Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Because he takes them with his right foot.

He crosses with his left, because he's stuck on the wrong flank. Can't understand why people complain about his crossing, we'd all play s*** if we had to play with our weaker foot all the time.

He's stuck out on the 'wrong flank' because he's convinced himself, and has convinced the coaching staff, that he's a left sided player.  He's not.  You can play a right sided player on the left if he's got a cracking shot when he cuts inside and is capable with his weaker foot, neither capability he posesses.

Why the hell are his corners so good? :lol:

He crosses with his left, because he's stuck on the wrong flank. Can't understand why people complain about his crossing, we'd all play s*** if we had to play with our weaker foot all the time.

He did cross it once or twice from the right flank with his stronger foot, but those were arguably worse than his crosses from the left.

He's stuck out on the 'wrong flank' because he's convinced himself, and has convinced the coaching staff, that he's a left sided player.  He's not.  You can play a right sided player on the left if he's got a cracking shot when he cuts inside and is capable with his weaker foot, neither capability he posesses.

Also, because he runs like a drunken giraffe he's off balance 95% of the time when he's crossing the ball. With his wrong foot. It's not a good formula.

First half yesterday he was fucking woeful, lost the head/hair band and came out looking much better. Need less of the crap we had to put up with in the first half, like trying to take too many players on etc, and get back to what he showed in the second half. And he can cross a ball, just wish he'd do it more often.

I'd like to swap the threat over on the wings.. with no HBA its worth a try, play Routledge on the left so he can cut in and have a dig, play Jonas right so he can cover the RB be it Perch or Simpson and can then be crossing with his right.

Guest neesy111

He should give Joey Barton some lessons in how to take a decent set piece. Even Guthrie did better.

Agreed, Barton's set-piece's are very poor most of the time (i.e. not beating 1st or 2nd man on corners).

Guest neesy111

Starting to play more like what is expected of him being a winger, seems like he's gone back to the drawing board after being dropped earlier in the season.

I'd like to swap the threat over on the wings.. with no HBA its worth a try, play Routledge on the left so he can cut in and have a dig, play Jonas right so he can cover the RB be it Perch or Simpson and can then be crossing with his right.

worth a try, but rather than play routledge out of position i'd hoy Ranger out on the left and tell him to graft like fuck.

It comes as no suprise that he performed better when Routledge came on as Wigan actually had to defend on their right instead of doubling and trebling up on him and Jose. Not that Routledge did anything of note like.

worth a try, but rather than play routledge out of position i'd hoy Ranger out on the left and tell him to graft like fuck.

:lol: You'd rather play an inexperienced striker on the left wing than an experienced right winger?

Aye he can put in a good corner, he is decent at striking a dead ball I would let him take the corners. Barton and Guthrie can strike the ball from outside the box so have them there for corners.

Its these simple things that could make the difference.

As for Ranger on the left instead of Routledge.. erm kna BUT Nile should come on in every game for sure he offers us a great work ethic and energy.

Who he should come on for should depend on how the game is going.

:lol: You'd rather play an inexperienced striker on the left wing than an experienced right winger?

Yes. But then thats why I'm not a football manager. And stop doing gay smiley faces when you're talking to me.

Yes. But then thats why I'm not a football manager. And stop doing gay smiley faces when you're talking to me.

:lol:

:lol:

Hehe twat  :knuppel2: :lol: :tickedoff: :angry:

Jonas on the right is a must until we have a decent RB, we are so open to attack down the right its embarrassing. His work ethic is so important to us, yes him ad Jose have a good partnership BUT Jose also seems to do well when the man infront of him will drift in and leave him room to push on.

I say its worth a try, its not like we are changing to much tyey can swap back over if it does not work.

I think the swap would be worth a try. Breaking up the Jose/Jonas partnership is a small price to pay for (hopefully) an overall more balanced midfield. One step back to take two steps forward and all that jazz.

100% agree.

Perch and Routledge need a spell in the reserves until they can play effectively for us our right side is appalling and we need to sign players in January. Barton was piss poor yesterday too and Lovenkrands completely anonymous

Time to give some up and coming youngsters a chance. Shane Ferguson has been impressive and seems to have a great cross on him. As Routledge seems so poor ferguson deserves a try. Tavernier has looked ok at right back and again deseves a chance as Perch is a liability at the moment.

Our left side looks good but we are so predictable that all our attacks start there (largely because no one else on the pitch was capable) and we have next to nothing coming from central or wide right positions. I'm reluctant to tinker with the left but our hand may be forced.   

We need  a good suply line to Carroll and Shola, a team like:

Krul

Tavernier   Willy/Sol  Colo  Enrique

Jonas Guthrie  Tiote    Ferguson

Goala   Carroll

Guthrie should be playing centrally, he is a very good passer of the ball and should create as well defend well. Ferguson unlike Routlege looks from what i've seen of him pretty bloody good and often crosses early (suiting Carroll and Goala) and Enrique will no doubt assist him both defensively and offensively. Jonas is right footed so should be able to naturaly provide from the right and will help Tavernier defensively.

I do not agree that we will just resort to hoofing it (although we admitedly be pretty awesome in the air). Shola has good movement and his finishing is good at the moment. Carroll holds the ball up well and bring others into play hopefully with a proper strike partner it takes pressure off him and he can start finding the back of the net again.

Ranger off the bench if needs be. If it doesn't work, then Jonas back on the left and someone else RW.