Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Sorry but he was s*** today, even that ball for Nolan (who should have done better) was over hit.

Surely a wind-up.

Not at all, he was s***.

As for driven across the box, he just got in space and booted it at Nolan. Anyone with a bit of technical ability would have played it into him, not hit it as hard as they can hoping it reaches him. That's kids football man!

It did reach. Low ball into the box could've gone off a defender and in and caused all kinds of hell and on another day Nolan may have struck it sweet as a nut. I'll take kids football, don't care if he caresses the ball like a lover. He got that ball in a dangerous position full stop.

Sorry but he was s*** today, even that ball for Nolan (who should have done better) was over hit.

Surely a wind-up.

Not at all, he was s***.

As for driven across the box, he just got in space and booted it at Nolan. Anyone with a bit of technical ability would have played it into him, not hit it as hard as they can hoping it reaches him. That's kids football man!

It did reach. Low ball into the box could've gone off a defender and in and caused all kinds of hell and on another day Nolan may have struck it sweet as a nut. I'll take kids football, don't care if he caresses the ball like a lover. He got that ball in a dangerous position full stop.

Anyone could stand on a football pitch and kick the ball as hard as they can at the box, it doesn't make them a footballer.

He is a decent dribbler i will give him that but it's a myth that he takes pressure off us as 90% of the time he just gives it straight back where as a slower more technical player would at least hold on to it longer.

Guest Stephen927

Surely a wind-up.

Not at all, he was s***.

Aye.

But it was not driven. It was scuffed off the outside of his foot as he was stretching.

The flaw with playing him on the left, is the fact his left foot is awful.

Surely a wind-up.

Not at all, he was s***.

Anyone could stand on a football pitch and kick the ball as hard as they can at the box, it doesn't make them a footballer.

He is a decent dribbler i will give him that but it's a myth that he takes pressure off us as 90% of the time he just gives it straight back where as a slower more technical player would at least hold on to it longer.

Didn't haven't be anything else though did it? Took my admiration of the cross to the nth degree there. He got the ball in a dangerous position on that occasion and that was good enough in that instance. He keeps that up I dont care how they get there. Don't know what he has to do sometimes. First to admit he's not Cronaldo but jesus.

Guest michaelfoster

There was a point where we got the ball in defence and started attacking, Jonas had been on the pitch for 10 mins and wasnt even attempting to get forward, he was just casually walking forward.

Also when he doesnt have the ball he doesnt try to get into position, he just stands there and waits for the ball, infuriates me tbh

I'm literally dumbfounded as to why he is getting called for todays performance. Absolutely insane.

People need a scapegoat and will latch onto any incident, however small. As I've already said, he was clearly one of your better players today. He contributed more in however long he was on than Nolan did all game.

Out of interest, how was Routledge today by comparison?

One or two decent moments under pressure but shit on the whole.

wtf?  calling guti shit when he created better chances in half an hour, compared to arfa and routledge did put together.

Guti aint usually a great player when it comes to the final ball but shit he did well when he came on today

jesus guys credit where credit is due. christ.

One or two decent moments under pressure but s*** on the whole.

Fair enough...dunno why, but I think Routledge is getting off very easy compared to Jonas given that he's also shown zero crossing ability or any real threat (beyond attacking space - which is why he sometimes looks alright when he's dribbling near the half-way line) since our return to the Premiership.

I think we're in a bit of unexpected trouble regarding our wingers. At the start of the season, I thought that was one of our stronger points - two half-decent, pacey wingers who can take players on for fun, and once in a while can put a good cross in or score the odd goal - with central midfield being our weak point due to the lack of pace, passing, tackling, athleticism, strength, etc. It looks like the opposite is the case now, in that we've got a pair of wingers who can't hit a barn door at this level and frequently lose the ball cheaply (with Ben Arfa clearly not being a winger at all), but a central midfield that due to the signing of Tiote and Barton's relatively improved form has the mixture of everything we need to form a decent team.

What compounds matters is that in Andy Carroll we've got someone who could well thrive in a team with deadly crossers. Yet absolutely noone is putting a good ball into the box, aside from maybe Jose Enrique. Perch's crossing has been beyond hopeless to the extent that his crossing ability is not even worth contemplating, Routledge floats them in at around 2 mph with alarming accuracy in terms of finding an opposition centreback's head, and Jonas can whip them in low but because of his two golf-club feet being ont he end of his two left feet it's absolute pot luck if it ends up reaching one of our players (and even if it does it's usually behind everyone anyway).

We're in danger of an NZogbia/Duff situation here... mitigated a potentially good signing by dropping one of our best players.

IMO the decision to play Ben Arfa central and leave Jonas/Enrique together on the left is so obvious it's criminal. Anything else causes more problems than it solves.

We're in danger of an NZogbia/Duff situation here... mitigated a potentially good signing by dropping one of our best players.

IMO the decision to play Ben Arfa central and leave Jonas/Enrique together on the left is so obvious it's criminal. Anything else causes more problems than it solves.

:thup:

Guest Stephen927

The closest striker to him needs to peel off and look for the short pass. He's a poor crosser of the ball, he needs the support of players around him and Enique overlapping to be effective.

One or two decent moments under pressure but s*** on the whole.

Fair enough...dunno why, but I think Routledge is getting off very easy compared to Jonas given that he's also shown zero crossing ability or any real threat (beyond attacking space - which is why he sometimes looks alright when he's dribbling near the half-way line) since our return to the Premiership.

I think we're in a bit of unexpected trouble regarding our wingers. At the start of the season, I thought that was one of our stronger points - two half-decent, pacey wingers who can take players on for fun, and once in a while can put a good cross in or score the odd goal - with central midfield being our weak point due to the lack of pace, passing, tackling, athleticism, strength, etc. It looks like the opposite is the case now, in that we've got a pair of wingers who can't hit a barn door at this level and frequently lose the ball cheaply (with Ben Arfa clearly not being a winger at all), but a central midfield that due to the signing of Tiote and Barton's relatively improved form has the mixture of everything we need to form a decent team.

What compounds matters is that in Andy Carroll we've got someone who could well thrive in a team with deadly crossers. Yet absolutely noone is putting a good ball into the box, aside from maybe Jose Enrique. Perch's crossing has been beyond hopeless to the extent that his crossing ability is not even worth contemplating, Routledge floats them in at around 2 mph with alarming accuracy in terms of finding an opposition centreback's head, and Jonas can whip them in low but because of his two golf-club feet being ont he end of his two left feet it's absolute pot luck if it ends up reaching one of our players (and even if it does it's usually behind everyone anyway).

very gud stuff son  :clap:  O0