Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Wally_McFool

The most positive person on the pitch against Arsenal was Barton, I'd much rather see him as captain now that he seems to have pulled his game together and learned some self-control.

Thats the kiss of death if I've ever seen it.  ;D

The most positive person on the pitch against Arsenal was Barton, I'd much rather see him as captain now that he seems to have pulled his game together and learned some self-control.

Thats the kiss of death if I've ever seen it.  ;D

Not sure about that one myself. He has been much improved, but he would never be captain of my team if I was in charge.

Mick's right though, he was the biggest leader on that pitch against Arsenal. It was him that got the team and the fans going, his passion can be seen in the scenes after his second penalty - he really believed we could do it.

His somewhat patchy past still puts a question on it for me though. A decent end of season and I'd contemplate giving him the vice-captaincy. Him and Nolan seem like the 'big pros' in that outfield team.

I would be looking to a first team without Nolan next season if possible.

I would be looking to a first team with Nolan right now if possible :lol: I can't see either happening though.

I would be looking to a first team with Nolan right now if possible :lol: I can't see either happening though.

This season definitely not, but with Ben Arfa fit next season and maybe another midfield signing he will definitely be bench material. At least based on football ability, his leadership skills might see him through again I suppose.

This season definitely not, but with Ben Arfa fit next season and maybe another midfield signing he will definitely be bench material. At least based on football ability, his leadership skills might see him through again I suppose.

Leadership is the issue for me. I just can't see Pardew ripping out what many see as the heart of the team (the motivator). My ideal is:

Krul/Forster

Simpson  CB  Colo  Enrique

Barton    CM    Tiote    LM

HBA

CF

Subs:

Krul/Forster, LB, Williamson, Nolan, Gosling, Jonas, CF.

But I can't see us spending money on four first teamers, as well as a backup striker and cover for LB, anytime soon.

Fuck the haterzzz!!!!

:jonas:

:clap:

http://bonvivantonline.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/obama-spiderman.jpg

BUT

http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/5310809/Haters-gonna-hate.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Question-Spiderman

Excellent game tonight Jonas :smitten: