Telegraph: Leeds 'interested' in Alan Smith

Decky

He dropped him last season

Was gonna say that. Ive no doubt he will be benched for Tiote eventually, maybe as soon as next week. However it pisses me off that he is always there, waiting to come in. Really just want this goon out of our club completely. How many years did he sign for anyway?

I thought it was appalling that he was generally applauded off when i've seen the likes of Laurent Robert booed off at home. There is no excuse for a tackle like that in the penalty area and he should have received the dog's abuse.

This guy actually cannot play football. He literally doesn't know what he is doing out there. He's just decided he will frown his face and act the hard man, even though he's weak as piss, while throwing himself mindlessly into tackles. A poor man's Lee Cattermole (yes, he's that bad) who doesn't get sent off as much because he used to play for Manure.

This guy actually cannot play football. He literally doesn't know what he is doing out there. He's just decided he will frown his face and act the hard man, even though he's weak as piss, while throwing himself mindlessly into tackles. A poor man's Lee Cattermole (yes, he's that bad) who doesn't get sent off as much because he used to play for Manure.

:sadnod:

we've had other players who came in for tonnes of criticism about being brainless or having bad movement or lacking common sense on the ball, but this guy is the worst ever. he's a player who has a half-decent first touch and is fairly strong but doesn't know what to do once he steps out onto the pitch and that's whether he is played up front or in midfield.

He's an absolute joke. He doesn't have any idea how to play centre midfield. Utterly clueless.

Whats he supposed to be? A holding midfielder? His passing is shocking, a touch like Freddie Kreuger, doesnt score, cant shoot, cant fucking tackle as we seen today.

The worst part of his game though is his lack of understanding of what he is, so much so that nobody else knows. His positional play is dire, it looks like he's a defensive midfielder, if so he should protect the back four, which he doesnt, the lad simply doesnt know what he's doing.

If we see him in a Newcastle shirt again it'll be too soon. There's no excuses for playing him now like, none at all. Guthrie's returning to fitnes, we've got tiote.

Fucking shit.

Guest malandro

He dropped him last season and it was the main reason we were so good after christmas, well that and signing Routledge.

No he didn’t. Smith lost his place in the team to injury and suspension.

He dropped him last season and it was the main reason we were so good after christmas, well that and signing Routledge.

Didn't reinstate him though, which amounts to the same thing.

Guest malandro

Nahh, it’s completely different. Saying you’re not good enough right now and I’m going to give your place in the side to somebody better, is not the same as saying I'm not going to reinstate you because I don’t want to disrupt a winning side.

Nahh, it’s completely different. Saying you’re not good enough right now and I’m going to give your place in the side to somebody better, is not the same as saying I'm not going to reinstate you because I don’t want to disrupt a winning side.

If Carroll gets injured for three games and we win them all, you can bet your bottom dollar he'll be back in after them. Hughton obviously didn't think we needed Smith.