Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

In my first post regarding this topic, I stated that talent and continuity from the club interacts. First, you got to have talent to succeed, which Enrique has. But regardless, this talent needs to be developed in correct settings, eg. being able to play football on the highest level, through many years, without being punished for mistakes made due to inexperience. Consequently, if you doesn't have talent or focus, you end up like Perch. However, you can have a shitload of talent, but it will not released if you don't receive the proper backup or mentoring. This mentoring Enrique has received from the club. In other words, to succeed as a player you're dependent on TWO factors: one, you need to have some talent, work ethic or focus. But secondly, you also need a club that sees your potential and backs you up, even though you don't deliver immediately. This even applied for CRonaldo, as I've mentioned earlier.  And both those factors applies for Enrique, but I argue that the second factor has been more important for his development than the former.. Accordingly those factors varies in importance from player to player. Some has more talent, and needs less development and takes the level immediately, while others needs more time, like Enrique. In fact, most players depend more on the second than the first factor.

And as a result, I mean that Enrique owes the club a new contract so that we're able to recoup our outlay if we have to sell him because his ambitions has outgrown ours.

Guest firetotheworks

Jonas has said pretty much exactly what I'd want to hear from a Newcastle player. He wants to stay and wants us to improve, it's a given.

And also acknowledges the fact the club were in a tough position to turn down the Carroll offer.

I think he, Barton, Enrique, etc. all accept that if we spend most of that cash then we'll go places. Also think it's significant that Carver's signed a long-term deal. He must have been given assurances that money will be spent for him to stay with us after what he said after the Hughton sacking.

The cunt ran straight down the tunnel today when he was subbed. Despise players for doing that.

Straight into the ice bath.. how dare he.. Loven went down too.

We struggled when he went off, he is the only one that will carry the ball, he is always there for an out ball too.

Was very good again today. Compare what he gave us down the left compared to the dross offered up by Simpson and Lovenkrands down the right (albeit out of position) we're lucky to have him.

I see Ian W point, he gets doubled up on a lot and creates space for other players. If we had someone exploiting this like Dyer used to we would get more chances.

I see Ian W point, he gets doubled up on a lot and creates space for other players. If we had someone exploiting this like Dyer used to we would get more chances.

Like Ben Arfa? :snod:

I've given him alot of stick in his time here, but he went up ten-fold in my estimations today.

In the last 10-15 minutes, he looked like the only forward player who gave a fuck. And his actions nearer the end are an example that alot of them need to live up to.

Guest michaelfoster

I would love to see Jonas with some mobile and intelligent players around him, would be interesting.

If he could actually cross a ball he would be lethal

Guest neesy111

Was my MOTM, his crossing has improved vastly.  Still needs to learn when to shoot as he had a few good openings.

I've given him alot of stick in his time here, but he went up ten-fold in my estimations today.

In the last 10-15 minutes, he looked like the only forward player who gave a fuck. And his actions nearer the end are an example that alot of them need to live up to.

:thup: he seems to have picked his game up a lot recently. If anything he seemed to up his efforts when Jose went off to help cover the newer, weaker replacement LB.