Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't get the poor first half comments, he ran them ragged at times. Bearing in mind he had at times Modric and Bale on his flank. In total he destroyed Walker who I rate as a decent prospect.

Thought he was having a bit of a nightmare in the first half, but came out a completely different player in the second. His work for the first goal was top class.

He spent most of the first half protecting Ryan Taylor and was our best leftback, he can't be in two places at once.

Was superb as always.

Starting to get a bit more credit from National commentators too :thup:

Not much more from the commentary I heard. They couldn't stop going on about Modric's poor defending.

And last week it was Wolves' poor defending. Next week, I think Wigan are scheduled to defend poorly on their left flank too.

I don't get the poor first half comments, he ran them ragged at times. Bearing in mind he had at times Modric and Bale on his flank. In total he destroyed Walker who I rate as a decent prospect.

Absolutely correct.  Was in no way poor in the first half. Great defensive contribution as always.

Edit: by always I mean 2011, of course.

I am another one who disagrees with the "poor first half" comments. I thought he offered enough going forward but in the first 30 minutes or so he did not neglect his defensive duties. I personally rate that. He didn't leave the team exposed.

The otehr element that cannot be questioned is his work rate. Exceptional!!

Nee end product, should play on the right, play Marveaux cos he was alreet against Forest, only good at defending [/idiots]

Most have said play Marveaux instead of Obertan.

True, but not all particularly not after the last home game.

Is it not having Enrique behind him or having competition for his place that has got him playing so well?

He's been excellent for most of the season.

The latter and having a summer off probably helped too. Conveniently swept under the carpet that he spent most of last summer at the World Cup.