enough.

He was never one to get assists or goals but a lot of build up play went through him and he'd often be the one to create the stress for the opposition that others could then exploit. Arsenal and Feyenoord are good examples. Where we dropped off under Robson was often linked with Dyer being injured or not in his favoured position. Dyer also showed that he needs to be surrounded by quality players to get the best from him.

If we look back over the past ten years we haven't had a better attacking central midfielder.

Well yeah, but how often was he actually at his best?

Besides, I'm not even comparing the two. I'm just baffled by the adulation he's receiving.

Where is this supposed adulation? He was an England international coveted by top teams in his prime. With all his supposed end product, how come neither England or leading clubs are interested in Fatty Nolan? It must be bias.

When did Nolan have such top drawer players as Nolberto Solano, Gary Speed and Laurent Robert around him though at Bolton?

Nolan fits into our team and is a massive contributory factor to our success, Dyer was nothing other than a piece of our puzzle. As previously mentioned, small pacey players scare the shit out of other teams, that was the one solitary reason he was any good. He was a fucking headless chicken who could unlock defenses as a result of Speed sitting deep, Shearer being a target man and Solano and Robert being phenomenal passers of the ball. Even then he scored and assisted less than what Nolan probably has in this single season.

The fact of the matter is, both Central Midfielders 'fitted' into their roles within the two midfield units. Teams work as teams because the players are cohesive and can work with one another, one players weaknesses is their colleagues strength.

Dyer was thick as fuck but pacey as owt, that's why next to Nolberto Solano, he thrived because Nobby was the brains and the architect of Dyers movement, as were the likes of Speed and Robert. Nolan is slow as fuck but he has Tiote, Barton and Jonas to do it for him.

All I know is, that Nolan contributes far more to the overall club, and not just the team, compared to an arrogant little butt-fuck who did nowt but get us the wrong headlines, for both on and off field actions.

Where is this supposed adulation? He was an England international coveted by top teams in his prime. With all his supposed end product, how come neither England or leading clubs are interested in Fatty Nolan? It must be bias.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-377248/Fergie-trains-sights-Nolan.html

&  LIVERPOOL boss Rafa Benitez is lining up a shock move for Bolton's Scouse star Kevin Nolan.

http://www.bootroom.org/smf/index.php?topic=4993.0

Even name calling the big lad now.

Well yeah, but how often was he actually at his best?

Besides, I'm not even comparing the two. I'm just baffled by the adulation he's receiving.

I'm not even going to warrant that with a decent response tbh. Here's a picture of a gerbil.

http://www.petsworld.co.uk/images/gerbil.jpg

More consistent PL performer? :mackems:

That's why the Bolton fans were glad that he was sold to us for a paltry £4m, right?

Consistently average, sure.

Dyer was consistently good to very good in his time with us. That's why we finished very high up the table in the years that he was fit. Injuries cost him games every season, particularly his last season with us and his time with West Ham, but Dyer was an excellent footballer who achieved things that Nolan can only dream of.

In ten years time one player will be able to say he made the most of his career while the other will have a fat wallet and dreams of what might have been. Which do you think is which?

Some of the praise Dyer has received here reads EXACTLY like the criticism Gutierrez gets - not many goals or assists but is an important part of our attack due to his pace and dribbling... Both are inconsistent and frustrating yet one is lauded while the other is castigated!

It's not about making the most of your career. It's about what both these players achieved, regardless of your perception of their work ethic. And I say perception because you seem to think that Dyer was a selfish, lazy bastard when his performances and his determination to return from injury after injury demonstrates the complete opposite. And you seem to believe that Nolan is the average Joe hardworking footballer when it is patently obvious that he's one of the least fit players in our team and that's why he looks knackered every match after only an hour. If he's to look back in time and say that he's made the most of his career then maybe getting in top physical shape (like Dyer always was when he played) would have made him a better footballer.

You don't reach the pinnacle of the game unless you're a hard worker. But you also have to have talent. Hard work alone is not sufficient to make it to the top, but it's necessary. Dyer played at a level high enough that we can deduce that he was a hard worker off the pitch.

Dyer always struck me as being an incredibly natural athlete to be fair, first game back from injury he was always lightning fast and looked sharp as fuck.

Not saying he didn't work hard on top of it, but you can definitely see he was a natural athlete like very few others I've seen.

Gonna be class when Stu comes in here. :lol:

Still think you're remembering Dyer as a better player than he was Apisith, though if I were trying to build a team I'd take a fit Dyer over Nolan any day.

No idea where any of this random debate came from, completely different players at completely different periods of NUFC.

Gonna be class when Stu comes in here. :lol:

Still think you're remembering Dyer as a better player than he was Apisith, though if I were trying to build a team I'd take a fit Dyer over Nolan any day.

No idea where any of this random debate came from, completely different players at completely different periods of NUFC.

I was wondering myself. It led to a photo of a gerbil mind, so it was probably worth it.

It's not about making the most of your career. It's about what both these players achieved, regardless of your perception of their work ethic. And I say perception because you seem to think that Dyer was a selfish, lazy bastard when his performances and his determination to return from injury after injury demonstrates the complete opposite. And you seem to believe that Nolan is the average Joe hardworking footballer when it is patently obvious that he's one of the least fit players in our team and that's why he looks knackered every match after only an hour. If he's to look back in time and say that he's made the most of his career then maybe getting in top physical shape (like Dyer always was when he played) would have made him a better footballer.

I don't see how you can draw any such inferences from the five lines I posted, what a ridiculous post.

You don't play as many matches in the Premier League if you're as unfit as you claim Nolan to be. Pull your head in.

It's the making the most out of his career line that I'm drawing these things from. Dyer made the most out of his career; injuries like his - muscular ones - aren't something that you can control and prevent. If he was a lazy fucker who didn't put his best in and never reached the heights that he could have because of his laziness, then you could say that he should look back on his career with regret. I think Dyer looks back and thinks 'what if' with regards to his injuries, but probably not his effort.